[Round 6] Monaco

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
MaxX
GP2 Star

[Round 6] Monaco

Post by MaxX »

Let the show begin, we are at Monaco. The circuit where the driving abilities count more than the car.

What do you think, who can make it? I don`t expect any surprises at the front, but maybe BMW could score another good result here. I wish DC his first points here, he has always doing well here. It`s a change to beat Webber, I doubt he`ll be able to do that very often that season. I`m also looking forward for Alonso, he should show us some pieces of his driving talent.

Personally I`d like to have a race like 1996, with many action and a surpriseing victory, but realisitically we can be happy if it doesn`t get as boring as the last 2 races.
AD
GP2 Acc

Re: [Round 6] Monaco

Post by AD »

Well, if there could actually be some weather troubles like there have been at least some indications so far, it could get pretty tough here without the electronical gizmos the drivers could rely on in recent years. But of course, 1996 was one of those crazy races that only seem to happen once a decade... :wink:

I like that apparently, some of the drivers will have special designs again this year...
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

AD wrote:I like that apparently, some of the drivers will have special designs again this year...
Yeah, that's one reason why I do really like the Monegasque grand prix.
If we will have a wet race, I cross my fingers for Sutil. I hope he's doing a quite well job in race then like in last year's practise :wink:
- . -
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I'd rather bet, that Sutil would be the first one that we see in the barriers... O:)
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Seems like that the Force India drivers retire in the first corner traditionally :roll:
Petrus
GP2 Starter

Post by Petrus »

I checked the forecast for Saturday and Sunday. We could be on for a wet quali and race. Maybe a surprise winner?
They think it's all over ... it is now!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Well now Ralf Schumacher has left we can't bet on him to be a first corner retirement...

I hope it does rain, for one reason only: it'll show that F1 isn't actually any more dangerous without traction control, and so it will shut up all the doom-mongers who are claiming it will be the most dangerous race since time began... Now my memory isn't that brilliant, but I'm fairly sure F1 used to run perfectly safe races at Monaco before TC was even invented...
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Mh, the two Ferraris in the first row :| Let's see if they could "rule" the reast like in the races before...
- . -
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Let`s see what happens if the rain comes (I think and hope so). The Ferrari`s are still the favorites but there can happen many things here.

Rosberg is my top underdog here, he was very fast in Q1 & Q2 and might have a heavier car. i think Heidfeld and Fisichella can also show more than in the Qualifying.

Let`s see what happens and if this will be as stunning as I hope :D
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Has anybody news about the weather in Monaco?

I hope the rain will fall constantly over the whole race, it's always disappointing (for us fans), when there are only 5 minutes rain or if we are waiting for it for the whole race (and after it's over, it starts).

I still remember Monaco 1997 (I didn't watch it in 96 yet), that was an awesome race (especially by Michael Schumacher, who controlled everything from the first position (although he made one mistake). And the Williams team which had wrong weather predictions and both drivers destroyed their cars. So Mika Salo could score the last points for Tyrrell ever, with a none stop strategey (if I remember correctly). How I wish something like this will happen again, today.

Maybe this man will be the great winner then (the picture is fantastic, that's why I posted it):
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

GREAT! Right now it seems everything will stay dry (the captain of VJ Mallya's yacht said so), at least for the next hour (he said that 20 Minutes ago. So I guess no rain during the race. PERFECT! [-(
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Well, that was another very interesting race... good to see that for once this season, the "rain risk" predictions were somewhere close to accurate. :)

I was a bit surprised, negatively, though to see so many of the top drivers make these kinds of blatant mistakes. Of course, on the one hand, when it rains or it's wet and you're gambling with the tires, things can happen very fast -- but on the other hand, both some of the less experienced drivers (Kubica, Vettel, Sutil -- until the scene at the end) and some of the colleagues in less than optimum cars (Webber, Barrichello) drove a steady race and got served well today with points for quite a few of them, so it's obviously possible to drive a race like that, on this track and under these conditions.

On the other side of the spectrum, Massa went straight in St. Devote, which cost him the lead at the time, then Räikkönen damaged his front wing twice, once in the middle of the race and then when he crashed into Sutil's car -- and the way Alonso tried to "overtake" Heidfeld in the tight hairpin could almost be misinterpreted like he still thought it was 2006 or 2007 and the guy in front of him would get a blue flag in time... :|

I'd understand it that some of the younger guys, like Glock or Piquet, who didn't know the track in this car before the weekend, would make some mistakes like we've seen, because they lacked the immediate experience -- but these guys, that have driven six, seven grand prixs here... :roll:

Hamilton was very lucky, too, that he only lost the tire/wheel when he chipped the barriere near the beginning of the race -- but he kind of made up for it with a really solid performance from that point on towards the end...
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

I feel sorry for Sutil, that crazy move by Raikkonen #-o #-o ](*,)

It was an exciting race, the very best so far after Melbourne, which is another street course. Maybe that's the big deal! We need more street courses: Canada, Singapore and Valencia. They are under way... \:D/

It was a good race by Vettel, Barrichello and Webber too, by the way! =D>
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

V12-Power wrote:Maybe this man will be the great winner then (the picture is fantastic, that's why I posted it):
Sadly no Rosberg for the win:
:wink:
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

It was a fantastic race, but that end was cruel. Too bad Raikkönen lost his car and crashed into Sutil's rear. Actually I always thought Sutil was very overrated, but what he showed today was superb! It's a big shame he was not able to continue, I feel very sorry for his team and especially Sutil. :cry: :cry: