Fictious track(s) from the past

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Re: Fictious track(s) from the past

Post by Peze »

Thanks V12-Power! But I think there is very good stuff already made that is difficult to make better in GP2. Amount of colors and texture sizes are limited, which makes things more difficult.

The sky is included with track, had to be murky :) Dry conditions though - before or after rain :-k ?
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

All right then, track on it's way 8-[
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

The screenshots look awesome =D>
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

The screenshots look awesome =D>
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

Cheers MäxX.
-----------------------
I mentioned Castries in release files (about the sun) and I drove it now after many years. Only now realising that there is two turns similar to it #-o I remember that in first layout version there was "toe" in the U-turn, but I didn't like it, so I changed it to what it is:
Attachments
compare.jpg
tmc
GP2 Starter

Post by tmc »

Anchor Bay is f**cking great! I had a LMS Race, yesterday evening. The Track is a weird mixture of the Nordschleife, the Rallye Korsika and parts of a David Lynch-Movie. Never had this feeling on a GP2 race. And also the impressive spectator bleachers look like an architectonic masterpiece of a mad dictator. :shock: :shock: =D> =D>

Normally i dont like tracks, that are too fictional, overloaded and that look rather as an arcade game than as a realistic track, and after watching the screenshots i was very sceptical, but this one is a welcome exception. Great Job! Well done!

Now i have to find a good setup, i was nearly 9 seconds slower than the top of the grid. :lol:
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

Thanks, tmc! Tried to find something new and this time some oppressive(?) atmosphere too I guess, but never thought that way, well said :D

There is not much realism in these released tracks if you like realism, but thing to me was to try different ideas freely and have some variations between tracks. But I had some similar thoughts about arcade likeness when making and finishing Canyon Route and still thinking that maybe some texture or even location fixes needs to be done. And the Knot Grove would need some palette adjustment, it's quite saturated I think. Nothing's perfect, but that is the way how it is :)

I recommend rremedios slot editor if the top of the grid is too far, sounds tough to find 9 seconds with the setup :) (it was not easy to find suitable slots for a 16 different tracks where cc's would be somewhat equally competitive). Good setup can make a big difference: I tested few weeks ago AAS' updated version of the excellent St Senoux II (a quickrace) and wondered why felt it worse to drive than I was used to, but reason was that the loaded setup for the race was so different in other slot:)

After Anchor Bay I thought that there is nothing more or new to do with track editing so I quitted. But three years later "itch" came back and one more fictious track was compleeted which I'll send - before some texture updates and maybe some scenery adjustments. Scenery is not that versatile than previous ones, focus more on layout this time, inspired by old Zandvoort's fast turns - and idea for scenery is from Bremgarten (trees over circuit). I'll send it when it's ready, don't know though when I'll start with it. After that track was time to quit again (I did then and earlier some other tracks too, but only with layout, ccline and pits) before I found this site :D
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I've just tried Anchor Bay, fantastic!!! Great work, Peze! As always...
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!