Round 2 - The official Malaysian GP thread

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Round 2 - The official Malaysian GP thread

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Coming straight from Sepang it's qualifying soon... again in the early hours (7am start here), but still.. looking forward to it!

To keep us up to date, here's the Friday free practice (session 2) times:

1. MASSA Ferrari 1m35.780s
2. FISICHELLA Renault 1m35.910s
3. KOVALAINEN Renault 1m36.106s
4. RAIKKONEN Ferrari 1m36.160s
5. ROSBERG Williams 1m36.523s
6. WURZ Williams 1m36.621s
7. KUBICA BMW 1m36.717s
8. SCHUMACHER Toyota 1m36.760s
9. HAMILTON McLaren 1m36.797s
10. HEIDFELD BMW 1m36.862s
11. WEBBER Red Bull 1m36.906s
12. ALONSO McLaren 1m37.041s
13. COULTHARD Red Bull 1m37.203s
14. SATO Super Aguri 1m37.282s
15. BUTTON Honda 1m37.578s
16. TRULLI Toyota 1m37.712s
17. LIUZZI Toro Rosso 1m37.855s
18. DAVIDSON Super Aguri 1m38.334s
19. SUTIL Spyker 1m38.419s
20. SPEED Toro Rosso 1m38.650s
21. BARRICHELLO Honda 1m38.713s
22. ALBERS Spyker 1m39.807s
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Cool, Massa on pole!! The right man at the right position. I have to say he's my favourite this season, the developement he made since his debut is just amazing and makes him very sympathic. I hope he'll lead the championship after some of the next races.

What's also great is that 3 out of 4 german drivers got into the Top10-qualifying. Especially Nico Rosberg did a great job I think. In my eyes he would be a good replacement for Barrichello (he already said he will end his career after this season) or for RS at Toyota. The doors to the real top teams seem to be closed somehow, as BMW has Vettel, Renault (if you still want to count them in) has Piquet and the Ferrari and McLaren have young drivers... :roll: Anyway, BMW and Rosberg world champion, that would be a fine thing for 200x. ;-)

And I wonder if DC will ever win a qualifying against Mark Webber...

Let's hope for a good race and maybe some rain.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Some rain? A monsoon-like-shower would be great :wink:
a race like in Brazil one or two years ago... The winner should be Sutil on Spyker before Davidson :lol: :wink:

It's also nice to see that Mclaren seems to be much more stronger and could beat sh**-strong Ferrari (I'll ever think about MSC hearing the name Ferrari.... That upsets me 'cause of the known problem... :P )

And Rosbergs 6th place (?) is also nice. We only could cross our thumbs for Williams that they will do a better car this year.....
- . -
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

I think Honda is just an emarresment this year. I think Button is wasted tehre you know. I'm a firm believe that a true driver will go around seeking new challenges, agreed, he's not exactly done anything "special" with them, but hell, neither has Heidfeld and he's been around a bit and look at what he is accomplishing now. I seriously think he could do well if BMW continue their upheaval into next year.

Ted Kravitz got it right (Pitman for ITV) when he asked Nick Fry about the reason the Honda wasn't any good so far this year, Nick Fry replied "It looks like we'll be going forward with plans do develop a completely new car for Europe". To which Kravitz replied "Well the car being slow wouldn't have anythign to do with a department Geoffrey Willis was particularily good in would it?"

lol. Legend.

Fry just said "We have more issues than that and that (insert Japanese name here) was doing a perfectly good job". - BULLSHIT!

I'm looking forward to the rase. And forget Vettel, I want to see Nicolas Hülkenberg testing now!!!

V12-Power wrote:the developement he made since his debut is just amazing and makes him very sympathic.

Sympathtic to what?
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Results:
    1 F. Alonso McLaren / Mercedes B 1:32:14.930 0
    2 L. Hamilton McLaren / Mercedes B + 17.5 0
    3 K. Räikkönen Ferrari / Ferrari B + 18.3 0
    4 N. Heidfeld BMW Sauber / BMW B + 33.7 0
    5 F. Massa Ferrari / Ferrari B + 36.7 0
    6 G. Fisichella Renault / Renault B + 1:05.6 0
    7 J. Trulli Toyota / Toyota B + 1:10.1 0
    8 H. Kovalainen Renault / Renault B + 1:12.0 0
    9 A. Wurz Williams / Toyota B + 1:29.9 0
    10 M. Webber Red Bull Racing / Renault B + 1:33.5 0
    11 R. Barrichello Honda Racing / Honda B + 1 Runde 0
    12 J. Button Honda Racing / Honda B + 1 Runde 0
    13 T. Sato Super Aguri F1 / Honda B + 1 Runde 0
    14 S. Speed Scuderia Toro Rosso / Ferrari B + 1 Runde 0
    15 R. Schumacher Toyota / Toyota B + 1 Runde 0
    16 A. Davidson Super Aguri F1 / Honda B + 1 Runde 0
    17 V. Liuzzi Scuderia Toro Rosso / Ferrari B + 1 Runde 0
    18 R. Kubica BMW Sauber / BMW B + 1 Runde 0

The race was great! I really enjoyed it after 8 hours in the church (eastern :wink: ). It started well with the overtooks of the McLarens at the start went over well fighting Hamilton and ended well with the McLaren doublewin.
It's f***ng bad that Rosbergs engine went off :evil:
- . -
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

That was really an enjoyable race. 8)

It seems Hamilton has a soft tooth for trying crazy things at the start. Unlike certain other classic drivers until now it seems to work flawlessly for him and he managed not to have contact with anyone. Impressive, and like I said some time ago, I wonder if secretly without admitting it to the press Jenson Button is a bit upset about that...

