A new track ?

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
MaxD
GP2 Starter

Re: A new track ?

Post by MaxD »

I think it's also Estoril

BUT for some reason, looking at the angle of those cars approaching and going through that chicane, part of me says thats the 1994 spec Spa Francorchamps with the Eau Rouge chicane...
Probably wrong on that though...
"There's nothing wrong with the car in front except that it's on fire!!!!!!!!!!!"
Murray Walker
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Estoril would be a great choice for a new track.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

I'd also be willing to bet on Estoril, unless it's some out of left field track I'm not familiar with. ;-) The picture at the top could be the long, Parabolica-esque corner at the end, the other one would then obviously be the chicane they put in for 1994 as part of the ongoing "somewhat off-putting layout changes in the name of safety" meme...
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Yeah that '94 chicane was horrible, really broke up the flow of the track. A real shame as I always considered Estoril one of the better tracks, the first few turns were properly quick.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

=D>

Indeed it's Estoril! It's done, and on his way to AAS.

Maybe some of you will be dissapointed, because it is in it's current layout, so with new pit exit, 1st and 2nd corner, and with that nasty uphill chicane... :P
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

At times I astound meself \:D/
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Any chance that anyone's been looking at Bucharest? Or Marrakech or Beijing?

We need more street circuits!!! And what about San Luis in Argentina, the race around a volcanic lake?? The Bathurst of South America??

And also, how come the most modern Spa-Franchorchamps is 2001????? Why not 2007!!!
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
canon1753
GP2 Newbie

Post by canon1753 »

Looks like several changes for 2010 F1- the new South Korean track and a shorter/new Silverstone variation.
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

It's not exactly the layout they seem to be going for now, but since this Silverstone revision has been in the pipeline for years, the somewhat fictional Silverstone 2003 by John Edwards (and updated by our very own AAS) gives a pretty good idea of what the changes actually being made for 2010 could look like.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

jakesanson wrote: And what about San Luis in Argentina, the race around a volcanic lake?? The Bathurst of South America??
You're talking about Potrero de los Funes, near San Luis (San Luis is another track). I've been slowly working on it for a while.
jakesanson wrote:And also, how come the most modern Spa-Franchorchamps is 2001????? Why not 2007!!!
I guess the trackmakers have the right to choose the tracks they work on, as they are not paid for their work...
Early 90s F1 forever!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Can't wait for San Luis, it's an awesome looking track. Glad to see it's back on the GT schedule for 2010. Who knows, there might be the relevant carset to drive on it by then...
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

rremedio wrote:I guess the trackmakers have the right to choose the tracks they work on, as they are not paid for their work...
I didn't mean to be critical, I just find it strange that the most incredible circuit in Formula One hasn't been given the GP2 revamp since 2001. If I could build ciruits I'd do it myself, but it's just no use.

Glad to hear your working on that circuit!! Looking at your past works, Potrero de los Funes should be spectacular!!

Has anyone considered Marrakech, Beijing or Bucharest? All could be awesome GP2 circuits.
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

jakesanson wrote:I didn't mean to be critical, I just find it strange that the most incredible circuit in Formula One hasn't been given the GP2 revamp since 2001. If I could build ciruits I'd do it myself, but it's just no use.
I understand that Spa and some other F1 tracks need a revamp. But I'm happy with GP2 trackmakers bringing more variety of tracks to GP2 in their releases rather than moving their focus to F1 tracks.
jakesanson wrote:Glad to hear your working on that circuit!! Looking at your past works, Potrero de los Funes should be spectacular!!

Has anyone considered Marrakech, Beijing or Bucharest? All could be awesome GP2 circuits.
Sadly my version of Potrero de los Funes will take a long time to be finished. The scenery is very complex and it's not my priority at this moment.

I've once considered making Bucharest, but I dropped it cause I think it's layout is boring. I feel the same for the other two tracks. But I'm sure they will come up in the future.
Early 90s F1 forever!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

rremedio wrote:I've once considered making Bucharest, but I dropped it cause I think it's layout is boring. I feel the same for the other two tracks. But I'm sure they will come up in the future.
I think that's the big deal with trackmaking, the trackmaker should like the track itself to, or otherwise it's no fun working on it. Some time ago i really wanted to make Mondello Park - Ireland. But there is no overtaking opportunity on that track (for F1/Gp2 cars, i made a beta version with only layout and cc-line), so nice layout, but very boring races... So no use making it. :|
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I've sent a new fictional track to Andreas. It was one of the tracks I was making for my fantasy pack. I did put some graphics on it just to see how it would look and decided to finish it.

There is nothing to "personal" on its graphics, it looks like a regular ordinary track. But I like its layout a lot.

It's inspired in Spa and Osterreichring. It's not as fast as those tracks but it's fun. I think is a track that would fit in real F1 without being boring.
Early 90s F1 forever!