One week to go..... Aussie!

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
HF
GP2 Star

Re: One week to go..... Aussie!

Post by HF »

V12-Power wrote:
HF wrote:Well, I found this solution: http://itv-80.vo.llnwd.net/d1/broadband ... layer.html
Free practise was there...
Cool!! Then I can watch F1 (because I have no TV). Yesterday I also watched the game Werder vs. Rangers in the ZDF-livestream. Thanks for sharing, Henning!
On RTL.de you can watch the race and the qualy too. This is the TV program watchable there if you want to have german commentary. But I can't find the diredt link at the moment :|

The qualy, over for 20 minutes now, was really enjoyable I think. This is what I missed in the F1: drifting cars. Now the technique rised back int the background and the driver's talent in the foreground.

About the result:
#1 Hamilton at the pole makes me really happy. I've really crossed my thumbs for him. I hope his season gets as wonderful as his last but with an happy end :wink:
#2 Kubica, why have you made this mistake in your last lap? A season start with the first Polandpol would have been also verry great?
#3 Kovalainen made a quite well job. I mean, what did we expectet with such a beautiful - non-Ferrari- car?
#4 Massa saved the Ferrari's honour after the mistake of the crew pushing Räikkönen in the pits in section 2......
#5 Heidfeld. I think he was one of the fullest cars on the slope in the last section of qualy.... So let's face tomorrow and see what will happen.
#6 Trulli. His performance combined with Glock's.... is that the new toyotan power?
#7 Rosberg did at least a great job. But wth didn't he got closer to the top? His training laps were better if I remember right :roll:
#8 Coulthard, a grat job man.
#9 Glock. Like I already said: Toyota did a real great job!
#10 Vettel - the forth :shock: :shock: :shock: German in the top ten.... Amazing amount of us Germans :lol: Back to him: What was wrong with your car? If you would have drove such a well lap like in the sections before.. God Father, where would you have been?!?
(... :wink:)
#12 Alonso. I expected of his talent that he would have come into the top ten.... Is the Renaut really such a crappin' car?
#15 Räikkönen. Did you guys know if he was penaltied because of his' crew mistake or his handicap to the BMW in Q2?
#21 Piquet Jr. a big talent?!?! Would he have sittin' in a McLaren, I belive he would have been also ther at the bottom of the table....

ADDED: AND DON'T FORGET THE WEBTIP GAME :wink:
http://hfgp2.hf.funpic.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=13
- . -
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I'll check that out at RTL! Thanks!

To the qualifying (I didn't watch, only read about):

I still think that Ferrari has the best pace in the race. So at least Massa will have a good chance to win tomorrow. Kovalainen makes a very strong debut for McLaren in my opinion, he performed very well over the entire weekend. Hamilton is as strong as expected.

BMW made a further improvement over the winter. I think they are the 3rd force (like last year), with the difference that they can beat McLaren or Ferrari from time to time without bad luck of the others. This should be really exciting!

The 2nd team that impressed me is Toyota. Strong performance of both pilots. I wonder if there was something true on the rumours that they searched for a replacement for Trulli. If so, I can't understand it. Too bad RS isn't there anymore, I think this year he would have had the chance to show what he is able to...

Seems Renault is struggeling again, but who cares. My sympathies for Alonso where never big and since last season they got even smaller.

Vettel was very impressive, he's really fast. A hard nut to crack for Bourdais! Same goes for Rosberg and Nakajima. I don't know, maybe Nakajima thought after his testing times that he would really have a chance to beat or at least be close to Rosberg. But that's nonsense, he's far away!

I think this applies also to the Force India duo. Fisichella was faster over all sessions (as far as I know) and when he's ready with Sutil nobody will write Sutil in a McLaren, Williams or Toyota cockpit anymore... If he stays slower than Fisico his F1-career will be stopped end of the season or maybe in the middle (the replacement is already there -> Liuzzi). I think he's not bad, but absolutely overrated.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

I also didn`t watch the qual but I think I`ll watch the race live :D

Nice to see BMW came even closer, it would really be time for a victory from them!

