Monaco GP 2007

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
Petrus
GP2 Starter

Monaco GP 2007

Post by Petrus »

All McLaren front row. Alonso beats Hamilton for pole. Raikkonen and Coulthard screwed up their qualifying.
Any predictions for the race?
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I'd like to see Rosberg stick the Williams on the podium but somehow I can't see it happening. It'd be nice if Webber could get some points on the board too now he's managed to get a good qualifying position for the first time this season. But for the win it's hard to see past Alonso.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Petrus
GP2 Starter

Post by Petrus »

A wet race would be very interesting. We may see a surprise result. Remember 1996?
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I guess it will be rather than 1997 then, because I'm sure one of the favorites will win! My tip is Hamilton, he is a bit faster than Alonso this weekend and if he didn't brake a bit too late in the Loews Hairpin he would have conquered the pole position (I think).
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

I hope for a wetrace as well.
During the Porsche race this morning it was dry, but you never know what happens this afternoon....
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I checked several weather reports in the internet and all say that the sun will shine with some clouds. Though there is a high humidness there seems to be no chance for rain.

So I guess it will be a boring race. But we can be happy for the rich "Jetset-people" who attend the race, they have nice weather and if the racing is interesting or not doesn't interest them anyway. :roll:
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Well at least one of my predictions came true... nice race by the BMW's, thought Kubica did well. Scott Speed did quite well too, didn't score any points but he drove strongly with no errors (for once)
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I think Heidfeld was again the better one, while Kubica lost some places at the start Heidfeld won 2 positions. During the race Kubica just had more luck with his strategy and the traffic. As many other drivers today, too.

If Rosberg wouldn't have lost the start against Heidfeld he would have finished on 4 I think, while Wurz had luck and scored 2 points.

All in all a terrible boring race, thanks to the weather god who send the sun. :twisted: I think it was the most boring Monaco race of the last 5 years. :roll:
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

i thought the battle between Alonso and Hamilton was pretty exciting but I suppose with me being British it had that partisan element for me. It showed that you only need two cars to make a race. I can see how it would be boring for everyone else though!
Petrus
GP2 Starter

Post by Petrus »

Well, it wasn't an action packed race, but we had two shunts in the race.
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Simply said; Boring race... :cry: :( :x
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

That was not the most exciting race of the season by far, but I think it should be widely known how overtaking "works" in Monaco.

I was surprised at how little stuff happened through the race, Liuzzi and Sutil being the only drivers (to my knowledge) that had to exit because of a mistake and a crash.

Apparently, certain teams had a strategy built after a more chaotic race like last year. At least BMW's Dr. Mario Theissen mentioned something like that in the post-race interview.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

It's time for the FIA to remove all winglets/wing things from all cars.
Just a front and rearwing will do (and slicks). 8)
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

I wasn't able to watch the race. I read some reports and what I can say it that the race was boring. McLaren seems to grow like a force Ferrari was in the last 10 years exept the two last ones....

I really wanted that there will be some rain in Monaco. I camped and there was too much rain. Why were the clouds in Germany and not in France/Monaco?!? :lol:
- . -
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I agree with DJS - the winglets and such mess up the airflow completely, so you just can't pass unless you have a clear car advantage, and they look bloody hideous as well. Personally I'd like to see 1970's-style cars with single-element wings and big tyres. Having big tyres would automatically swap aero grip for "mechanical" grip (that is from the tyres) and this would be further helped by the big tyres having more drag, so the cars would need to run low wing levels to make up for it! Hey presto - instant swap to mechanical grip rather than relying on aero, and all that drag would help cars behind get a cleaner slipstream. Pretty simplistic I know, but the basic principles are all there.