F1 - Silly season

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
HF
GP2 Star

F1 - Silly season

Post by HF »

Nowadays is the "Silly Season". We all know what we'll read in the next 3 weeks. Many rumors about driver signing a contract for 2008 or not and all the other rumors.

Because I'm bored I'm going to collect some rumors and refresh the F1-part in this community.

1) Hamilton vs. Alsonso

We all remember the scene in Hungary: Alonso take round about 30 seconds standing in the pit lane on the McLaren place. This 30 seconds made Hamilton loosing the time he needed to be able to race a whole lap to get able to race a "hot lap" for the pole (What a sentences... I'm a little bit tired xD).
Stupid FIA thought that they have to exhibit and judge that Alonso starts from P5 and that McLaren won't earn any constructors-points. In a way understandable but in the other way not!
[ Due to this Hamilton should said "Fuck you" to Ron Dennis but he and the team already deneyed those statements by the press. ]
Alonso should have said that McLaren should decide for him OR Hamilton. This means that he will left the team if they'll hold Hamilton for 2008. The press sais since month that Alonso is not happy with the situation in the team because of the nationality of the team and Hamilton which is the same.

What do you think is truth and what is stuff from the silly season?
- . -
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

I Think Alonso is going back to Renault, why;

He likes it there, which can't be said for McLaren, Renault want him, they want to pay more, and most off all, Renault has not made their driver choise for 2008 yet.... :wink:

We will see. Other new thing. Bourdais is going to drive along Vettel in 2008 for Toro Rosso. This means exit Liuzzi.... 8)
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
Coloni
GP2 Starter

Post by Coloni »

Liuzzi hasn't been that impressive, I'm not surprised. But that whole Red Bull-driver program doesn't really work, does it? And why not Doornbos instead of Bourdais?
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Coloni wrote:And why not Doornbos instead of Bourdais?
Because Doornbos is a Red Bull driver, and no Toro Rosso driver anymore, so he will be the replacement of Webber/Coulthard someday...
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!