Pedralbes track???

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
Edgars Erix
GP2 Gamer

Pedralbes track???

Post by Edgars Erix »

Does anybody have any idea where to get a "good looking" Pedralbes track? I have the one by Ian Hill without any real trackside objects, just a plain track with concrete fences all around. :?
I quess it sould look like Monaco or some other street circuit with lots of buildings and things like that.
I'm sure there are at least a couple of great track makers in the forum, so maybe somebody wants to make it? [-o<
:roll:
TdK
GP2 Pro

Re: Pedralbes track???

Post by TdK »

I'm working on some ideas for gp2 style tracks. I've included your idea of the Pedralbes track in it.

So maybe i will give it a go.... :-k I'm first in the very beginning of a new gp2-style track. A track which made it
to the F1 calender, but then went bankrupt.... Which track is it....??? 8)
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
Edgars Erix
GP2 Gamer

Post by Edgars Erix »

TdK wrote:I'm working on some ideas for gp2 style tracks. I've included your idea of the Pedralbes track in it.

So maybe i will give it a go.... :-k
Damned! My long message has disapeared! :evil:
Quoting myself:
The point was that it's really great to hear (or read). I'll have to race on it in a year of something, so you will have the time enought! :-"
:lol:
Coloni
GP2 Starter

Post by Coloni »

TdK wrote:I'm working on some ideas for gp2 style tracks. I've included your idea of the Pedralbes track in it.

So maybe i will give it a go.... :-k I'm first in the very beginning of a new gp2-style track. A track which made it
to the F1 calender, but then went bankrupt.... Which track is it....??? 8)
A1-ring? Aida? Nivelles? or some American circuit?
Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

It could also be AVUS, Bremgarten or the Pescara Circuit.
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I reckon it's the Japanese Autopolis circuit, which was supposed to have a GP in 1993 (the Pacific GP) but because it went bankrupt the FIA revived the European GP and gave it to Donington Park in the UK.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Greyhead wrote:I reckon it's the Japanese Autopolis circuit, which was supposed to have a GP in 1993 (the Pacific GP) but because it went bankrupt the FIA revived the European GP and gave it to Donington Park in the UK.
.......... :-$ ............

=D> You're right. It's indeed the Autopolis track in Japan. I've done the layout, heights, cc-line and kerbs/walls. Next thing is the scenery, which is huge around there, and buildings. At the moment i don't have much time for it, so it will take a while before i can get moving on with it... :(
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Woohoo!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

It's a nice track, do you like it from what you know about it?
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

To be honest I don't know a deal about it other than that it held a Group C race and that the circuit promoters sponsored Benetton in 1990-91. I've seen it on TV a few times while watching Japanese GT's but I can't remember much!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Edgars Erix wrote:Does anybody have any idea where to get a "good looking" Pedralbes track? I have the one by Ian Hill without any real trackside objects, just a plain track with concrete fences all around. :?
I quess it sould look like Monaco or some other street circuit with lots of buildings and things like that.
I'm sure there are at least a couple of great track makers in the forum, so maybe somebody wants to make it? [-o<
:roll:
Antonio Pessoa did add some buildings and fences to that track...They don't look very good and I guess they are not realistic, but at least they add a street circuit feelling to the track...I'll talk to him know if it still have it.

Regards
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Here it is...I don't have a GP2Form, but the original tracks is from Sergio Leonardi, graphics from Antonio Pessoa...I guess the ccline was made by Otavio Silveira.

Regards
Attachments
pedralbes.zip
(45.35 KiB) Downloaded 515 times
Early 90s F1 forever!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

it's really a non-finished track.

My guess is even the track lenght isn't correct. It must be 6.36 km long, in place of 5.28, and the (2nd) straight (after the first corner) has a slight curve before the corner, so the layout isn't realistic to....
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

TdK wrote:it's really a non-finished track.

My guess is even the track lenght isn't correct. It must be 6.36 km long, in place of 5.28, and the (2nd) straight (after the first corner) has a slight curve before the corner, so the layout isn't realistic to....
Yes, I didn't notice it. It happens in a lot of Leonardi's tracks. The guys should have corrected it. But I guess they were too hurried to have the track up to use it in FGP2.

Anyway, it may interest someone...I really don't like this track, it's very boring...

Regards
Early 90s F1 forever!
Edgars Erix
GP2 Gamer

Post by Edgars Erix »

TdK wrote:it's really a non-finished track.

Anyway, it may interest someone...I really don't like this track, it's very boring...

Regards
It IS boring. I won there in 1951 and will have to race there once again in 1954. Luckilly it will be the last race there :)