THE FINAL ROUND: Brazil

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!

Who's going to be the 2007 F1 Champion?

Poll ended at 20.10.2007, 19:42

Alonso
27%
Hamilton
67%
Raikkonen
7%

Total votes: 15

rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: THE FINAL ROUND: Brazil

Post by rremedio »

=D> =D>
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

This was truly a crazy race, hard luck for Hamilton but it wasn`t his fault. Ferrari appeared as a strong team, if Alonso would suddenly have problems, fell back and blocked the BMW`s and Williams (maybe with a small collision) than McLaren would have still made it.

But Kimi truly deserves the title, I`m really happy with the outcome \:D/
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

AAS wrote:Kimi Raikkonen's world championship title for Ferrari is confirmed as there will be no penalty for BMW Sauber and Williams for fuel irregularities, meaning McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton cannot overtake him on points.
Read my post ahead...... Other teams like Spyker would have been penaltyed I think....
- . -
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

HF wrote:Other teams like Spyker would have been penaltyed I think....
Hehe, other driver like Liuzzi, Sutil, Webber, Barrichello or Fisichella or ............
would have been penaltyed ("Spygate") I think...
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

AAS wrote:
HF wrote:Other teams like Spyker would have been penaltyed I think....
Hehe, other driver like Liuzzi, Sutil, Webber, Barrichello or Fisichella or ............
would have been penaltyed ("Spygate") I think...
And the question is why they didn't in brasil....
- . -
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

Maybe they are happy that the cheater team lost everything :-k

:-" :-" :-"
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

It wasn't proofed that McLaren cheated but they got many penaltys. It is proofed that BMW and Willimas did cheated but they weren't penaltyed... There is something wrong I think....
- . -
mwi
GP2 Newbie

Post by mwi »

well maybe it's a little bit strange that williams and bmw got no penalty but mclaren didn't lose the worldchampionchip in brasilia. they lose it because they didn't act like a team the last few month.

cya
mwi
if you can't persuade somebody, try to confuse him.
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

HF wrote:It wasn't proofed that McLaren cheated but they got many penaltys. It is proofed that BMW and Willimas did cheated but they weren't penaltyed... There is something wrong I think....
It is proofed that BMW and Williams did cheated ? :-s
Proofs ? You have proofs ? You should send them to Ron Dennis.

Please read Hamilton's newest statements !
He does not want the title.
Not in this way.
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

mwi wrote:well maybe it's a little bit strange that williams and bmw got no penalty but mclaren didn't lose the worldchampionchip in brasilia. they lose it because they didn't act like a team the last few month.

cya
mwi
And because of the errors Hamilton made. (read Hamilton's newest statements)
And because Kimi Räikkönen drove like a champion.
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Hamliton slipt off his steering wheel, and pushed the wrong button which set the car in neutral.... :lol: :lol: :lol: What kind of mistake is that..... :-"
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

HF wrote:It wasn't proofed that McLaren cheated but they got many penaltys. It is proofed that BMW and Willimas did cheated but they weren't penaltyed... There is something wrong I think....
It's proved that the temperature levels of the fuel from BMW and Williams where too large, exactly 2 till 4 degrees centigrade to cold
The only problem is: The teams uses temperature data from Meteo-France, while the FIA and the Stewards use data about temperatures from an other weather station. That's where the problem is.... :roll:

McLaren is fighting the decision of the Stewards, and indirect fighting BMW and Williams. When they will be suspended from the race result, doesn't automatically gives Hamilton the points he deserves for place 4.
This can't be done because the race result of Brazil is already proven official 3 hours after the race, after BMW & Williams where not disqualified. :-s ........
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Of course McLaren tries to get the title that way, but I think the result will not be changed. If Interlagos would have been the first race, they would have been penalized but in that constellation I really doubt that...Do you remember Max Mosley during spygate? I think they won`t help McLaren here. Funny is a statement of Alonso "it would be a shame for me if Hamilton would get the title". I think they are great teammates :-k
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

TdK wrote:It's proved that the temperature levels of the fuel from BMW and Williams where too large, exactly 2 till 4 degrees centigrade to cold
The only problem is: The teams uses temperature data from Meteo-France, while the FIA and the Stewards use data about temperatures from an other weather station.
And also, the Stewards only had a a measurement/reading of the fuel temperature in the fuel rig, not when it was in the car itself. Technical Regulations state, however, "No fuel on board the car may be more than 10 degrees centigrade below ambient temperature."

So they don't even have direct proof the fuel was outside the 10 degrees tolerance when it actually was in the car. That obviously made it difficult to prove enough to be able to impose a penatly.

Under these conditions, I think it's unlikely McLaren's protest will lead to another outcome. And even if they would find hard evidence, the question still is whether they would just take away the points from the teams or whether they'd actually take away the drivers' points, too. We've had cases where teams were punished for fuel irregularities, but the drivers kept their points...
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Brazilian_Grand_Prix

After the Grand Prix, Schumacher and Coulthard were disqualified as fuel samples taken from their cars were deemed to be illegal by the FIA, and Gerhard Berger was declared the winner. The Benetton and Williams teams protested the decision, and both drivers were reinstated as it could not be proved that the fuel had given them any advantage. However, Benetton and Williams were stripped of their Constructors' Championship points.