Changing fuel load...

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
Buttonfan
GP2 Starter

Changing fuel load...

Post by Buttonfan »

Is there any way I could get it back to pre-1994 with no re-fuelling and only tyre stops, as in an editor or patch or soething...
Thanks
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: Changing fuel load...

Post by rremedio »

Buttonfan wrote:Is there any way I could get it back to pre-1994 with no re-fuelling and only tyre stops, as in an editor or patch or soething...
Thanks
No, becouse the computer cars will always start the race with only enough fuel to go until the first stop and there's no way to change it.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

You can do it in track editor can't you? I think you can set the amount of pit stops that computer cars make with it. Unfortunately you have to do it for each individual circuit.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

But that doesn't distinguish between stopping for fuel and stopping for tires, does it? i.e., if you set it to zero, they wouldn't stop at all, and if you set it to one stop, they wouldn't just change tires then, but have fuel onboard for half the race... unless I'm mistaken, of course. :wink:
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

AD wrote:But that doesn't distinguish between stopping for fuel and stopping for tires, does it? i.e., if you set it to zero, they wouldn't stop at all, and if you set it to one stop, they wouldn't just change tires then, but have fuel onboard for half the race... unless I'm mistaken, of course. :wink:
You're right. You can make no stops at all, but if you make, they will change tyres and load fuel in every pitstop.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Buttonfan
GP2 Starter

Post by Buttonfan »

Yes, but I was wondering whether you could have a full-fuel load but still be able to stop for for tyres, like in the 80's and early 90's, but maybe that's not possible...
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Of course you as the player can do that - but I don't see how it could be easily done to get the computer controlled cars to do the same.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Ah yes, I forgot about the tyre changes. Mind you, before the turbo era they ran whole races without changing tyres.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!