A new track ?

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
ClassicF1fan
GP2 Newbie

Re: A new track ?

Post by ClassicF1fan »

Thanks Michael,

That's a truly fantastic version of the Phoenix circuit, and the carset is great too. \:D/

However, when I try to play with the fat tires I run into this problem.

download/file.php?id=880&mode=view

I copied the tire jams manually into the gamejams file as suggested, but it does not seem to alter anything. Any suggestions? :?

NEVER MIND - I caught my simple mistake and seem to have fixed the problem. :oops:
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

Coming soon. Can anyone recognize?
Attachments
GP2_4553N.PNG
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Post by eky78 »

any clue?
Aerond
GP2 Starter

Post by Aerond »

Mmmh, Assen??
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

ClassicF1fan wrote:Thanks Michael,

That's a truly fantastic version of the Phoenix circuit, and the carset is great too. \:D/

However, when I try to play with the fat tires I run into this problem.

download/file.php?id=880&mode=view

I copied the tire jams manually into the gamejams file as suggested, but it does not seem to alter anything. Any suggestions? :?

NEVER MIND - I caught my simple mistake and seem to have fixed the problem. :oops:
Sorry for the very very late answer but i hadn't seen your message.

you must put the fat tires .jam files in /gamejams but not in your carset with gp2edit.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

RodrigoVP wrote:rremedio,

I saw a couple of pages back that you were finishing Oulton Park, may i ask you when you expect to release it?

abraços!
Somehow I missed this question before...

The Oulton Park situation is a bit odd. It is 2-5 days from completion, but I don't see myself being able to finish it anytime soon (it's been that way since 2012). It just needs 2-4 more buildings, some stands and a few other objects. It also needs some bugfixes in the scenery (hills and trees), some cleanup of testing objects that don't belong to the track and some camera work. I would gladly release it without the missing objects but I think the bugs are too big.

I guess the best solution is to give myself a deadline. Like, if I don't finish it in two months, I will release it as-is.

And of course, if someone wants to finish it I would send them the track since at this point I really have no hopes of returning to track building in a solid way.

Here is a small video for you guys, so you can see the many bugs by yourselves. Anyway, the track is a blast to drive.

"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

So yesterday I spent some time trying to complete Oulton Park. I finished a not very realistic pit building and added some fence and trackside graphics, and some marshal houses. I tried to fix the bugs using TDK's amazing 0xd0 tutorial which helped a lot, but there are some bugs that I have not been able to fix. I also tried to improve pit entry and exit and they are much better now, but there are still some ugly bugs in those parts. I also spent a lot of time moving the cameras so they would hide some bugs, just to notice a missing jam was causing the black horizon bug and no camera moving was needed.

Sometime later this week I will try another round of bug-fixing.
Early 90s F1 forever!
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Post by eky78 »

Well...the track is already great as it is...can't see any big bug...
Have you made the Island layout aswell? the one used by the BTCC

Any news about "old" tracks like Potrero or Baltimore?
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

The worst bugs are fixed now and I don't want to add more details. So it will be ready to release very soon. Making the Island layout will take a few hours, but I will only do it once the rest of the track is ready because it would mean double work if I want to make changes in the full track.

I'd love to see Potrero ready but it would take months to make it decent at least, so I don't know if it will ever happen. If I give up completely, I will post the unfinished files here.

I don't remember ever working on a Baltimore track, sounds like Antonio's thing :mrgreen:

BTW, I found some interesting files in my pile of junk: they are layout changes with cclines to TDK's Salzburgring tracks. 2 versions (1 chicane and no chicanes). It needs some fixes on the scenery around the deleted chicanes and the ccline is a bit too much on the edges, but they are very driveable.
Early 90s F1 forever!
bb49
GP2 Newbie

Post by bb49 »

I know this is a bit of old news, but I am greatful to AAS for the updated desert track raceway! Always loved the track height there!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Oulton Park Island is almost ready. I will try to finish it this weekend.

I have an itch to also make to motorcycle and the classic layouts, but I will let them for the future.
Early 90s F1 forever!
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Post by eky78 »

Happy to hear that... Thank you! :D
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

A guest track maker is adding some touches to Oulton Park :mrgreen:

Meanwhile, I revisited an old project.

Early 90s F1 forever!
gp2hbsl
GP2 Starter

Post by gp2hbsl »

rremedio wrote:A guest track maker is adding some touches to Oulton Park :mrgreen:

Meanwhile, I revisited an old project.

It could look like a rather modern Spa with these red/yellow barriers and curbs.... Perhaps a 2016 update of Spa..? :D
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

gp2hbsl wrote:It could look like a rather modern Spa with these red/yellow barriers and curbs.... Perhaps a 2016 update of Spa..? :D
2015! :mrgreen:
Early 90s F1 forever!