Honda's Livery

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

It looks better now than before, but it is still a bit ugly... :oops:

:evil: HONDA, PAINT BACK THE BLACK TESTING LIVERY!!! :evil:
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

In absolute terms I actually quite like it. It's different! However as a GP2 patcher I bloody despise it! Have Honda not heard of the Gaia theory?
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I really like the car. Looks very cool!! Maybe I'll give it a try as well.
At this pic the colours look more powerfull somehow.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Hé guys, i checked out the http://www.myearthdream.com site.

And if i understand the story correctly they will start in Melbourne, 1st race, with a black car with the internet adress on the back-wing.

As futher the season goes the globe on the car will become more visible, as more people give a donation on the myearthdream.com site.

So, Honda will be racing with a (slightly) different livery each race...???
Is that allowed by the FIA, anyway???

I thought that there was a rule that says that livery changes are only allowed in consideration with all the remaining teams and the FIA.

Can anyone clear this up.... :idea:
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Where did you get that from? I don't see it being stated anywhere they would actually start with a black car.

What I read about the design (under "Find Out More") was just this:

The Honda Racing F1 Team's new 2007 Formula One car carries no corporate colours, no advertising and no logos beyond the F1A-required insignia.

Instead, the car features a beautiful piece of artwork highlighting our planet Earth.

It appears to me they will always use the livery, but you can symbolically buy parts of it. Then maybe they'll use whatever graphical features to put people's names in there so if you get close to the car and know where to look, you'll see it (like BAR/Honda had the names of the team's employees written out on the inside of the rear wing for some years now...).
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Some quotes from the site:

By pledging, your name and pledge will appear on the myearthdream car and eventually form part of the livery for the real Honda Racing F1 team race car.

There are approximately 600.000 pixels on each car, and there are 2 cars, giving a total of over 1.2 million pixels.

The Honda Racing F1 Team car, with the myearthdream.com web adress, will appear in the first Formula 1 Grand Prix race of the season in Melbourne, Australia on 18 March, 2007. It's livery will be updated with all the names and pledges from the website later in the season

So, you can buy pixels by placing a donation, and then it will be placed later on, on the car during the season, if i get it right... :?:
Edgars Erix
GP2 Gamer

Post by Edgars Erix »

In rainy days they will paint clouds on the car :)
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Interesting point in Autosport magazine this week about the black bits at the rear of the car... apparently because it's all so tightly packaged at the rear the heat from the engine would make any stickers peel off, hence the black...
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Greyhead wrote:Interesting point in Autosport magazine this week about the black bits at the rear of the car... apparently because it's all so tightly packaged at the rear the heat from the engine would make any stickers peel off, hence the black...
Interesting info. Very interesting. Would be interesting as well which temperatures are reached in at the rear.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Just wanted to say again that I love this car. The livery is unbelieveable, simply great, fantastic, awesome etc. Looks damn hot!! :!:
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

It's ugly. That's all i have to say about it.

On TV it looks like a blue green blur spot. When it stands still, it's even more ugly...
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Greyhead wrote:Interesting point in Autosport magazine this week about the black bits at the rear of the car... apparently because it's all so tightly packaged at the rear the heat from the engine would make any stickers peel off, hence the black...

Intersting, but what about the other cars? with all their sponsors and even colors (like honda's green / red / black) stripes last year?
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

They aren't as tightly packaged at the rear as the current Honda, so the heat from the engine dissipates at a higher temperature through that part of the bodywork than it would for the other cars.
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

I learnt from a Ferrari yearbook, that some parts of a livery aren't stickers but painted/airbrushed. That might explain a little as well. :wink:
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²