Seems like Renault is weaker than I thought, but the position of Piquet makes me speechless :shock: Hard luck for Alonso, but I think Renault could get stronger in the season (maybe they`ll hire an ex-mclaren member again :lol: :lol: )

Vettel totally ruled Bourdais, this guy shows some real talent and is a sympathic character (the most sympathic german driver in the field for me), I hope he`ll manage to get some points!

Personally I`d like to have Fisico a little bit higher in the rankings tomorrow, I think he can be faster than that. I agree with HF, that Sutil has to improve himself, due having a real good & fast teammember now.

Toyota pays Williams to let Nakajima drive, but I think Sato would have been the better choice here . Williams will have the same problems as last year -> only one competitive driver in the qualification. But I think Wurz was faster in the race than Nakajima, so Rosberg will have to be even better to bring Williams at least on the same constructor`s position than last year :-k

Super Aguri will definitaly have a tough season, let`s see if the team will exist next year...
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

MäxX wrote:Super Aguri will definitaly have a tough season, let`s see if the team will exist next year...
I hope so... A field with 20 drivers?.... No! :mrgreen: More cars make the F1 more spectator-friendly.
- . -
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Well, that was an interesting qualifying... just had the time to watch my recording this afternoon... I was surprised there was no Ferrari on pole when I first saw the results this morning.

It was really great to see these many drivers actually struggle with their cars, because of the new electronics (or the lack of certain software :P). I had the impression people were off the line, over the curbs, in the dirt significantly more often than last season. I really like this. It seems to make the whole thing more challenging for the drivers. And just like last year, the rookie in the Renault apparently has one of the biggest challenges in front of him... :roll:

Alonso alledgedly had a problem with his car's differential, hence the balance was screwed - at least that's what I read he said after qualifying. :-" But well, after testing, I think no careful first impressions went in the direction that Renault would win races and championships this year... or did I overlook any opinions on that? :mrgreen:
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

That was a great opener which let's us suspect a lor for the season.

I watched the first half hour on ITV, but then it stumbeld a bit and I changed to RTL, where the pics also ran a bit better. Thanks again Henning for infos about the streams! :-)

Great performance by Hamilton and also by Kovalainen who was not payed out. I don't know what to think about this safety-car rule, it has advantages and disadvantages. But I prefered the old rule. For BMW goes the same as for McLaren, strong performance and some bad luck. But this was perfect for Williams in person of Nico Rosberg. He crowned a very strong performance with his first podium finish!

Red Bull had a lot of bad luck which leads directly to Massa and Ferrari. The performance of both Scuderia drivers was poor!

Sato showed a good race in the Super Aguri and Davidson would have probably, too. Didn't look that bad anymore. I read that if a car is damaged, the driver won't be able to start in Malaysia (because they have no spare parts with them). This would mean Davidson would be out for next race. But I actually can't believe that!?
Thomperson
GP2 Starter

Post by Thomperson »

Great race! :lol:

Barrichello have a sensational race before Honda made a mistake in his 2nd pit stop. Massa made a stupid race, with two stupid mistakes. He'll be the Ferrari's 2nd driver. Nelson Piquet Jr was slow every time. Alonso is the best driver, with a slow Renault make 4th. Raikkonen could be raced better. Kubica and Kovalainen had strategies problems. Heidfeld and Rosberg, with efficient strategies, and strong drivings going to the podium, good result for Germany. Sebastien Bourdais was sensational also, but the engine blows. Lewis Hamilton had the best car, and he is one of the best top drivers. The english will be World Champion this year, I'm sure.
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

@HF:
That`s right, I hope we`ll have 2 cars next season ;)

That was truly a nice race, I didn`t regret to stand up =D>

I don`t think the race showed exactly the real strength of all teams, but gave a well taste for the further season.

McLaren:
Has proved to be one of the championship competitors and both drivers did a very good job. Hamilton was never in trouble and dominated the race, Kovalainen was unlucky with the last safety car, and did else a great race. Heikki forcing Kimi into that big error was the decission.

