Round 9 - France

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
HF
GP2 Star

Round 9 - France

Post by HF »

Who developed this new aroe-pack? :lol:
- . -
TdK
GP2 Pro

Re: Round 9 - France

Post by TdK »

HF wrote:Who developed this new aroe-pack? :lol:
Euhh, a guy called Albers.... :wink: :lol: The stupid ... ](*,)
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

What do you (all of you) think, will Albers end the season or will he be replaced? His performance is a desaster and the pitstop in Magny-Cours was the climax of it.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

I think he will be replaced. Yes, he has some sponsors but they won't help him.....
- . -
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Basically his position depends on how long his sponsors are willing to fund him... I read somewhere this week that Jos Verstappen may test for the team but not race, which seems quite pointless to me. I'd like to see one of their many test drivers given a chance, Giedo van der Garde or Markus Winkelhock for instance, but I guess the team wouldn't fancy running two rookies when it really needs experience. I liked Albers in the DTM but he just seems to have lost his way in F1 a bit.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

I have typed a whole story, but it seems that I can't post it.
The forum is acting a bit strange, but anyway I'll try again.

Christijan is facing a lot of pressure and it's more than he can cope with.
The pressure comes from the team, the media and the fans.
They all expect more than he can deliver, but the question is who is to blame, is it Chris or the car?

The answer is (simply) the car, it's just worse and the monocoque is about 1,5 or 2 years old. What can you expect of a package like that?
In one of the sessions, he came in at 2,5 seconds from the frontrunner, that is a big achievement, but nobody looks at it like this it seems, because he was still 21st.

And about Sutil being quicker, look at Hamilton he is faster than 2 times worldchampion Alonso. Do you hear McLaren whining about it?

I think everybody, also the people of Spyker themselves, should give Christijan more support, instead of burning down to the ground.
He is doing a very, very fine job for the material he has to work with.
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

DJS wrote:He is doing a very, very fine job for the material he has to work with.
Not to offend you but:

Everytime something goes wrong with Albers he has some stupid, silly excuse. Like today in qualifying. He planned to make 3 runs, but it became 2, because of a Race Control weight check, now he coudn't drive a 3rd run.

Some quotes of C. Albers:
"The check always happens more to me, while it's a random cause" and also he says: "this morning i drove a 1.22.180", if he drove that in qualifying he's still last....

As you might noticed, i don't like him. But they (Spyker etc.) certainly don't need to burn him into the ground as DJS said...
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

Well, I don't know Christijan personally and I'm not a fan of him either.
So I take no offence of your post.

Some people who know him better than I, have told me that he can act pretty strange and I remember him talking about himself in 3rd person in an interview. (So him acting strange is confirmed. :wink: )
All in all, I don't like him, but I don't dislike him. (the same goes for Jos Verstappen, both are/were driver of teams I collect 8) )

But after seeing him treated badly by dozens of people, wether team, media or fans, I feel I have to defend him.
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

He's not a bad driver. Certainly he's no Taki Inoue! It's just that in these times of rookies jumping straight into an F1 car and being quick (Kubica, Hamilton, Sutil, Vettel etc) it can make him look a bit... ordinary. Basically these days it's not enough to be a solid but unspectacular driver, unless you've got experience on your side (eg Coulthard, R Schumacher), although he is still very capable.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

DJS wrote:But after seeing him treated badly by dozens of people, wether team, media or fans, I feel I have to defend him.
I agree, they just need to support him more. Maybe than it will get better. And maybe the new car (B-version) will be more suited to him, and than he can show us why he is in Formula 1.
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

lwb5829y wrote:[SPAM]
Seems like that this SPAM bump was incidentelly at the right place for last weekends race->
HF wrote:Image
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

well, the colours don't really differ, do they? :wink:
- . -
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Interesting coincidence... not really plausible as an aerodynamic device, though. :mrgreen:
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

:lol: :lol:
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project