Sneak peek at changed McLaren livery

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
AD
GP2 Acc

Sneak peek at changed McLaren livery

Post by AD »

I know it's not much, but it's something...

I can also somehow confirm that sooner or later, there can be a GP2 version of this because some time ago, I started drawing up a design similar to this...
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

These are the same pics, but maybe better quality:
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Where do they come from???

Is it a pic made with pc??? But it does look so real.
- . -
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

I don't think it's real. It's would definitely hurt their deal with Johnny Walker as that's where the Voda logo is now. Unless Johnny Walker has ended it's deal ahead of schedule.

Even though I think it isn't, I don't like it. Is it Pedro driving?
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

It comes from the spanish newspaper 'Marca' who claim to have shot this during some kind of McLaren PR testing activity at Valencia...

Especially on the larger pics V-12 Power posted here, I don't think it's simply an editing job where someone photoshopped the sidepods. This combination between the big, circular logo and the "Vodafone" writing has not appeared on the Ferrari before.

I'm not sure whether this is the "actual", i.e. final livery they're going to use in 2007. Maybe they're testing this out to see how it works on camera. Especially on the big picture you can see that there's no advertisement on the rear wing anymore...

The funny thing is? Don't we have an official break from testing until the end of the month? The only possibility how McLaren could do this would be to make it a "rollout" of some sort where they don't exceed a certain numer of kilometres they're driving (does this kind of rule even exist in F1, or only in DTM)?
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

About this whole issue, I'd like to say this:
they probably drove for a commercial shoot, it's not the final livery, but it comes close and Emirates is not the rearwing because they will "probably" go to Honda.

Now about the testing ban and still running a car, what about the Reanult test of Carlos Sainz and BMW test of Alex Zanardi?
I don't know how they are able to run a car under a testing ban.
All three teams were Michelin runners, by the way. But only the Mclaren was already running Bridgestones.
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Like it has been already mentionend here I'm sure that it was a shot of a commercial. Why this was able although there's this testing ban i don't know... probably it was OK because only one or two laps where driven with very slow speeds.

Carlos Sainz drove a R25 from 2005, so there should have been no problem while Zanardi's BMW test will be somewhere around 26th or 28th November.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

My mistake, Zanardi only had a seatfitting.... :oops:
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

That's right, but he's going to test the car when "official" testing has resumed...