Super Aguri and the money

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
HF
GP2 Star

Super Aguri and the money

Post by HF »

well, it's said that Aguri has 2 days left to get money. If he doesn't Super Aguri won't be able to run in Spain :shock: One investor, who was said to have an contract with SA, dismissed the team. How realistic is the case that Bernie E will give them a financial support? What do you think?
If I remember correctly, Aguri Suzuki and Bernie Ecclestone aren't the best friends.... :-k
- . -
AD
GP2 Acc

Re: Super Aguri and the money

Post by AD »

It all seems to be up in the air at the moment, I don't know what to think about it. It would be sad if they didn't even get to finish the season, but that's all speculation right now. Maybe something's still going to work out for them in whatever time there is. :roll:
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

That would be a pitty, but AFAIR Bernie has never been a friend of backmarkers. Back in 1996 (as the 107% rule was introduced) he said that backmarkers like simtek and pacific would not be missed....
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Yeah but I seem to remember that he helped Minardi out a while back, although part of that decision was motivated by the fact that if the team had disappeared it would have left only 18 cars on the grid, and I think a lot of the contracts with circuits stated that there had to be at least twenty. It's a bit different with SA as there are 22 cars these days. However, having lost one team before the season even started (Prodrive), he may be reluctant to let another team go.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Unfortunate news, at least:

Super Aguri withdraw from Formula One

:cry:
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..