Gp2 Dream

Here you can post criticisms, ideas or questions to the forum!
Psionics17
GP2 Newbie

Gp2 Dream

Post by Psionics17 »

Hello,

My name is Norman and i am new to this server.
You guys have probably read questions like these many and many times. Altough i am aware of that i have to do it.
I have wanted to play this game again for many years. I finally hope you guys can help me with this. I do know how to work with dosbox, but the thing is or mainly my question is. Is there any site or torrent maybe where gp2 is downloadable. Or is the only chance playing this lovely game again, by buying a cd which will take me alot of time to find someone to have this.

I thank you guys for reading this question for the 10001th time probably :D

Cheers 8)
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Re: Gp2 Dream

Post by RacerBG »

Classic Gaming Network should work for you okay or any other abandonware site. Just register and download. :wink:
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

Psionics17 wrote:Hello,

My name is Norman and i am new to this server.
You guys have probably read questions like these many and many times. Altough i am aware of that i have to do it.
I have wanted to play this game again for many years. I finally hope you guys can help me with this. I do know how to work with dosbox, but the thing is or mainly my question is. Is there any site or torrent maybe where gp2 is downloadable. Or is the only chance playing this lovely game again, by buying a cd which will take me alot of time to find someone to have this.

I thank you guys for reading this question for the 10001th time probably :D

Cheers 8)
http://old-cans.com/en/grand_prix_2/

this is from where i have download the game almost five years ago ...
Psionics17
GP2 Newbie

Post by Psionics17 »

Thanks guys for your replies. I have played the game already with pleasure.
There is one thing i cannot solve. I have enabled every "realistic"detail in the option menu.
But when i race or just whenever and i try for example for fun to hit the wall with full speed, i dont get a crash.
It seems like my car cannot get broken at all. I ve looked to the settings already but i cannot find the thing.
Does anyone have any clue?
Psionics17
GP2 Newbie

Post by Psionics17 »

Thanks guys for your replies.

I have played the game with loads of fun already, but there is one thing i cant achieve.
The thing is that when i try to crash for fun for example, i will get no car damage at all while i enabled all the "realistic" performances in the option menu. Anyone has a clue?
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

Psionics17 wrote:Thanks guys for your replies.

I have played the game with loads of fun already, but there is one thing i cant achieve.
The thing is that when i try to crash for fun for example, i will get no car damage at all while i enabled all the "realistic" performances in the option menu. Anyone has a clue?

in your keybord use the f number commands for this.. i think that to make the car have damages press f4
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

The realism options, as far as I remember, refer to all kinds of technical defects the car could suffer. Crash damage can be disabled by default, if you're not playing on the highest difficulty level – that's what roland is referring to.

So if you're playing on one of the lower levels, you might have to deactivate that driver aid specifically.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..