BMW:
Kubica was faster than Kovalainen and without that hard luck, I am sure he would have been on the podium. Heidfeld did a errorless race and finished a well deserved second.I hope they get even closer to McLaren in the further season and score their first victory.

Williams:
Rosberg did an amazeing job out there and was at least equal to Heidfeld. He was real happy with that third place and I hope there will come more. Nakajima did an average race and was only 2 times in action: He passed Piquet, who struggled wit the car and put Kubica out of the race. Only one strong driver will make it hard for Williams to beat BMW in the constructor`s championship

Renault:
The car itself seemes to be a failure in total and the true potential of the car lies between the performances of Alonso and Piquet, but I think it`s closer to Piquet. Alonso did a great job and he really showed some driving skills. A pity he has a real weak car. I doubt Renault can motivate him to stay. If Piquet doesn`t improve, I doubt we`ll see him very long in the F1. But it was his first race, and Alonso is very strong. Let`s see.

Toro Rosso:
It`s a pity Vettel got out that soon because the team did really well out there. Bourdais controlling Alonso and Kovalainen running forth in the last laps was real impressive and will surely give the team some confidence for the upcoming races. For me Bourdais was the man of the race with that strong performance =D>

Ferrari:
Truly beaten much below worth, Raikkonen was pretty fast allthough beeing on an one stop strategy and lost quite some time behind Barrichello. Both drivers made race decideing mistakes and the reliability of the Ferrari rounded things up. Truly a race to forget. I still think that they are at least equal to McLaren, let`s see

Toyota:
Trulli was doing pretty well in fifth before he had to forfeit and Glock did also pretty well out there. I hope Glock`s Hand is ok and he can take the next race.

Super Aguri:
As weak as thought, but did a little bit better than expected.

Red Bull:
Couldn`t show the full potential of the car, I think we`ll see mre from them in the season.

Force India:
Both cars out after 8 laps, hard to say something about them

Honda:
Barrichello did a great race out there, the mistake leading to a disqualification was not necessary. I really hope he can make some points.

All in all there must be discussions about safety (bad track preparation caused a dangerous accident by Glock and the bad usability of mirrors where also not unguilty for the Coulthard/Massa crash) because the health of the drivers is the most important things. I remeber the Minardis having the same issues with the mirrors back in 1996, making them a real pain to overlap. :-k
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

MäxX wrote:That was truly a nice race, I didn`t regret to stand up =D>
i really enjoyed it too. My father told me thet I'm crackbrained. He said Ferrari will rule everybody and ererything and it will be a very boring race at least..... Harrr dad, far from it! :mrgreen:
MäxX wrote: I don`t think the race showed exactly the real strength of all teams, but gave a well taste for the further season.
With only 7 driver who saw the chekered flag - what a surprise :wink:
This race was amazing and well promotion for the season. Now we see that MM reached most of his aims, only the expens factor is a thing he need to focus and decrease (in his dreams).
MäxX wrote:Williams:
Rosberg did an amazeing job out there and was at least equal to Heidfeld. He was real happy with that third place and I hope there will come more. Nakajima did an average race and was only 2 times in action: He passed Piquet, who struggled wit the car and put Kubica out of the race. Only one strong driver will make it hard for Williams to beat BMW in the constructor`s championship
This was a nice scene before the award ceremony: Hamilton come in the room behinde the podium and "ran into" a big hug with Rosberg. This was really nice to watch. The one thing I missed: I culdn't lissten to them :|
About Nakajima: I think he did also a well race. he had luck and was one of the lasts everytime but I never saw any big mistake of him, saw him never besides the track. He was the best eroocki in this race!
MäxX wrote: If Piquet doesn`t improve, I doubt we`ll see him very long in the F1. But it was his first race, and Alonso is very strong. Let`s see.
If he drives the next races like in this racee, he will be replaced in France with one of Renault's French testers.
MäxX wrote:Toro Rosso:
It`s a pity Vettel got out that soon because the team did really well out there. Bourdais controlling Alonso and Kovalainen running forth in the last laps was real impressive and will surely give the team some confidence for the upcoming races. For me Bourdais was the man of the race with that strong performance =D>
The German commentator said: 2What will Gerhard (Berger) do now? retching hisself?" STR had bad luck for years now. Vettel in Fuji last year, Bourdais today.... A pity! They can do a really great job but take never credit for it.
MäxX wrote:Ferrari:
Truly beaten much below worth, Raikkonen was pretty fast allthough beeing on an one stop strategy and lost quite some time behind Barrichello. Both drivers made race decideing mistakes and the reliability of the Ferrari rounded things up. Truly a race to forget. I still think that they are at least equal to McLaren, let`s see
Next race, without this mechanic problems they will come into top 10 easily.
MäxX wrote:Toyota:
Trulli was doing pretty well in fifth before he had to forfeit and Glock did also pretty well out there. I hope Glock`s Hand is ok and he can take the next race.
The track at this point: Who did it controlled? Who detached it? I only can second you!
Does somebody knew what happen to Trulli? He came into the pit, did a normal stop till he pointed on something at his legs. Then he jumped out of the car. What was there?
- . -
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Well, what an opener!

