R.I.P - Colin McRae

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

R.I.P - Colin McRae

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

August 5, 1968 - 15 September, 2007

In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Re: R.I.P - Colin McRae

Post by Greyhead »

I were stunned when I heard about this yesterday. As well as the obvious loss, what a blow for British rallying - both British WRC champions gone way before their time. It's been good to read all the things said about it already by fellow drivers: he really was well-liked as well as being a hell of a driver.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Sadly, his 5 year old son died in the helicopter crash too....

R.I.P. you both.... :cry:
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

As an adjunct to this, McRae's former boss David Richards flew back early from Spa in his helicopter after hearing about the crash, and crashed himself... very weird! It was nice to see Valentino Rossi's little tribute to McRae before the MotoGP race this afternoon. He held up a little card to the camera during the grid walk that said "Colin, we'll miss you", then dedicated his win to him. When stuff like this happens it's always good to see how the whole motorsport community kind of pulls together, especially after all the crap that's been happening lately.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Very sad news. One great sportsman has gone from us. I'm very sorry for his wife and daugter. They lost husband and son respective father and brother. That must be unbelieveable hard. Not to forget the 2 others how lost lifes in this crash, my condolences go also to their families. :cry:
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
Edgars Erix
GP2 Gamer

Post by Edgars Erix »

That's life... Cruel sometimes, but it's beyond our influence.
God gives and God takes.
R.I.P.
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Sad news. I really don't know what else to write. :cry:
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..