DTM season 2007

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
HF
GP2 Star

DTM season 2007

Post by HF »

I just watched the first race of the DTM season 2007 on the Hockenheim circuit and it was sportful entertaining.
In the first lap there was a horror crash by Tom Kristensen, Alex Permat, Susie Stoddart and Adam Carrol. There you saw how safty the todays motorsport is.

Amazing was Resta 'till his last pit-stop. Incredible how fast he was.
Häkkinen, I crosed my thumbs for, and schneider disappointed.
- . -
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Don't get to see it over here, but I'm looking for something online with it...
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
Petrus
GP2 Starter

Post by Petrus »

I saw the crash. Looked really horrifying, but the drivers are OK I heard.
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Found it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZEGKFhG40E

Didn't look as bad as I had been reading, but I guess the smoke takes some of the contact viewing away. Doesn't help when I can't understand the commentators too! lol.
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Moony, take a look on Motors TV (Sky channel 413), they're showing the whole season live.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Greyhead wrote:Moony, take a look on Motors TV (Sky channel 413), they're showing the whole season live.
Dan, thanks, but did it cross your mind I haven't got Sky??? lol.

I have VM, and it's not available on there.
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Was a hard crash, didn't seen it live... but who let a woman in that motorsport, than you ask for such things.... LOL :lol: :lol:

allthough it was a guy who spon.... :roll: :wink:
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Well, since the Audi driver who crashed into Kristensen also was not a woman (at least not to my knowledge), I think it didn't directly have anything to do with that. ;-)

By the way, I didn't get to see the race because I was nowhere near a television yesterday...
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

AD wrote:By the way, I didn't get to see the race because I was nowhere near a television yesterday...
A pity! :wink:
The race was well exept this crash. I enjoyed it! There you can see "hard" overtakes etc. F1 has to do it like this! :roll:
- . -
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

You haven't got Sky Moony? How do you survive? :lol:

Virgin want to get their argument with Sky sorted out pronto, you're missing out on untold motorsport riches... ESPN Classic has some gems on. Last wekkend they had the 1973 British GP on (the one where Scheckter attempts to take out half the grid), and on other channels there was Champ Cars, Moto GP, Superbikes, IRL, DTM, LMS...
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Well even if VM was to sort their argument out, i really doubt we'd get that. We have to pa yfor extra stuff like that on their ow nas they aren't Sky Stations. VM is all under our floor boards now too, so maybe it's not up to me to change it...
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

As Touring Car should look :

The modern DTM ? DTM is not touring car sport. I do not like the series.
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

BTCC isn't too far off that. Just road cars modified for racing. I'm going to Donington so should be able to get some pics!
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

Moonrakerâ„¢ wrote:......Just road cars modified for racing. ..

Yes that is real touring car sport !!!!!
BTCC, STCC, WTCC, DTC :D

Unfortunately there is no German touring car series :(
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Yeah, STCC was heavily based upon BTCC as BTCC was popular in Sweden.

Thing is, only recently have they got more international drivers. BTCC has any nationalities in there, and not being biased, we have some great circuits too.

I do agree that DTM is like an "Extreme Touring car" style. Maybe it should globalise itself as a exactly that. and then winners of WTCC can try the ETCC (Extreme Touring Car Championship) or TCMC (Touring Car Masters Championship) or FT / FTC (Formula Touring Car / Formula Touring).

lol.

I went mad then!