Playability and realism of GP2 compared with today's games

Here you can post criticisms, ideas or questions to the forum!
ismael
GP2 Starter

Playability and realism of GP2 compared with today's games

Post by ismael » 08.09.2017, 09:21

This is a kind of off-topic talk but I think it fits here nonetheless. Those of you who have been playing the F1 games for Playstation by Codemasters, how do you compare the playability of those games against GP2 and the 2 successors?

Back in the day, I really felt that the playability of GP2 was superior to the first F1 playstation games of the time, and even for PC, like the F1 2002. For sure, the graphics and extra options of F1 2017, classic cars, blabla, are awesome, etc. (GP2 also have classic cars through this site and forum 8) ) but my question is about the reality level of actual gaming, of the driving and the way the car feels. Through the years I hear the critics saying that the playability is not that realist, although the F1 2006 for PS had a lot of fans for it.

What do you think?

Michael82
GP2 Gamer

Re: Playability and realism of GP2 compared with today's games

Post by Michael82 » 08.09.2017, 21:24

It is a very important question. After all those years we can't see another simulation like Gp2. It is a real simulation.. and even if gp3 and gp4 are good there is a lack of feelings.. Currently, the codemasters games are beautiful.. but boring and too much arcadly.. Gp2 is simple and unique... it is the best.

rremedio
GP2 Star

Re: Playability and realism of GP2 compared with today's games

Post by rremedio » 17.09.2017, 17:30

I think GP1/2/3/4 are still superior if you need to play with a keyboard. If you use a gamepad, modern games will be better. With a will, modern sims are much better.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion" - The Marriage of Heaven and Hell by William Blake