[Round 3] Bahrain

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
MaxX
GP2 Star

[Round 3] Bahrain

Post by MaxX »

There are many questions to be answered:

Can Ferrari or McLaren repeat there performances of the last 2 races?
When does BMW manage to be faster than Mclaren & Ferrari at the same time?
How strong is the Toyota?
Is Willams as competitive as in Melbourne or as in Malaysia?
Does Fisichella make it in the next Q Round?
How weak is Renault really?

Hopefully we`ll have a great GP again here!
HF
GP2 Star

Re: [Round 3] Bahrain

Post by HF »

There are many questions to be answered:
Can Ferrari or McLaren repeat there performances of the last 2 races?
Ferrari will be on the same level, Mclaren a littl bit stronger

Code: Select all

When does BMW manage to be faster than Mclaren & Ferrari at the same time?
Not here, the will beat maybe one car of every team but the second car will be at least on P8

How strong is the Toyota?
Glock will finish race in the top ten, Trulli gets 5th

Is Willams as competitive as in Melbourne or as in Malaysia?
They will be on the level from Melbourne
Does Fisichella make it in the next Q Round?
YES :mrgreen:
How weak is Renault really?
The car is a bloody damn car but the Alonso-effect will give him a P6
Hopefully we`ll have a great GP again here!
I hope so :wink:
- . -
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Williams is strong, but somewhere in the middle of the Melbourne and Malaysia level. Renault isn't that week I thought and Glok shows how he is giftet with talent. Mh, BMW got the pole.... lets see how much fuel was with Kubica :-k . fisico didn't made it but there will be 15 other trys :wink:
- . -
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

And one thing I want to add in a new post: Take part in the WebTipp-game on this site. Just klick on it and try. It's easy!
- . -
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

First pole for the Sauber team in F1 after 255 races, apparently. Nice, especially after it was Kubica's mistake in Melbourne that probably preempted it happening right there already. Of course, because of the dreadful quali/race connections with the fuel load, it's not clear what that's worth until the first part of the race is over tomorrow and you can approximatively say who used how much fuel today.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

I think Kubica is light. Let's say he needs to pit 2-4 laps earlier than Massa... :-k

Doesn't do any blame on his Pole though... GREAT One! \:D/
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Well, quite impressive pace by both the BMWs, I think, although obviously Ferrari wasn't anywhere in danger of losing the win. :wink:

Hamilton :roll:
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

A strong performance by BMW, but Ferrari was truly never in danger. Massa stayed in the race and showed once more that he is quite competitive in Bahrain circuit :D

I hope BMW can come even closer and McLaren will be restrengthened next round alltough. Hamilton had a hard weekend here, but he`ll strike back, that`s for sure.

Fisichella also did a great job, a pity he has not a better car :-k

Again Coulthard had a collision, but this time I`d give him most of the guiltiness here :roll:

Now 3 weeks of waiting time, can`t wait for the NL² set :mrgreen:
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Great race for the British contingent... ](*,)

Nice to see Kubica getting pole position in qualifying, clearly he's very quick regardless of what fuel load he happened to have, shame he "only" got third in the race but I think he'll still be happy! Not sure about Ferrari and Lewis Hamilton saying he'll be a championship contender though, I think he'll have a season more like Jenson Button's in 2004, where he's always there or thereabouts but not quite challenging for wins.

Not a great race for McLaren, but I'm pretty sure they'll fight back come the European season. They tend not to be down for too long.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Thomperson
GP2 Starter

Post by Thomperson »

Massa just fulfilled his obligation

Hamilton now have a duty at Barcelona: To win.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

MäxX wrote:Fisichella also did a great job, a pity he has not a better car :-k
Last year Sutil was the super newcomer, a lot of people already saw him in a Toyota or a McLaren. This year Fisichella shows him what a real F1-driver is!! Probably Force India should have better taken Fisichella and RS.
MäxX wrote:Again Coulthard had a collision, but this time I`d give him most of the guiltiness here :roll:
:shock: I would say it was 100% Button's fault!!

Kubica had a strong weekend, impressive! It seems he can handle the 2008 car better then Heidfeld.

As you already said, Ferrari was top! But I didn't expect McLaren to be only 3rd force, wow!

The race began promising, but got less exiting very fast. For me it was almost more exiting to watch the live-timer of the LMS race in Barcelona... Peugeot bet Audi for the first time (in a race) and the new Lola Aston Martin showed a magnificent performance!
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

V12-Power wrote:
MäxX wrote:Fisichella also did a great job, a pity he has not a better car :-k
Last year Sutil was the super newcomer, a lot of people already saw him in a Toyota or a McLaren. This year Fisichella shows him what a real F1-driver is!!
Yeah, I think last year he seemed to have an easy job, but that depends on the kinds of teammates he had. Fisichella now has many years of experience, that's a different caliber of a teammate than guys who were just in the same situation as Sutil, having driven some races in average-or-worse-kind of cars. I think it's a good chance for him to develop as a driver though, because there's a lot he can learn.

And given the material they both have, Fisichella's performance yesterday was impressive enough. It's nice to see that he seems to be able to find his motivation to really work on a car like this, even if for the time being, something like 12th place seems to be the best he can do with that. Maybe Ralf Schumacher can find a similar kind of motivation in DTM now. We'll see.