The 2007 drivers (helmets and pictures)

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
HF
GP2 Star

The 2007 drivers (helmets and pictures)

Post by HF »

And here are some pictures of some of the new helmets....

Looks nice, Mercedes style :wink:

looks close to last years helmet

Ans something that went wrong: :wink:

The new hard Webber? :roll:
- . -
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

No, he's saying F*ck You to Williams!!! :D

Did you know that:
Alonso, Kovalainen, Massa, Albers, Raikkonen, Rosberg, Sutil and Heidfeld also have (slightly) different helmets than last year??? :?: :twisted:
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

It took me a while to work out that it was Trulli's helmet but it's a damn sight better than it has been the past couple of years! Not really any national identity on it though, not like his first one (it was a similar design but in the Italian flag colours). I'm a big believer that helmets should have some sort of national identity on them, for example Button's, Alonso's old one, Montoya's and so on and so forth.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

I don't think it needs that national thing, but I do think the drivers shouldn't change the look of it that much.

Alonso: 2001 with dark blue, 2003 with light blue, 2006 new design but with the same colours, 2007 again new design but doesn't look like anything before it.
Raikkonen changed his helmets a lot as well, but his ones are pretty much alike either design or colour wise.

I personally think you can change details, but please keep it close to what you start with, just for instant recognition. Update it every year a little if you want, but not the dramatic design changes like Alonso & Heidfeld show this year.
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

The main reason I reckon helmets should show some national colours is purely because the cars these days don't (except Ferrari and Spyker). Mind you at least BMW are using their corporate colours so they're unlikely to change every bloody year! Personally I'd like to see teams race in national colours but in these days of sponsorship and such like it's not really going to happen! Basically I yearn for the "good old days" when cars looked different to each other and drivers weren't robots!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!