Magic Data and GP2 Physics

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: Magic Data and GP2 Physics

Post by rremedio »

Yes, with value set to 1 you will have a cc only if there's no player cars selected. So the value counts the human players too.

Maybe it's possible to get ride of the 14 cars limit (cause GPxPatch does that for later games), but I'm not sure yet and it would cause a small mess in the pits (as in GP3).
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

There's another bug with the loading file dialogs. It allows you to load any other file, not only the correct formatted m2d and t2d. So, until the next version is available, please make sure you only load the correct files as exporting data from other files will corrupt your gp2.exe.
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Good news: I've "found" a factor which may solve (at least partially) the unbalancing between players and ccs at low speeds (specially race starts). It was always in front of my face, I have tested it before, but didn't notice how it works before. Anyway, it will add too much value to the physics editor. In fact it's not the value I was searching for, but a grip related value for the human player, but it may do the trick for now.

As I don't have the source code for the physics editor anymore, I'll rebuild it inside the Slot Editor. I've already changed the interface, and little changes will have to be made to the physics file format, as I believe the new factor belongs there. I'm using the opportunity and preparing the editor to work with full season packages (installing a lot of stuff with one click) and I'll add my saved games tools to the editor too as they are on my HD for a long time and I've never released them (they add a lot of fun in the races for those who have patience to work with them).

So next version will probably be 3.0 with new interface and physics editor and then I start to work on version 4.0 with package stuff and saved games tools. Filesizes will be kept around 37mb for now becouse rebuilding everything from scratch (having to sort ou how the functions would work as I've lost VB source code in my last HD crash) would take too long and I want to keep the momentum if new features are coming.

The editor will probably need a new name, becouse it will have a lot of new features =)
Early 90s F1 forever!
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

What about "GP2 Master" or "GP2 New Era", or "GP2 Utilities" :?:

Anyway excellent to hear that this project is going on quite well (even without me because Im damn busy...). About the HDD crashes, why you are not using virtual storage disks? For example Im using a site called DOX for storing my most important files. :wink:
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

RacerBG wrote:What about "GP2 Master" or "GP2 New Era", or "GP2 Utilities" :?:

Anyway excellent to hear that this project is going on quite well (even without me because Im damn busy...). About the HDD crashes, why you are not using virtual storage disks? For example Im using a site called DOX for storing my most important files. :wink:
It was a funny thing. I had a GP2 installation on drive D: on which I was doing all the editing. Drive D: started to get some problems, so I copied everything to drive F: and made the editings there. In the end, drive F: crashed and I lost all the editing since the data copying. It wasn't worst becouse I didn't delete the D: stuff, so I kept a lot of things. After it happened, I copyed all my stuff to an external HD, but it isn't sync. You are right, I have accounts in several cloud storage services, I should use them to keep my GP2 stuff. ](*,)
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

So, here it is. I've changed the exporting data to GP2 code and it's a lot faster now and hopefully won't corrupt GP2.exe nevermore [-o<

And, of course, there are ugly buttons!!! :lol:

This is version 3 beta (becouse it needs more testing) and add physics editing to the application. Until version 4, it will probably get some updates with bugfixes and maybe new physics factor. The other new features will come with version 4 which I will be released someday in the future. And maybe someday, you all will get a less messy readme file :lol:

The factor I've told you before (I called it Asphalt Acceleration) won't have perfect results alone if the cars bhp is too low (like the F1 55 carset), but with powers around 470bph it worked nicely. There are other factor which may help, but I have to study them before adding to the editor.

Please point me any bugs.

Here is the link.
Last edited by rremedio on 22.10.2012, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.
Early 90s F1 forever!
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

I downloaded and started the editor several times, but nothing comes up. I checked the processes and the GP2STED.exe is there for awhile and then disappears. What it could be?
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Peze wrote:I downloaded and started the editor several times, but nothing comes up. I checked the processes and the GP2STED.exe is there for awhile and then disappears. What it could be?
Maybe becouse stupid Roberto didn't put all files in the zip :lol:

I'm updating the package, if you want to download just the missing file, it's here. Just put it in the same folder than GP2STED.exe.
Last edited by rremedio on 23.10.2012, 05:29, edited 1 time in total.
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Package updated at the same link :yes:
Early 90s F1 forever!
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

Ok, now it works, and it looks great! \:D/ This is like Swiss Army knife of GP2 editors :D
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Peze wrote:Ok, now it works, and it looks great! \:D/ This is like Swiss Army knife of GP2 editors :D
Great!

Well, just caught the first bug. "Sugestion" button on the physics panel won't work. Somehow I've broken it before I package the exe, becouse it was working. Soo it will be updated.
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Another bug: all tyres appear with name 52(A)...but they are 52(A), 53(B), 54(C) and 55(D). Besides the wrong names they are patching the game correctly.
Early 90s F1 forever!
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Post by eky78 »

I've tested the cars limit:
100 cars limit
50 laps fuel in GP2Edit for qualifying
1h session

Results: 16 cars simultaneously (or 15 + player car) each starting with 18 laps of fuel (not 50 as it should be)
I changed the duration of the session...but nothing changed
Than I count the nimbert of pit-boxes and they are 16 and not 14!

But maybe you already know these things...:)
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

eky78 wrote:I've tested the cars limit:
100 cars limit
50 laps fuel in GP2Edit for qualifying
1h session

Results: 16 cars simultaneously (or 15 + player car) each starting with 18 laps of fuel (not 50 as it should be)
I changed the duration of the session...but nothing changed
Than I count the nimbert of pit-boxes and they are 16 and not 14!

But maybe you already know these things...:)
By now, the car limit is useless for big values becouse when GP2 calculates the number of cars, it never gets more than 16 (this is new, I thought it was 15, thank you!). GPXPatch can override those calculations in GP3 and GP4, but a program like the Slot Editor won't be able to do so becouse it requires changing GP2 routines (technically impossible for the Slot Editor and I don't have enough knowledge to fiddle with GP2 routines yet).

As you said, there's also a limit for fuel laps in Practice and Qualy sessions. It probably works the same way.
Early 90s F1 forever!
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

Roberto you are a genius. This editor is fantastic. All in one. Sorry for the the gp2 season full project.. i havent lot of time but i would like to help you soon.