[Round 5] Turkey

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
MaxX
GP2 Star

[Round 5] Turkey

Post by MaxX »

Do 2 cars less on the grid mean we`ll have a not exciteing race as usual?

I really hope McLaren can repeat their good performance of the first testing runs in the qualify and race, if Kimi manages to win again, he would gain a pretty good advantage. Of course I wish also Kimi the best, but I also want some tight action at the front 8)

Hopefully BMW and Renault can also repeat their strong performances of the past. It will also be interesting if Red Bull and Toyota can hold their position as they did in the last race.

Poor Fisico, 3 places back on the grip will make it hard to avoid the last row. Hm, but Sutil is definitaly outrunned by Fisico, if Liuzzi is not faster he should be fine, but anything else could be a problem for the next races.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Re: [Round 5] Turkey

Post by V12-Power »

MäxX wrote:Do 2 cars less on the grid mean we`ll have a not exciteing race as usual?
The race will be as boring as always. :roll: And if there are 2 cars or 4 cars less or 2 cars more, there won't be more action either. Poor F1... Let's hope the new rules will change that next year.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

For the races 3 and 4 I agree, but i pretty enjoyed the first 2 rounds :)

The F1 was most exciteing in the 80ies and early 90ies, the cars were different but their were also drivers like Senna, Prost, Mansell, Alesi, Piquet and Berger. I miss peronalities like them in the actual F1 :-k
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

A quest to the qualy? Do you hve a clue why the RBRs just drove one fast lap?
- . -
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

HF wrote:A quest to the qualy? Do you hve a clue why the RBRs just drove one fast lap?
Maybe because they don't want to drive much fuel out of their tank, so they will be heavier tomorrow... :-k
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

http://hfgp2.hf.funpic.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=13

Just have 11 clicks and take part!
- . -
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

I asked sometime, I forgot the answer. :oops:

What means : Tired count ?
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I made a tip! I "translated" tired count with "number of retirements". But I have no clue, too... --> good question!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

A red silver first row is a nice variety and I hope wel`ll have a close one here. If Heidfeld has a good start he might be able to take part of the decission but else I suppose 6th place could be the max (except some unexpectable things happen, of course ;) )

Renault seems to be able to catch up with RBR and Toyota once more, let`s see what happens if Alonso`s car stays in the race today.

I would have seen the Willams better after the great start in the season, but this is unfortunately not so. At least they seem to have a good reliability and score the points other loose due failures, collisions, whatever.

For me Nakajima and Piquet jr. are much too far behind their teammates and could get problems gaining a similar competitive cockpit for the next season :-k

What do you say, how many STR will make it through the first lap this time and will be classified in the end?

If Fisico manages to have a good start either, he might be able to be a little bit in action, he is very close to the STR.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I think Nakajima performes really well. Like Wurz last year he grabs the points when they are lieing around. And though Rosberg is very fast on one lap, Nakajima was only 2 tenths behind him in Turkey GP's qualifying.

I also believe that Piquet will prove his talent sooner or later. In GP2 he showed, that he is on the same level as Hamilton.

The fight for the places 4-8 could be very interesting today! I can't wait for the start!;-)
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

V12-Power wrote:I made a tip! I "translated" tired count with "number of retirements". But I have no clue, too... --> good question!
You're right. Seem to be something wrong in the languagepack. The WebTip is developed by a german :wink: Maybe he is not very good in English. I never read this expression 'cause I use the forum in English...

I actually only cross my fingers for Vettel and Sutil. I want them to finish the race once :wink:
- . -
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

It was a bit off a boring race... Some good overtaking actions though! 8) Especially from Kovalainen. I want to see him win a race someday! [-o<
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Well, nothing to get overly excited about, but some nice things. Ironically, Kovalainen's maneuvers trying to get back to the front indicate how difficult it still seems to be to overtake with these kinds of cars these days - it mostly works when one car is vastly superior to the other.

Once again an impressive performance by Felipe Massa at this track, though. Three poles, three wins in a row now. :)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..