[Round 2] Malaysia

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
HF
GP2 Star

Re: [Round 2] Malaysia

Post by HF »

MäxX wrote:Alonso in the Ferrari next year sounds realistic to me
Well, do you think he would do the same mistake twice? I think he had learned and does not ever want to race with a teammate who is on his level..... :-k
- . -
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

HF wrote:
MäxX wrote:Alonso in the Ferrari next year sounds realistic to me
Well, do you think he would do the same mistake twice? I think he had learned and does not ever want to race with a teammate who is on his level..... :-k
I think he has no doubts in being the fastest driver on the grid and he wants to be in a competitive team next year (which means only Ferrari and BMW remaining), so this sounds like a realistic scenario :wink:
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Well, I think the only likely circumstances under which a Ferrari-Alonso deal would really be actualised would be if for some speculative reason, Räikkönen would lose interest in F1 and/or be willing to move elsewhere. As long as that's probably not the case, I don't see why Ferrari should engage in a situation like that, which would basically mean having two established drivers who have both been world champions running against each other in the same team. Ferrari haven't taken that risk in many, many years at least, so I wouldn't expect that to change now - especially not after last year, where, arguably, all of the struggles that apparently or allegedly took place at McLaren might just have been one important factor contributing to the fact that Ferrari won both championships after all. I don't think it would be very wise, strategically, to plant that same kind of risk in their own team, when there currently seems to be no need for it.

As for wanting the best car... Alonso had some of the best cars for the last three years now... and two times, he willingly gave up on driving them for other interesting or different opportunities. That looks like pretty impulsive decision-making to me, which I personally don't think is wise when we're talking about important career decisions like that. Now, some of you guys might not see it that way (and that's okay ;-)), but I'd respect Alonso more for committing himself to a team like Renault again for some time, even if currently the car there isn't good enough for winning races or championships - instead of basically just using a team like that to pass your time until Ferrari might or might not ask you to join them.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..