And... eight hours in the church, HF? Did you prepare, perform or something, or did your community want to combine Easter with setting a Guiness book record? :wink:
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

AD wrote:And... eight hours in the church, HF? Did you prepare, perform or something, or did your community want to combine Easter with setting a Guiness book record? :wink:

There was a night with and about Jesus. Somthing like a guard of honour wake. It was managed by my parents and I helped them. :wink: :roll:
- . -
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Bloody awesome race. Alonso was very thankful to Hamilton doing a great job and a perfect job for a #2 driver.

Elsewhere, I really think that Massa has shown he is a bag of shit compared to all the other "title contenders". He makes "rookie" mistakes, and just has no fight.

Can you imagine Schumacher making that mistake? God knows I'm not Schumacher's greatest fan, but even if he had of made that mistake, he would not have been left sitting in 5th place. Especially with the speed of the Ferrari's. In fact, not just Schumacher. Even Raikkonen would have faught back more than Massa did. I'm sorry, but I'm sold on not rating Massa as a great driver.

I feel so sorry for Rosberg. He had a great GP. I think he will be retained already for Williams for next year (as I don't see him going anywhere else), and with Fisichella falling out with Renault (so it seems) either that opens up Fissi to Williams, or Fissi to Torro Rosso, allowing a 2nd seat at Williams in 2008. I really think this will be the last season we will see Wurz in a F1 car on race day in a proper race seat.

Needless to say, Rosberg, is a definite #1 for Williams right now. I know he was told to go to "setting 4" for his engine, whether he listened or not I don't know, but either way, he had a great GP.

Heidfeld was strong again. WHEN WILL BMW REALISE TO FUCK KUBICA OFF AND GET VETTEL IN! - Then Hülkenberg up to a test driver. - All Germans I know, but hey BMW love German related things as they're German themselves and they don't seem to care about global sponsors (which is good!) or who's the better driver - But I don't like how Mario Thiessen stated that he wanted a German driver in the Williams when they were with BMW. I think a driver should be given a chance on merit (i.e. Hamilton / Kovalainen / Davidson - for testing so much!).

Luckily, I've always not minded Heidfeld as he can be good on his day, and Vettel seems decent and everyone knows I like Nicolas Hülkenberg!

Shocking to see the Honda's are so crap. I really think Button will never recover from this, and well, we alreday know Barrichello is giving up F1 after this year, don't we!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

HF wrote:
AD wrote:And... eight hours in the church, HF? Did you prepare, perform or something, or did your community want to combine Easter with setting a Guiness book record? :wink:

There was a night with and about Jesus. Somthing like a guard of honour wake. It was managed by my parents and I helped them. :wink: :roll:
That sounds pretty impressive... and I don't mean to make fun of that... :)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
Chico Landi
GP2 Starter

Post by Chico Landi »

Massa.... :cry:

Now, Alonso, Hamilton and Raikkonen are the BEST, and maybe, someone will be Champion.... :(
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Moonrakerâ„¢ wrote:Elsewhere, I really think that Massa has shown he is a bag of shit compared to all the other "title contenders". He makes "rookie" mistakes, and just has no fight.

Yes, he gave very bad credits on his name.

One thing which was bad: The "local" direction didn't show the replay of Sutils accident. You saw it 2 times: when it acctual happened and when there was Buttons onboard. :evil:
- . -
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

It was just another great Sutil "spack-attack". There's feeling in this morning's papers that he may go the same way as Yuji Ide did...

It started well with the overtooks of the McLarens at the start went over well fighting Hamilton and ended well with the McLaren doublewin.

Overtooks is not a word. It's understandable what you are saying, but it doesn't make sense if you get me.

What you would say is "It started well with the overtakes by the McLaren's and Hamilton's fighting. It ended well with the 1-2 finish for them too." (of course, you could write it many more ways, but that makes sense)
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I'd already forgot about Yuji Ide... Just shows you that if you're not successful nobody will remember you. Maybe another Taki Inoue on our hands in Adrian Sutil...
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Hmm, Sutil said:
I made a good start and got past many cars in first corner and was right behind Button. Under braking for the fourth corner something snapped at the back and I lost control.
so to me it actually doesn't seem that he made a mistake. There maybe bigger talents, but he deserved a chance in F1 I think. But when I look back at Melbourne I can understand you... a collision and 2 penalties (even if one was not justified) can make one remember Yuji Ide. :lol
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

At least Ide had the good grace to accept he wasn't ready and hasn't attempted a comeback. Unlike some in the past (Ricardo Rosset anyone?)
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!