How do you run your championship?

Here you can post criticisms, ideas or questions to the forum!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Re: How do you run your championship?

Post by jakesanson »

Alongside WRL, I run my own series at home called the AMA (Amateur Motorsports Association) which works very similarly to the WRL. It has a few more championships and covers all six major continents with championships like F1, Le Mans, BTCC, DTM, V8 Supercars, Formula Nippon, the works!! The only difference between WRL and AMA is that I get to race the cars myself rather than letting the AI do all the work!!!
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Jake you should be in the Guinness Book :mrgreen:
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

rremedio wrote:Jake you should be in the Guinness Book :mrgreen:
I ... concur ... I guess. Most impressive. :mrgreen:
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Only the WRL runs to calendar time!

The others I just race whenever I have time, which will be limited now that my music is a registered business, and with my new XBOX things might be a little more interesting!!

I used to create leagues for pretty much every racing game I owned, then about six years ago I stumbled upon grandprix2.de, fell in love all over again and the rest is history.
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I run F1 differently these days and incorporate some ideas from the WRL and become a bit retro using F2.

F1 consists of 20 teams, 6 of which have guaranteed places on the F1 starting grid determined by their status, championship success and history. The six teams I have chosen are:

Ferrari
McLaren
Red Bull
Williams
Brawn
Renault

The other 14 teams are all existing between 2006-2011, and all compete for 5 places on the F1 grid:

Sauber
Lotus
Toro Rosso
Force India
Mercedes
Virgin
HRT
USF1 (I decided to include them)
Toyota
BMW
Honda
Super Aguri
Spyker
Midland

For the remaining three places on the grid, I bring in Formula 2.

Formula 2 consists of 26 teams from 1990-2005 that no longer exist, split into two qualifying races. The top 7 teams from each race go through to the official F2 race. The top three teams in this final race get the final 3 places in F1. This gives those old names a new airing as well as F2 being given the same importance as it was in the 60s and 70s.

Also at each race, two local teams enter at F2 level: the 14th team in each qualifying race. Two drivers are pro or celebrity from that country in one team and the other is filled by two rookies.

And that's how I run F1 and F2. All the other championships I run are straightforward, choosing only the best teams in each category with the best liveries, combining different years and carsets.

Yes, I know I'm a nerd.

torana_05
GP2 Newbie

Post by torana_05 »

G'day Guys long time since ive been here but i just wanted to ask without starting a new thread what tracks/carset would/do you use for a 1994 season, as many of the 94 season tracks are just the stock ones. i am having difficulty as in some stock tracks i am very fast and can beat ai and then some i am dreadfully slow any tips, advice, setups or anything else would be greatly appreciated. thanks
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Search through our site, here you can find very good things. :wink: