A new track ?

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Re: A new track ?

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

CotA is coming.... for future
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
ooleeeo
GP2 Starter

Post by ooleeeo »

dat sounds gr8. :D
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Well, while I don't finish my real tracks, I've sent a small fictional track to Andreas. It's very short but I've made some full races there (the track is from 2010, just needed a few touches) and it was always fun.

Now I'll finish Oulton Park which is 80% done, continue working on the never ending Potrero de los Funes and start my Interlagos update. In the meantime I gave a little help to Antonio's Austin project and updated layout and ccline for Lime Rock Park. Busy days for track making :D

I hope you guys enjoy my little fictional track (Iringa, on the Philippines).
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
gp2hbsl
GP2 Starter

Post by gp2hbsl »

rremedio wrote: Now I'll finish Oulton Park which is 80% done, continue working on the never ending Potrero de los Funes and start my Interlagos update. In the meantime I gave a little help to Antonio's Austin project and updated layout and ccline for Lime Rock Park. Busy days for track making :D
Great news that Austin will be available and also Lime Rock circuit for ALMS... :)

Thanks for your work.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

You're welcome.

I wish I had more time and patience to create more tracks. Here's an early picture from the upcoming Oulton Park.
Attachments
oulton.JPG
Early 90s F1 forever!
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Post by eky78 »

So many new tracks!! Very good! \:D/
And I am sure they will all look wonderful :D

About Lime Rock, will it be the newer version with chicane?
Why updating Interlagos? I think is quite good!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

After Lime Rock is ready, the chicane can be added. Adding the chicane now would produce too much duplicated work when adding the graphics.

If you drive Interlagos in GP4, GP3 2000 (with the Belini version of the track) or any other game which uses GPS data, you'll notice the topography and corner angles being very different from the GP2 track. As it is my favourite F1 track, I want it to have a more accurate version.
Early 90s F1 forever!
gp2hbsl
GP2 Starter

Post by gp2hbsl »

rremedio wrote:After Lime Rock is ready, the chicane can be added. Adding the chicane now would produce too much duplicated work when adding the graphics.

If you drive Interlagos in GP4, GP3 2000 (with the Belini version of the track) or any other game which uses GPS data, you'll notice the topography and corner angles being very different from the GP2 track. As it is my favourite F1 track, I want it to have a more accurate version.

Sounds great about Interlagos... Would update include adverts 2012 standard? (Pirelli, UBS,LG etc) :)
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

gp2hbsl wrote:
rremedio wrote:After Lime Rock is ready, the chicane can be added. Adding the chicane now would produce too much duplicated work when adding the graphics.

Sounds great about Interlagos... Would update include adverts 2012 standard? (Pirelli, UBS,LG etc) :)
I'm not sure yet, but probably yes. I want to upgrade the trackside objects, cause most of them are just wrong. Then updating the adverts should be easy. But keeping everything as they were in 1999 is also an option if I have too much time issues.

Anyway, there's a big chance that the start/finish line will be moved to the back straight for 2013 and Antonio and me will both want to have it updated in GP2 too. So sooner or later we'll get an up to date Interlagos.
Early 90s F1 forever!
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Sounds great. Maybe I should install a new clean GP2 and just update the tracks and the cars up to season 2012 (someday....).
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Yesterday I've made some editing on John Edwards Donington Park so we can drive the National circuit. I've just cuted the GP section and added the chicane. The ccline fits well and I just changed the final part. Now I just need to get rid of some bugs caused by the layout change and the moving of the pitlane entrace. So maybe I'll send to Andreas later today. It's not a very accurate work, I think, but it will give us one more track option.
Early 90s F1 forever!
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Post by eky78 »

OhOh! That sounds really great! =D> In that chicane I've seen a lot of crashes in BTCC (expecially thanks to two stupid pile of wheels on the side of the road)

I've never notice a lot of errors in Interlagos (maybe only the cc line in the last curve before entering the pit). Anyway an update is always welcome
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

eky78 wrote:OhOh! That sounds really great! =D> In that chicane I've seen a lot of crashes in BTCC (expecially thanks to two stupid pile of wheels on the side of the road)

I've never notice a lot of errors in Interlagos (maybe only the cc line in the last curve before entering the pit). Anyway an update is always welcome
Yes, that's nothing really wrong with the track, specially when you think all the data is from original GP2 and they didn't have satellite pictures or GPS to get that data. It's more like a personsal wish to have a more accurate version.

I have sent Donington National to AAS. I hope you guys like it, but keep in mind it was a quick 'n dirty job.

Another good news is that some days ago I decided to make a simple track I did not plan to make before. It's El Pinar, in Uruguay. So I've made the layout and ccline (which were really simple) and it was to go to the back of my priority list. But I talked about it to Antonio and he said he would make the graphics if I wanted. Of course I've said yes and Antonio, the fastest working man in GP2 history, has almost completed the job in a few days. I can't say when he will have it completely finished, but you guys can expect another nice little track coming for GP2 in the near future.
Early 90s F1 forever!
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

El Pinar is ready :mrgreen:
And I sent to Andreas early today.
The scenary is simple, not really difficult to do.

Ribeirão Preto (your city), also is ready. Maybe in future they'll build a permanent race track in Ribeirão, and probably the track will be known as "Goat's Mouth International Raceway" 8) If they build it in real-life, will be made a GP2 version also!

(There is 7 tracks "in progress" here in my machine: Milwaukee 95% done, Baltimore 2012 needing a lot of scenary, Austin needing objects and scenary, Balcarce in Argentina, Dakar in Senegal, Zhuhai in China and Modello Park in Ireland)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Antonio Pessoa wrote:Maybe in future they'll build a permanent race track in Ribeirão, and probably the track will be known as "Goat's Mouth International Raceway"
With pink fences...hahahahha
Early 90s F1 forever!