Who for McLaren?????

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Who for McLaren?????

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

WOAH! Just seen this! Their updated helmets were leaked!

lol. Just something I had a laugh with the other day with AD.

Last edited by Moonrakerâ„¢ on 13.03.2012, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

:lol:
That'S the way GP4 goes.....
- . -
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

We're using this style for GP2 helmets in GPRL.

We were going to use pictures of the drivers (from SMGP and a few other games), but have decided to only put them on the website in the driver's page!
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Wow!! I just copied a screenshot of your helmets into a GP2-menu-helmet-bitmap and though it's colour-palette is very limited the helmets looked damn good! I think the idea is great! :!:
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

V12-Power wrote:Wow!! I just copied a screenshot of your helmets into a GP2-menu-helmet-bitmap and though it's colour-palette is very limited the helmets looked damn good! I think the idea is great! :!:

Yup it is indeed :D

We're going with the 3D shape (bottom right one).

AD has designed 2 helmets already for the 2 swedish drivers, one based ona GP2 in game design I did, and one of pure inpiration. Both look awesome!

Except he hasn't been online for a while, so I'm a fair bit of work on my own not knowing what he is doing. It's moving slowly too. We get so much done working together on stuff, or knowing what each other is doing.

GPRL should be go for sometime next month though!

I wrote what was a quick blog for me, when I reviewed it in hindsight, it was HUGE! A plentiful read! - But it only took me about 20/30 mins to write.
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Well idea... So you can make more detailed... the problem: you need to paint well helmets for GP4 :?
- . -
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

HF wrote:Well idea... So you can make more detailed... the problem: you need to paint well helmets for GP4 :?

I'm confused by that Henning. I understand you meant "good idea" as well idea doesn't make sense.

"So you can make more detail" - You mean it's so we can get more detail into GP2?

and the last part, I don't understand what you are saying about GP4.
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Moonrakerâ„¢ wrote:
HF wrote:Well idea... So you can make more detailed... the problem: you need to paint well helmets for GP4 :?

I'm confused by that Henning. I understand you meant "good idea" as well idea doesn't make sense.

"So you can make more detail" - You mean it's so we can get more detail into GP2?

and the last part, I don't understand what you are saying about GP4.

Ok, thats my "bad-one-minute-english" :wink: [Sorry Mr. Wilkens (english teacher for 3 years now)]

I meant that the idea of combining the "next generation" (GP4) with the old one (GP2) is good. I didn't meant that it doesn't make sense.
Just simply that your amount of work, you have to do for a ready set, grows up very fast. The way of the EDJVS team to make the menu helmets is much more easier than painting a detailed GP4 helmet and resize a scr of it for a GP2 menu art.
Could that erase your confusion? :wink:

Modding GP4 is a lot of work. It takes so much time. Unbelievable....
- . -
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

HF wrote:I meant that the idea of combining the "next generation" (GP4) with the old one (GP2) is good.

We didn't see it like that, we just did it as it "looked" better by chance. Zmodeler for me isn't anything to do with GP4 as I just don't patch it! I just love making random helmets! :D

HF wrote:I didn't meant that it doesn't make sense. Just simply that your amount of work, you have to do for a ready set, grows up very fast.

Yes, it does grow! Especially the whole idea behind GPRL. The season is building though, we have some new teams coming in with some unique liveries! (Talking about that HF... SUBMIT A CAR FOR THE GPRL COMPETITION! We've had 2 so far, but need more!)

HF wrote:The way of the EDJVS team to make the menu helmets is much more easier than painting a detailed GP4 helmet and resize a scr of it for a GP2 menu art.

EDJVS? How did they do them? and it's not hard at all. It's easier to design the helmet than do a menu helmet the normal way, and also, once it's done, it takes AD only a few minutes to convert it to ingame as well!

Modding GP4 is a lot of werk. It takes so much time. Unbelievable....

Yeah! - I only did my own car once and never again! - If I was dedicated maybe, but GP2 is just too nostalgic for me!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Moonrakerâ„¢ wrote:

Yeah! - I only did my own car once and never again! - If I was dedicated maybe, but GP2 is just too nostalgic for me!

Than go to GP3. This game isn't so worse like GP2 but not so good as GP4 :lol:

BTW: At the moment I'm not working on a car because I need time for my own cars. (there are 3+7 I already finished but the Honda waits :wink: ). But there is an idea in my mind... I had a wonderful green car in my "older" days (don't know if I can say it) , too.
- . -
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

HF wrote:
Moonrakerâ„¢ wrote:

BTW: At the moment I'm not working on a car because I need time for my own cars. (there are 3+7 I already finished but the Honda waits :wink: ). But there is an idea in my mind... I had a wonderful green car in my "older" days (don't know if I can say it) , too.

Nah, if anything it would be GP4, but I'm not working on GP2 just cos I can't be bothered, I love GP2 too much! - and you could always modify that green car! ;)
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Moonrakerâ„¢ wrote:
HF wrote:
Moonrakerâ„¢ wrote:

Nah, if anything it would be GP4, but I'm not working on GP2 just cos I can't be bothered, I love GP2 too much! - and yo
I'm looking for it but can't find it u could always modify that green car! ;)

I can't find it on my HD :evil:
I hope I didn't erased it......

EDIT: To end the story: Finally I found the car in an old set I relased..... awefull stuff I made some time ago :wink:
http://hfgp2.hf.funpic.de/---/c-racer.BMP
- . -
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

HF wrote:
Moonrakerâ„¢ wrote:
HF wrote:
Moonrakerâ„¢ wrote:

Nah, if anything it would be GP4, but I'm not working on GP2 just cos I can't be bothered, I love GP2 too much! - and yo
I'm looking for it but can't find it u could always modify that green car! ;)

I can't find it on my HD :evil:
I hope I didn't erased it......

EDIT: To end the story: Finally I found the car in an old set I relased..... awefull stuff I made some time ago :wink:
http://hfgp2.hf.funpic.de/---/c-racer.BMP

lol.

There ya go! Upgrade that slightly to the GPRL spec and send it to me or AD! It's a nice design and "dark green" too that is. I can't make out the main logo on the hood though!

Ones we have now are nice, very nice, no matter how basic they are as they can be "tarted up" for the series. I think FK is gonna knock something up too!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

FK will kill us other patchers :lol: :wink:
- . -
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

HF wrote:FK will kill us other patchers :lol: :wink:

lol. Not really. It's like we said, it's the deisign we're looking for. We can add shading ourselves, and of course, we'll add sponsors later on if Rygell announce any more!