Nice rumor: Audi F1

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!

How real is it?

0%
33%
up to 20%
50%
up to 40%
No votes
up to 60%
17%
up to 80%
No votes
up to 100%
No votes

Total votes: 6

HF
GP2 Star

Nice rumor: Audi F1

Post by HF »

Just look at this site:
http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Features/article_2944.shtml

This Kim Stapleton had very good ideas.
I like the car. Maybe it will be a sqare-team of my coming sets. I love this car!
- . -
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

I work for Audi myself. And i can tell you that this won't be reality (sad enough) in the near future.

There are rumours all the time that they will come to F1, in name of Volkswagen or Audi, but they are to succesfull in Le Mans and other endurence racing series that they won't make the step to Formula 1.

But indeed the cars look fabilous... 8)
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

It looks very realistic and believable, although everyone basically knows it's not going to happen in reality anyway. ;-)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

The yellow one is not good, the red is. Although it's too McLaren like right now with those colours. So maybe the yellow would be nice (GOD I MISS JORDAN F1!)

If they were to make the step in ears to come (bear in mind F1 currently has 12 teams signed up and they won't look to increase to 13 or more!) - The n I think they'd go with the Audi marquee. VW is too "shit" compared to Audi. Audi in recent years has design some gorgeous "racey looking" cars like the TT and coupled with their success under that banner in other series, it makes obvious sense to run as Audi and not VW.

But anyway... I don't get the question...

"How real is it?"

It says in the article it's just a 3D design by an enthusiast. Projecting what it would look like. Updated from 2006 car to 2007 spec.

And if that's not the question... then the car images are there. They were designed... So the pictures are REAL pictures of Kim's render. So in that sense "it is real".
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

I ment: how real is it in your mind that this will become true, anytime :oops:

It would be perfect. Mercedes (I hope they will bye the rest of McLaren), BMW, (Toyota) and BMW, all german teams! The patriotism... a nice thing :wink:
- . -
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Well, having Volkswagen-Audi Group (VAG) in F1 would be nice, but remember that VAG own the likes of Bugatti, Bentley and Lamborghini... I'd have thought one of those marques would be chosen if they ever got off their arses and attempted F1.

Mind you, if VAG is one glaring omission from F1, what about General Motors? Bigger than VAG and no plans for F1. Ever. Personally I'd like to see a GM marque such as Chevrolet in F1. Especially now it's a V8-only formula. Mind you, in a perfect world, Ford would still have a presence...
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

HF wrote:I ment: how real is it in your mind that this will become true, anytime :oops:

It would be perfect. Mercedes (I hope they will bye the rest of McLaren), BMW, (Toyota) and BMW, all german teams! The patriotism... a nice thing :wink:

BMW twice?... CALM DOWN!!

Merceds SHOULD NOT buy the rest of McLaren. That takes away the independant status. Reno buying Benetton was needed as they were crap. But McLaren are going fine. Williams will be brought soon imo. They're going down and Frank is getting old. Hopefully there are a few independants who may be interested. Like Stoddart, Jordan etc. u never know!
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I'd like to see Stoddy back in F1 but he's busy with Champ Cars at the moment. nice to see the Minardi name there though!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

I don't think Switzerland's Motorsport aktuell reads this forum, so I assume they saw this picture somewhere else that was also posted here by DJS some time ago:

Because in today's issue they have a little blurb about how "Audi in F1?" rumours come up every spring, and that even though it probably won't happen the car looks nice.

Interesting they apparently didn't find the original artist's render pics which I saw in various places, but this one... but props to the model maker, he just got a piece of his published in a major racing magazine... :wink:
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Looks like a scale model to me :roll: .... Just look at the wheels... 8) :wink:
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

It's a Renault R26 from Hot Wheels, now if Minichamps made the same car and he used that as base, you would have more difficulty in seeing that it isn't a real car.... :wink:

Here is the link to the website of the builder:
http://www.chapparrelsdiecast.com/index.htm

He has made a lot of excellent Champcars.
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²