Let's talk about......

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
HF
GP2 Star

Re: Let's talk about......

Post by HF »

Alonso and McLaren splitted the contract! :x
- . -
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Damn Henning, you just beat me to it! Apparently the smart money is on Rosberg going to McLaren next season, but that doesn't explain where Alonso would go. Perhaps Fisichella to Williams and Alonso to Renault?
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I'm going to stick my neck out and say who I think will be driving for who...

Ferrari: as we know, both Raikkonen and Massa are contracted till 2009 and 2010 respectively so no movement there.
BMW: Again, both Heidfeld and Kubica under contract.
Renault: I think Kovaleinen will be there, but as for Fisichella? I think he may find himself moved aside for Alonso.
Williams: Obviously Wurz has retired, and I think Rosberg will go to McLaren. Williams are a bit cash-strapped compared with other teams and the compensation they would receive for Rosberg would be pretty tempting... Anyway, perhaps Nakajima paired with an experienced old hand. Fisichella is my bet.
Red Bull: The temptation to land Alonso will be great but I can't see him going there. Webber / Coulthard again, perhaps with Coulthard taking on some management role at the end of the season.
Toyota: Trulli will stay I think, and I reckon BMW may loan Glock out to the team to evaluate him for 2009.
Toro Rosso: Bourdais / Vettel were confirmed long ago.
Honda: Should continue with Button / Barrichello, but I think whoever they choose as third driver (probably Mike Conway) may get a race or two.
Super Aguri: Hopefully continuing with Sato / Davidson.
Force India: i reckon they'll hang on to Sutil but for the other car they may try to get someone Indian. Narain Karthikeyan would be a good choice I think. The temptation to get Ralf Schumacher would be strong (and they can probably afford him now) but I think he'll go off to touring cars. Karun Chandhok (from GP2) is also a possibility but with so many F1-experienced drivers around it's going to be difficult for anyone to move up from another series unless they're exceptional.
McLaren: Hamilton will continue, partnered by Rosberg I think.
Prodrive: Will they even make it? If they do, then I'd say Gary Paffett and someone with experience, possibly de la Rosa. I can't see him sticking around at Mclaren too long.
Last edited by Greyhead on 03.11.2007, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Ferrari:
#1: Raikkönen
#2: Massa

Sauber BMW:
#3: Heidfeld
#4: Kubica

Renault:
#5: ???
#6: ???
Driver that could be there: Kovalainen/Fisichella; Fisichella/Alonso; Piquet/Kovalainen; Alonso/Piquet; Kovalainen/Piquet

Williams:
#7: Rosberg (if he doesn't go to McLaren)
#8: ???
Drivers that could be there: Fisichella, Schumacher, Piquet, Kovalainen, Liuzzi, Sato, Sutil

Red Bull:
#9: Coulthard
#10: Webber
Dreamcase: Alonso goes to them, Coulthard would be kicked (maybe to Wiliams, STR or to the managment)

Toyota:
#11: Trulli
#12: ???
Drivers that could be there: Alonso or Glock or both of them and Trulli would be kicked or Sutil

Toro Rosso:
#14: Vettel
#15: Bourdais

Honda:
#16: Button
#17: Barrichello (could be kicked and have to go to Super Aguri in exchange with Davidson)
Driver that could be there if Barrichello would be kicked: Davidson

Super Aguri:
#18: Sato (if he doesn't go to Williams)
#19: Davidson (could go to Honda if Barrichello comes to Aguri)
Other drivers: Rossiter

Fore India (former Spyker):
#20: Sutil (if he does'n go to a bigger team)
#21: ???
Drivers that could be there: An Indian (maybe Karthikeyan), Schumacher, Nakajima or a huge amount of GP2-Drivers or F1-Testdrivers

Prodrive (if they could take part)
#22: ???
#23: ???
Drivers that coud be there...
... if it is a McLaren B-Team: Paffet and de la Rosa
... if it is a Renault B-Team: Piquet and Zonta
or someone of the huge amount of GP2-Drivers or F1-Testdrivers

