The terror of the track maker

Here you can post criticisms, ideas or questions to the forum!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

The terror of the track maker

Post by rremedio »

The forum is very quiet on the past few months, so i've decided to create an useless topic and show you what track makers never show to anyone. The terrible looking early WIP tracks. Now you can see how your nice finished tracks more or less looked like on the begining. And those two are not that bad really, becouse they have some textures being tested.
t1.JPG
t2.JPG
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Shadowcat
GP2 Newbie

Re: The terror of the track maker

Post by Shadowcat »

Interesting. But I only see something that looks like a glitch/out of place in the first picture, not in the second one. :)
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

Let's bring this topic back from the grave (even if track editing in GP2 may just be in the path of dinosaurs). How about things that could be even on release file to anyone to see haha (when driving too close to wall, object makes the horizon look like that for short time). But let's try some fixing things before that :)
Attachments
be-bug.jpg
bb49
GP2 Newbie

Post by bb49 »

To be quite honest, there is no terror in all the world, no Hollywood horror movie that can compare to entering a new track for the first time.

The three biggest offenders:

when a bridged fence or defunct pitlane fence crosses the track, and everything becomes a snowstorm of grass or sand, and the suddenness...

Even more terrifying is a failed string, or a string crossing the track and having to drive through it.

But nothing, nothing in the world compares to a track height 'malfunction', when that 'wrap around' occurs, and your car suddenly disappears into a new place and starts free falling.... eep
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

Early start troubles... :evil:
Attachments
gp2t.jpg
bb49
GP2 Newbie

Post by bb49 »

Peze wrote:Early start troubles... :evil:
Don't know how many times I've seen THAT!!

The really interesting thing about that screenshot is the 'lines' that appear the left of the screen. I still don't know how to 'cure' it so I usually replicate the track onto a different base circuit. Another problem I am totally at a loss with is when the track and ALL graphics except the cockpit and the background jam disappear for a few seconds. No matter how I fiddle around with that section of track, it doesn't make any difference.

I find that you get different outcomes with different base tracks.

It is virtually impossible to create a new track on "Monaco", but it can be done. "Gilles Villenueve" and "Jerez" also give some problems with cc-line, "Suzuka" has 'slope' issues.

I find "Imola" to be the best track to make a circuit, giving the least problems, while "Spa Francachamps" and "Silverstone" are great for making detailed tracks as they have a lot of track sections; "Silverstone" has 120 somthing, while "Ti Aida" has about 70.

When testing a new circuit at "Magny Cours" or "Interlagos", I often see the cars driving through the pit building! :lol: I forget sometimes about the pitlanes being ON THE LEFT
bb49
GP2 Newbie

Post by bb49 »

How about some of these works of art...
Attachments
A 'vertical ramp' track height error
A 'vertical ramp' track height error
trackheighthorrors1.png
The track 'gap' problem
The track 'gap' problem
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

Some terrorized looking shots there, bb49 :)

The lines you mentioned earlier was no problem after the pit sector was "cleaned up". Actually haven't had problem of those before, but then again there is so much I don't know about.

Another problem I had was the Venetian Effect Existance, at first it didn't occurred even if the pit was mess, but when pit was corrected, the effect appeared. Managed to get rid of it, but editor claims it still exists, so maybe it is visible from another point of the track. Maybe I read about this before, not sure, but can't find where this was explained.