Futuristic F1 carshape...

Here you can post criticisms, ideas or questions to the forum!
MaxD
GP2 Starter

Futuristic F1 carshape...

Post by MaxD »

Hey guys,

Since I first started playing this game, I have always wanted to devise my own series with a unique carshape of a futuristic design.

Now, I am running my own fictional championship - which is brilliant, fictional drivers, teams, engines, tyres etc but I have no futuristic shape to go with it.

So, I think it's about time I do so...

Now, attached to this are two designs I found on the Net which I am going to use as a basis for my design. I will obviously use the Carshape Editor and though I will study and use the guide that comes with it, I know I will struggle so was wondering if there are some who might be willing to help me complete my first design?

Can those who might be able to offer assistance/help take a look and firstly tell me if such shapes are possible in GP2?

I plan to design a carshape/s that are a blend of all these designs and welcome your thoughts/ideas...

Many thanks,

Max
FutureF1_aa.jpg
FutureF1_aa.jpg (19.49 KiB) Viewed 11938 times
delta-wing-concept-3.jpg
FutureF1_b.jpg
"There's nothing wrong with the car in front except that it's on fire!!!!!!!!!!!"
Murray Walker
MaxX
GP2 Star

Re: Futuristic F1 carshape...

Post by MaxX »

I like the first Design pretty much, but I miss a spoiler on the back, maybe something like this:

MaxD
GP2 Starter

Post by MaxD »

Not bad...but front of it reminds me a little of NASCAR...

DO you think one of these designs would be possible?
"There's nothing wrong with the car in front except that it's on fire!!!!!!!!!!!"
Murray Walker
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

I only ment the rear spoiler, the front doesn`t fit to F1 ;) Although I like the car designs in Deathkarz pretty much ;)

I suppose almost anything is possible with the carshape editor :)
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Its sounds nice I hope this will be maded soon by the way I too will try to make a carset :) But only fictional f1 carset with the original cars 8)
MaxD
GP2 Starter

Post by MaxD »

Like I said before, when I start it, this will be my first attempt so will probably take some time.

I could do with some help getting it off the ground, is there anyone I can talk to on this perhaps on PM/email who can assist?

Can't wait to try to get this going...

I'm glad you only meant the rear of the car by the way and not the front!
LOL
Murray Walker
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Unfortunately I can`t be of any help in modeling :(

lol, nope that front won`t fit, the front spoiler of your pic looks great, I just miss something on the rear ;)
MaxD
GP2 Starter

Post by MaxD »

Have to say, I am liking the idea of that 'delta' wing shape...

Looks different but I might devise something else that incorporates the delta concept but still enables there to be a rear wing mainplane for the sponsor Logos to go on...

Going to get my pen and paper out and sketch a few ideas down and see what I can come up with.

MaxX, do you know who might be willing to help me with this?

Basically, I am a VERY fast learner and if I can get someone to help me this one time, to understand the editor properly, then it should be the last time I need major assistance, then I can work on other carshapes.

That's the plan anyhow...
Murray Walker
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

I think people able and willing to help will write into this thread :wink:

btw, if you want to take part with our GP2Fans 2010 carset, you are welcome ;)