A new track ?

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
TdK
GP2 Pro

Re: A new track ?

Post by TdK »

Looks very good :P :P =D>
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
Edgars Erix
GP2 Gamer

Post by Edgars Erix »

Yea! Looks astonishing!
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

HF wrote:Well, looks nice! Is that MWi's 2006 ChampCarset?
MWi, yes
2006, no

It's the 2005 carset. :wink:
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

To TdK's Sentul track: I didn't download it yet, but I definitively will! All I can say for now is that it looks well made, I especially like the palm trees! And the tarmac looks good! ;-)

Which was the the track again, where the A1GP cars had those difficulties to come through the corner? Was that Sentul? Btw: Now we need a A1GP-carset!

-------------------------------------------------------------

To AAS' track: I could imagine some Cobras, Mustangs, Corvettes etc. racing there! That would be awesome! It simply has a beautiful scenery. Are there more of such (special & beautiful) circuits to come?
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

V12-Power wrote: Btw: Now we need a A1GP-carset!
Are you dealing with one? Mybe I can do if nobody wants to. I just have some spare time I need to fill :wink:

ADDITION: Just read many about the A1GP. question is how to make a set.... Maybe 2 Sets with totally 22 teams..... I don't know. I wait for your ideas!
Last edited by HF on 12.12.2007, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: More infos added....
- . -
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

V12-Power wrote:Which was the the track again, where the A1GP cars had those difficulties to come through the corner?
That was the Chinese Street Circuit in Beijing. The hairpin they made was to sharp to get round at.... :lol: :P
It was the first and last time they raced there :roll: :lol: :lol:

(So it wasn't Sentul for sure..., I’m glad the tarmac is appreciated now 8) \:D/ )
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

argh, can't post the text i want, stupid bug! ](*,) .... please read next one ](*,)
Last edited by TdK on 12.12.2007, 19:32, edited 4 times in total.
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Andreas, your track is awesome!! The scenery is perfect. =D>

And maybe not many people notice or know this, but; The far-sight views are fantastic!

It's hard to get them good looking as yours. (As I can say and know as a track-builder =P~ :wink: :lol: )
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

V12-Power wrote:Btw: Now we need a A1GP-carset!
YES !!!
V12-Power wrote: I could imagine some Cobras, Mustangs, Corvettes etc. racing there! That would be awesome!
Yes,that would be cool.
V12-Power wrote:It simply has a beautiful scenery.
Thank you.
V12-Power wrote:Are there more of such (special & beautiful) circuits to come?
Ideas - yes,
real plans - not yet
HF wrote:Mybe I can do if nobody wants to. I just have some spare time I need to fill :wink:
That would be great
HF wrote:Just read many about the A1GP. question is how to make a set.... Maybe 2 Sets with totally 22 teams..... I don't know. I wait for your ideas!
:-k
22 Teams. Every Team with two driver.
The top teams in the first carset.
The other teams in the second set.
Additional GP2edit Team Files - Every player can select the teams for his own game.
TdK wrote:Andreas, your track is awesome!! The scenery is perfect. =D>
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
TdK wrote: And maybe not many people notice or know this, but; The far-sight views are fantastic!
I fought some hours with the far-sight views.
Some objects changed their position several times, before the views were bug-free.

@TDK : Did you see the small sky-blue horizon ?
I found no better solution for the black-horizon-bug.
Jam ID's 32 and 116 are inserted. But there is still the black horizon.
Perhaps because the track is too long :-k
Ideas ?
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

Another track from another track-builder !!!!!!!!!!! \:D/

TK has still no InterNet connection at home.
But he reads the news in our Forum.

San Jose - USA
ImageImage
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I already tested San Jose and Westsand Road now. I'm sorry I didn't try out Sentul yet, guess I will do that at least tomorrow!

I like the high speed corners at Westsand Road, it's a circuit that makes fun! In the races I had some problems with overtaking, but that was during the first laps. In some fast corners there drove a bunch of cars, so I couldn't pass. But I don't think that this is negative!

San Jose is a superb circuit. If TK didn't mention that the periphery is not 100% realistic, I would never have noticed. On a F1 track I probably would have noticed. But I anyhow, the buildings look good! And racing there makes fun as well. Although the lap is very short.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

It's a very good track as it's the first one! =D> And San Jose is a nice track to start with! \:D/ Great to see a new track builder around! =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :P
Last edited by TdK on 14.12.2007, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

AAS wrote: @TDK : Did you see the small sky-blue horizon ? I found no better solution for the black-horizon-bug.
Jam ID's 32 and 116 are inserted. But there is still the black horizon. Perhaps because the track is too long :-k
Ideas ?
I've noticed the small sky horizon. [I always exanimate other people tracks... :-$ ] :lol: , Normally when you make a track and don't have heights, and do have a horizon jam file you don't have any problems. But, I’ve you insert heights, which you normally do, and you got an 32 and 116 jam installed it sometimes still gives black partials on the horizon, or a black horizontal strip in the shape of a very wide v. Like about 160 degrees. Especially in the rear-view mirrors.

Sometimes I helps to change the start altitude of the track. (in the track config.-screen). Usually this helps to remove black parts coming above the horizon jam textures. Normally I deal with this by inserting scenery in a certain way, or placing objects, trees or some in front of a black visible part, just to cover up, or adjusting the horizon height.
In common I don't experience much problems with this. [-o<

But for your track, with no horizon texture, this is the best solution. You always need a horizon jam with textures 512 till 519 to make the black lines go away. :-"
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

I'm making real good progress on the Salzburgring track. Only camera's and a Full 100% race to go, and some final bug fixes and it's ready to go... \:D/

Will be done within 10 days or so. :-" 8) :-s

I don't know if i want to insert track banking into the track, which in real-life is there. It's a pitty it only affects the player's car... :cry:

Well, a screenshot from some scenery. The tracks also contains some nice far-view which turned out nicely... 8) :-"
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

TdK wrote:I don't know if i want to insert track banking into the track, which in real-life is there. It's a pitty it only affects the player's car... :cry:
What's track banking?
- . -