Greyhead's thread

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Re: Greyhead's thread

Post by Greyhead »

Jake, the idea is pretty simple but it's a lot of work, and it helps if you know a bit about technical drawing. I think this is the only time I've used my university education for anything outside of university :lol:

I might do a tutorial in the future, I didn't think people would be quite as interested as they seem to be!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I think we're al interested because of the accuracy of your designs. If they weren't so good, we wouldn't all be trying to learn your secrets!!!

Just goes to show that technical drawing does have its uses!!!

A lot of work?? Hmm. Maybe I should just send people who know what they're doing my ideas!!!
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Don't be put off, it's not hard work or anything, it just takes a bit of time. For instance the new template for the Porsche 911 took me about a week, compared to four hours for the one I did the traditional way, but that's mainly because I've never really used Paint.NET properly before. I only really used it to recolour and resize sponsor logos before, now I'm using it to do the whole car and so I'm learning all the time. I remember when I first started the touring cars a couple of years ago and it took me days to do the first car (an Alfa 156), but once I'd got used to doing it, I cut that time down to a few hours.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

Drawing for GP2 is a very nice way to spend your time, but if you have very little time available, I can understand it can be frustrating.
Some of the new cars took 10 hours to draw (just from my side), than add the time that Tim has used to complete them and you can understand it's pretty time consuming.

Jake, you can only get better at it, so please continue if you can and are willing to do so. [-o<
Only by doing it yourself, you will reach the same level. :wink:

I think this is the way to (start with) draw(ing) stuff for Gp2:
First you start with copying, than you start tracing what someone else did with a different colour, than you start adding your own details and than you'll start drawing the cars on you own.
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Drawing for GP2 is a very nice way to spend your time, but if you have very little time available, I can understand it can be frustrating.
Some of the new cars took 10 hours to draw (just from my side), than add the time that Tim has used to complete them and you can understand it's pretty time consuming.
This is a very good point. I'm single with no kids and I work permanent nights, so I have a lot of time on my hands and I tend to fill it with drawing. I also have a history of depression, so drawing cars for GP2 keeps my mind active. GP2 saved my life :lol:
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Hi Greyhead, how are things going on with the carset? Would be nice if you could give me a short information. I'm really waiting to get finally some GT-cars!
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Shouldn't be long now, to be honest it's starting to drag a bit now! I'm going to do the remaining cars (Marcos and Porsche GT1 Evo) the traditional way just to get them out of the way, hopefully the carset should be ready later this month.
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Porsche GT2's all done now (at last). Comparing the ones I did the "traditional" way with the ones I've done the new way, I'm very pleased with the results! Due to the limitations of GP2 and the carshape, it's probably a stretch to say they look realistic but I think they're definitely the best cars I've drawn. Starting work on the Porsche GT1 Evo (actually the 1997 version so completely different to the other GT1 Porsches I've already done) that ran in a couple of races now.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Nice, it's always good to read news like this. So I guess we'll really have the set at the end of the month. \:D/ Maybe you can post some screenshots? Is the Marcos ready?
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Ask and you shall receive!
Attachments
GP2_0002.GIF
GP2_0001.GIF
GP2_0000.GIF
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

A couple more:
Attachments
GP2_0004.GIF
GP2_0003.gif
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

Great. =D> Looks promising
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I can only second AAS! The Porsches look very good. I think the set will be interesting with the mix of GT1 and GT2 cars.
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

\:D/ Very, very nice!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

When this set is released, a lot of it is likely to be incorporated into WRL 2011.
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!