GP2RW pool

Here you can post criticisms, ideas or questions to the forum!

Do you want another GP2RW season?

Poll ended at 12.03.2017, 02:02

Yes!
100%
No...
No votes

Total votes: 6

racer63
GP2 Gamer

GP2RW pool

Post by racer63 »

Ok, maybe some of you remember GP2RW, the only (I think) CC´s league for GP2 run in 2011. It´s been almost 6 years since Mr. Todorov won that league viewtopic.php?f=5&t=834

Question is: Would you like to see the league again? With new cars, new teams and best of all, new magic data rules. :-k

Post your vote and let`s see :roll:
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: GP2RW pool

Post by rremedio »

Yes, please! It was a nice gathering topic in these forums!
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

For all of you who will vote yes:

If there´s enough interest in a new season, let´s make a pre-entry list with your driver names, team name, chassis and engine model.
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

A question: the set-up we apply to a car will influence with its performance, when CC-controled? Or not? I'm asking both for this league (where I can be interested) and for 2-player in the same machine, when the computer is controlling a car?
DaSilva82
GP2 Starter

Post by DaSilva82 »

Hey guys,

Sounds awesome!
I'm not new to GP2 but I am new to this competition.
So if anyone is prepared to give a full tutorial, then I'm happy to join this.
The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

In CC-only races or in cars controlled only by the cc, the game will assign a setup based on the setup stored in the track .dat file but with some randomization in the wing values for some of the cars.

I'm not sure about local multiplayer, but I believe the ccs will use the player's car setup assigned to that car (because setups are assigned at the beginning of the race).

BTW, you can use the Slot and Tyres Editor to assign setups to ccs individually, but you need to follow the instructions in the readme and use saved games.

My team:

Caccere Racing
Chassis: CR27
Engines: Holden V10
Drivers: Robert Shepherd (Nauru) and Craig Richards (Australia)

edit: bitmp coming soon. I'd like to have numbers #9 and #10 if possible
Early 90s F1 forever!
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

ismael wrote:A question: the set-up we apply to a car will influence with its performance, when CC-controled? Or not? I'm asking both for this league (where I can be interested) and for 2-player in the same machine, when the computer is controlling a car?
The CC´s performance is given by grip values assigned by each player, that´s the way I did in the past league. I could try to assign user made setups to each car, but I´d have to do some tests on how to do it properly.

On the 2 players subject and to be honest, don´t know :?
DaSilva82
GP2 Starter

Post by DaSilva82 »

Sounds good this competition!
The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose.
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

My team:

McPherson
Chassis: MP-1
Engines: Alpha V10
Drivers: Carlos Sanchez (Brazil) and Jean-Paul Cassell (France)

I'm supposed to upload a bitmap of the car, right? But I think you will guess, I'm not being original at all ;-)
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

ismael wrote:My team:

McPherson
Drivers: Carlos Sanchez (Brazil) and Jean-Paul Cassell (France)

I'm supposed to upload a bitmap of the car, right? But I think you will guess, I'm not being original at all ;-)
Yes, upload a bitmap for your cars.

Nice team with two old drivers from F1GP days. BTW, I`m more a Kurt Langer fan :lol:
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

Roberto:

Can you put here a link for downloading the saved game excel sheet? There was a link somewhere in an old thread but is dead.

We could use personal setups for each car, instead of new grip values for each new race or both... But remember that wings and gear ratios are the only values that can be changed. I need to do some tests, first.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I strongly advise against using the spreadsheet instead of the editor. The spreadsheet is clunky, it has more bugs and it would be harder for me to provide support in case of any errors since it has an older code written in VBA. The only advantages being file size and working on Windows 98. If you still want to use it, let me know.

It was actually created for a cc-only league my friend Emerson used to run. The option of changing setups is not really great because ccs are always at their faster with rear wings set to 1, with front wings being of minor effect in lap times. So there would be only gears as settings for us to play. Much more interesting IMO, is the ability to assign pitstop strategies if the races you are going to make allow for them. Both the spreadsheet and the editor allow it.

Going back to changing setups, if you use the editor (or the spreadsheet) to make them all equal, you make sure your GP2Edit grips are more relevant in the races since GP2 randomises the wings and having higher rear wings means the cc will be slower (for instance, if the track .dat setup is wings 12/10 - gears 33 40 48 53 58 63, some ccs will end up with wings 12/9 and others with 12/11).

And here goes my car bitmap :D
Attachments
cac2015c.zip
(7.87 KiB) Downloaded 538 times
Early 90s F1 forever!
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

Thxs for the input, Roberto, this league will be based in grip values.

So the proceeding should be setup the basics in GP2Edit (names, cars, power, BMP´s etc) and use Roberto´s tyres and grip editor for grips and tyres for each track. I´m thinking of one pitstop and compulsory use of tyre D compounds.

First ideas: 100% races, real F1 points system, and most of tracks same as in real F1. But let´s wait a few more days for more entries and a formal announcement with a rules description.

We have 6 cars and 3 teams as of today:

Caccere Racing-HoldenV10, cars 9-10 with Robert Shepherd and Craig Richards
McPherson-AlphaV10 car numbers? with Carlos Sanchez and Jean-Paul Cassell
AR-Racing-Cosworth (my team) cars 63-64 Kurt Langer and Andrew Davie

Cheers
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

Hi,

Updating the data of team McPherson:

McPherson
Drivers: Carlos Sanchez (Brazil) and Jean-Paul Cassell (France), with numbers 31 and 32
Bitmap in attachment

So, the league is going for us to choose different grips for each race AND different set-up strategies (or is it one-stop mandatory)?

Replying to Racer63, I've got the idea of Sanchez and Cassell after reading the 2011 thread for the previous league and someone was going to race with the great Mario Collepardi. I thought of going with my Portuguese countryman Jose Fernandez, but his surname his mispelled, should be Fernandes :-P Cool for Langer, but one should have looked better to that rookie Helmut Becker, the guy was rocking!
Attachments
McPherson.zip
(6.16 KiB) Downloaded 522 times
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

Yeah, choose your grip points before each race, something along the previous league. At least one pitstop is mandatory, but guess more than one will be required in a long race with D compound... should be better to let the computer to decide the pitstops? On personalized setups, the idea is out by now.