GP2 problems Win7 64bit

Here you can post criticisms, ideas or questions to the forum!
gp2hbsl
GP2 Starter

GP2 problems Win7 64bit

Post by gp2hbsl »

I have a couple of questions to the kind users of this forum :)

- How do you excract/convert the JAD-files in win7..? (If not possible, please could you send me the newest: Korean F1 circuit, Hockenheim and India New Delhi...)

- Do you have a working track map editor for win7 64bit ...??

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards :>
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: GP2 problems Win7 64bit

Post by rremedio »

- Jad files - if you use dosbox you can cd to the track gamejams folder and execute convert.exe, I guess. Personally, I use the Jam Editor, open all files and go to File - Save All - as Jam files.

- Never tried anything related to trackmaps in Win7.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
gp2hbsl
GP2 Starter

Post by gp2hbsl »

Thank you very much for the tip regarding JamEditor -it worked fine, but a little more time consuming, no problem though :>

Two more small questions:

- Did you manage to get GP2LAP to work in a dosBox under win7 64bit...?

- Did you manage to get GP2LIMIT to work in a dosBox under win7 64bit...?

I downloaded some time ago from www.Oldgames.sk a GP2 compilation ready to extract into my C:

It works fine and so far I can get the GP2eEditor, CarEditor, JamEditor and Win Track Manager to work, but I mis the GP2Lap and the GP2Limit (in order to have the newest trackversions with bigger .dat file available)... I don't know anything about using DosBox but hope someone kind could help me out... :>

Thanks so much in advance...
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Yes, both programs work without any problem here. The only thing that you have to notice with GP2Limit is the correct GP2.exe patch. Here I mount C:\GP2 as C: in DosBox, so the correct patch becomes C:\GP2.exe and not C:\GP2\GP2.exe.

What kind of error are you getting?
Early 90s F1 forever!
gp2hbsl
GP2 Starter

Post by gp2hbsl »

rremedio wrote:Yes, both programs work without any problem here. The only thing that you have to notice with GP2Limit is the correct GP2.exe patch. Here I mount C:\GP2 as C: in DosBox, so the correct patch becomes C:\GP2.exe and not C:\GP2\GP2.exe.

What kind of error are you getting?
A message box pops up and says it is not compatible with 64bit (or something like that)...

Tested a few 'over limit' curcuits and they worked fine, so no problems at the moment regarding GP2Limit...

I have placed the GP2Lap folder inside the GP2 folder, which works fine in a dos box window... Can you suggest another place for GP2Lap folder??

I don't know what I'm missing :>
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

There shouldn't be any "GP2Lap folder", you need to just put all files in the same folder where GP2.exe is. And you must start GP2Lap from inside DosBox, like you do with GP2.
Early 90s F1 forever!
August
GP2 Newbie

Post by August »

Hello all GP2 players! :)

Also I have a problem with GP2Limit with Win7 64bit. Does anybody know how to solve that problem?
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

GP2Limit won't work under Win7 64bits (I don't know about 32bits). You must start it from within a virtual machine (DosBox or Virtual PC). Alternatively, you can use the new version of the Slot Editor, you find it on this post.
Early 90s F1 forever!
August
GP2 Newbie

Post by August »

Thanks for advice, rremedio.

I don't understand Dosbox completely, and I couldn't make it work that way. But I realised gp2limit makes changes to gp2.exe, so I just copied gp2.exe from another computer, where I had run gp2limit, and now everything works fine.