Calibrating my steering wheel and pedals for GP2 (being played through dosbox in linux)

Here you can post criticisms, ideas or questions to the forum!
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Calibrating my steering wheel and pedals for GP2 (being played through dosbox in linux)

Post by samsepi0l »

I recently installed GP2, and Dosbox. I have a Logitech Driving Force GT steering wheel and pedals set. I am trying to get it set up so that the brakes, accelerator pedal and steering work.

When I use the wheel, it shows it as Joypad-A for the left and right turning motion. This is not a problem.

When I press the GAS pedal, it moves the vertical slider for Joypad-A (y direction) from the minimum to maximum. It is important to note that when my foot is OFF of the GAS pedal it is at minimum.

When I press the BRAKE pedal, it sees this as the horizontal slider on Joypad-B. It moves it from the minimum position on the horizontal axis to the maximum.

So what I am trying to say, is that Brake and GAS pedals are different joypads and different axises.

When I calibrate- it fails because the resting position of the pedals (both) is not center- it's the minimum.

How can I make this work?
DaSilva82
GP2 Starter

Re: Calibrating my steering wheel and pedals for GP2 (being played through dosbox in linux)

Post by DaSilva82 »

I don't have any experience with a steering wheel in GP2 but maybe this will help you.
http://grandprix2.de/wissen/Control%20
The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose.
DaSilva82
GP2 Starter

Re: Calibrating my steering wheel and pedals for GP2 (being played through dosbox in linux)

Post by DaSilva82 »

And maybe this vid will get you there.
Look in the comments. Good luck!
The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose.
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

The link you posted does not work.... did some of it get cut off?
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

Thank you- I actually figured out what I needed to do. There was a control option that asked me to "steer all the way to the left", then "right". Then "full throttle", then "full braking". I forget the name, it worked like a charm though.
DaSilva82
GP2 Starter

Post by DaSilva82 »

I'm glad you figured it out! And you're right, the link sadly doesn't work anymore.
This was the other link I forgot to add.
https://youtu.be/OdA7D4PFwpk