McLaren:
#24: Hamilton
#25: ???
Drivers that could be there: Rosberg, Sutil, de la Rosa or Paffet
- . -
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I think the main problem with guessing who'll fill the empty seats is that there seems to be such a depth of talent knocking around at the moment. A number of drivers from GP2, Champ Cars, IRL, FNippon, A1GP, even F3 are all potentially good F1 drivers, plus there's still a lot of drivers around with F1 experience without drives. A quick list: Timo Glock, Ralf Schumacher, Fernando Alonso, Narain Karthikeyan, Markus Winkelhock, Sakon Yamamoto, Tiago Monteiro, Pedro de la Rosa, Giorgio Pantano, Franck Montagny, Ralph Firman, Kazuki Nakajima... OK, so not all of these are scouting around for F1 drives but it just shows how difficult it's going to be to get a seat. Then there's all the drivers who haven't been in F1 yet: Robbie Kerr, Oliver Jarvis, Mike Conway, Karun Chandhok, Bruno Senna, Nelson Angelo Piquet, Lucas di Grassi, Sebastien Buemi, Michael Ammermuller, Andy Zuber, Adrian Zaugg, Adam Carroll, Javier Villa, Nicolas Lapierre...
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Apparently there's a rumour that Fernando Alonso has asked Toyota to consider hiring Ross Brawn... And apparently Alonso himself has had talks with Toyota, according to Jarno Trulli.
Also Renault have apparently made Alonso an offer, but Alonso only wants a one-year deal, Renault obviously want him to sign for longer.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Here in germany there's written that Toyota offered Timo Glock a seat for the next 3 years. I would like to know if that's in the motor-press in the UK or the Netherlands as well!?
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

V12-Power wrote:Here in germany there's written that Toyota offered Timo Glock a seat for the next 3 years. I would like to know if that's in the motor-press in the UK or the Netherlands as well!?
In Dutch media there is said that Glock will drive for Toyota next year, but BMW says that Glock has a contract for 2008 that he's most hold on to. So, another diffecult situation. I would like to see him driving around next year! :D
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

All it's said over here in the UK is that BMW have said they have a contract with Glock. Interesting quote from Hamilton in an interview today regarding who will be his team mate in 2008:

"I think Nick Heidfeld has already been signed to BMW, so I think there's Nico [Rosberg], Adrian Sutil, [Heikki Kovalainen] - so one of those three, and I haven't really guessed which one of those three."

Adrian Sutil? I'd never really considered him but the more I think about it the more it makes sense... He's in a long contract with Spyker but will that still apply now they aren't Spyker any more? He'd be cheap (more of a consideration now as McLaren have that fine to pay, and I bet Banco Santander aren't too happy with Alonso going), he's the right nationality for Mercedes, there'd be none of the tension between team-mates that Hamilton and Alonso had, and he's bloody quick too.
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Greyhead wrote:"I think Nick Heidfeld has already been signed to BMW, so I think there's Nico [Rosberg], Adrian Sutil, [Heikki Kovalainen] - so one of those three, and I haven't really guessed which one of those three."
He wants Heidfeld? :shock: WOW, never thought about that but would be nice I think. Nick showed us time to time how good he can handle a well car.....
Adrian Sutil? I'd never really considered him but the more I think about it the more it makes sense... He's in a long contract with Spyker but will that still apply now they aren't Spyker any more? He'd be cheap (more of a consideration now as McLaren have that fine to pay, and I bet Banco Santander aren't too happy with Alonso going), he's the right nationality for Mercedes, there'd be none of the tension between team-mates that Hamilton and Alonso had, and he's bloody quick too.
I think Sutil has an option in his contract that he could left Spyker for a bigger team if he wants....
- . -
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

If Williams doesn't give Rosberg the green light, the most likely driver is Adrian Sutil, believe it or not.
If Sutil leaves FI F1, you'll probably see Rodriguez and Schumacher racing there.
At least this is what I think will happen.

Let's see if Toyota can really get Glock in the car, if not, who'll be racing for them instead?
Sutil, Kovalainen, Piquet?
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

DJS wrote:FI F1
This looks like sh*t in my eyes.... 8-[
Let's see if Toyota can really get Glock in the car, if not, who'll be racing for them instead?
Sutil, Kovalainen, Piquet?
I think Kovalainen if Alonso goes to renault and wants Fisico by his side, otherwise I think there will be a driver of Toyotas talent program..... :-s
- . -
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
mwi
GP2 Newbie

Post by mwi »

nope!
remember button vs. williams :wink:

but which drivers could drive for mclaren?

sutil (possible but i can't believe)
any dtm driver (i hope not)
m. schumacher ( :shock: ) nope!
rosberg (see top)
heidfeld (has a contract with bmw, but why not, he's a former mclaren driver)
kovalainen (possible if alonso goes to renault)
de la rose (to slow)
monteiro (can't imagine. he will drive wtcc next year)
any champcar or irl driver (nope there's nobody who is fast or young enough (well, tracy in the f1 would bring a lot of fun))

cya
mwi
if you can't persuade somebody, try to confuse him.
Edgars Erix
GP2 Gamer

Post by Edgars Erix »

mwi wrote:any champcar or irl driver (nope there's nobody who is fast or young enough (well, tracy in the f1 would bring a lot of fun))

cya
mwi
Don't forget Marco Andretti for the future. In some years he will be in F1 for sure 8)