Firstly congratulations to Hamilton. Drove a faultless race, never had to stretch himself.

Bad luck to Kovaleinen, thought he drove very well and didn't really get the reward he deserved.

Nice to see Heidfeld and Rosberg on the podium, solid drives by both of them.

And Bourdais drove a very good debut race, shame he didn't get the result he should have done.

But what about Alonso and Piquet? Were they even there? And the Ferrari duo were both disappointing. OK, so Raikkonen had to do a lot of catching up but he drove a pretty scrappy race, and Massa lived down to my expectations (I've never really rated him), although to be fair the accident with Coulthard wasn't his fault.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

HF wrote:
MäxX wrote: If Piquet doesn`t improve, I doubt we`ll see him very long in the F1. But it was his first race, and Alonso is very strong. Let`s see.
If he drives the next races like in this racee, he will be replaced in France with one of Renault's French testers.
Let's don't forget he was Hamiltons hardest opponent in the 2006 GP2-Series (114/102 points for Hamilton). I'm sure his performance will improve, but I see Renault in front of a very tough season.
MäxX wrote:For me Bourdais was the man of the race with that strong performance =D>
Greyhead wrote:And Bourdais drove a very good debut race, shame he didn't get the result he should have done.
Hmm, remembered me at Wurz last year had a solid pace and hold himself out of all trouble, but in contrast to the austrian the final luck was missing.
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Wow, there was a lot of stuff happening in this race... I didn't think there would be only seven cars finishing the race, but then again, it seemed to be mainly because of the accidents. It was interesting to see everything that happened, I think it shows a little about how easy it is to make mistakes with the cars now that traction control and the engine braking are gone.

Of course the track situation in Melbourne is kinda special, because there's very little paved runoff and the walls/barriers are awfully close to the track, so I imagine that as soon as we get back to the more modern, spacious permanent courses we won't have such extreme races like today... this seemed to rival Monaco 1996 in terms of how many cars didn't finish the race.

Instead of making more detailed comments, I'll just pull a few faces for now:
McLaren 8)
BMW :)
Williams :P
Renault :|
Ferrari #-o
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

AD wrote:Ferrari #-o
Dont forget the: :oops: :oops: :oops:
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
MaxD
GP2 Starter

Post by MaxD »

Great race at weekend!
As a brit, was glad for Lewis.
Pleased for Seb Bordais, unfortunate for Heikki.
But, guys, how pleasing was it to see Lewis and Nico hugging eachother and jumpin' up and down in sheer elation for eachother?!
Best thing I've seen in a long time. These young guns have really restored my faith in F1 and long may they continue to act like real human beings, not automatons - as we've been used to!
And for goodness sake Kimi - SMILE once in a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"There's nothing wrong with the car in front except that it's on fire!!!!!!!!!!!"
Murray Walker
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

MaxD wrote:And for goodness sake Kimi - SMILE once in a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, especially this weekend, that was extremely unlikely... :wink: