[Round 2] Malaysia

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
MaxX
GP2 Star

[Round 2] Malaysia

Post by MaxX »

I think this could be a real stunning race again.

Ferrari in the first row, McLaren in 2nd (mybe with more fuel?)

Again Toyota is really strong and I think BMW could also go with a little bit more fuel :-k If Fisichella continoues beeing that strong, he`ll make it in the next round.

But what went wrong with the Williams? They are pretty far behind and the fragile Red Bulls might be real dangerous...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VoBVDZNAluQ
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4YCBcNJoTws

I was pretty surprised seeing that
HF
GP2 Star

Re: [Round 2] Malaysia

Post by HF »

Well, I think the same! McLaren and BMW have a different strategy than Ferrari. I think the first row is something like limitation of damage. Remember the free practise: Who was hit who had no fuel? Yes, the Ferrarifrontman Räikkönen :wink:
The thing with Red Bull seems to be a problem with the track to me. I mean why shoul break both suspension when he crosses the curbs?
- . -
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Don't forget to vote your WebTip!
http://hfgp2.hf.funpic.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=13
- . -
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

McLaren drivers Heikki Kovalainen and Lewis Hamilton will each drop five places on the grid for Sunday’s Malaysian Grand Prix after stewards decided they had blocked rival drivers in the closing stages in qualifying. They will now start the race eighth and ninth respectively.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

To DC's accident: Wow!! The suspension is really fragile, pretty dangerous. I think the drivers should decide whether they want to start or not. But I guess they want to race!

To the McLaren incident: The punishment is correct. Every other slow driver drove along the racing-line, only the McLaren-drivers drove on the racing-line. That's unfair to their opponents. Silly *** (I censored myself) Norbert Haug shall be quiet and don't insult Heidfeld.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

V12-Power wrote: Silly *** (I censored myself) Norbert Haug shall be quiet and don't insult Heidfeld.
Did he?
- . -
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Yes, read on Motorsport Total! What he says is simply bullshit.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
Thomperson
GP2 Starter

Post by Thomperson »

And Massa made a shit again...

next round: Bahrain. Which lap and turn of Sakhir Massa will did his next mistake?

I bet in lap 1 8)
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Thomperson wrote:next round: Bahrain. Which lap and turn of Sakhir Massa will did his next mistake?

I bet in lap 1 8)
You're a Brasilian, aren't you?
But I don't know if he did shit or the car :-k But I'm on your side and think it was his fault :wink:
What to say about the race? Well, it was nice exept the Ferrari leading all the time so clearly 8-[
- . -
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

The punishment was ok I think, McLaren will be more carefull next time I bet.

That race was not really stunning and again I doubt that this outcome shows us the real strentgh of all teams. Hamilton had pretty bad luck with his first stop ruining his race, but I think the 3rd place would still have been the maximum possible for him today.

Massa is fast, but unfortunately tends to make big mistakes. His chances to get a Ferrari cockpit next year won`t increase too much :-k

Raikkonen controlled the race and showed once more that he is the Nr. 1 in the team, at this point I think McLaren has the better chances to win the constructor`s championship, due havin the better drivers in total.

BMW Sauber showed once more that they are the third power in the championship. Their first victory will come soon I think.

Toyota really surpised me, too bad Glock hat to stop so soon. Trulli made a strong race and the 4th place is truly well deserved. It was funny to hear, that teams have a "Trulli factor" in their calculations in their race tactics :lol: but his pace wasn`t too bad today IMO.

The most other teams are real close together, everything can happen here. This will be a real close thing this year.

Force India is much stronger that I`d have expected, too bad Sutil had to forfeit two races in a row because of a reliability problem.
The Super Aguris finished both, but they will stay the weakest of all teams :?
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I was very impressed by two drivers today. Firstly Robert Kubica: he had a quiet race but was clearly one of the fastest drivers out there and didn't make a mistake all day. And Heidfeld's fastest lap showed how quick the BMW was. Secondly Jarno Trulli: He was on it all weekend, it's not often that you can say that about him! It shows how good he can be when the car's to his liking. And judging from the speed of both Toyotas over the weekend, it looks like the car will be to his liking more often than not.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

P.S.:

The pass of Heidfeld was really nice, a great maneuver
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Yeah, Heidfeld has learned a bit from Mika Häkkinen, apparently. :)

The rest of the race seemed nowhere near as interesting as Melbourne to me, though. :roll:
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
Thomperson
GP2 Starter

Post by Thomperson »

HF wrote:You're a Brasilian, aren't you?
But I don't know if he did shit or the car :-k But I'm on your side and think it was his fault :wink:
What to say about the race? Well, it was nice exept the Ferrari leading all the time so clearly 8-[
Yes, I'm Brazilian.
But nationality doesn't matter to me. Massa also is Brazilian, but I think he is not the ideal driver to become World Champion. He is fast, but make stupid mistakes, since Sauber in 2002. For me, to see Lewis Hamilton, Kimi Raikkonen and mainly Fernando Alonso driving is much better and I can feel their World-Champion-skill.

Renault's car is too slow. Alonso only in 8th and Nelsinho in 11th. The Piquet's result don't surprising, he is a rookie, but Alonso show so slow is this R28. Could be better to have a talk with Stefano Domenicali for next year, Fernando. :mrgreen:
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Alonso in the Ferrari next year sounds realistic to me