A new track ?

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Re: A new track ?

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

=D>
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

\:D/

Although to be fair, how many European oval tracks are there...
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Andreas, i've seen that the new NL² carset is on the site!

But, didn't you get any tracks recently :wink: :D
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

TdK wrote:But, didn't you get any tracks recently :wink: :D
YES! And one of them.... no two of them are ready for download now.
Very nice rollercoaster ride. :D

And A BIG thank you for the National Circuit. =D>
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

AAS wrote:And A BIG thank you for the National Circuit. =D>
Your Welcome. Somehow it's a good track to drive. Even for F1 :)
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Thank you for the updated Zandvoort, TDK. It's the best circuit to drive in GP2. Even if it's not that exciting in real life.

I did have another HD crash and I've lost all my recent work. But I still have all my old unfinished files.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

Some comments about Westsand Road track (AAS, rremedio). (I've been testing tracks from last years that has been made) I like the layoyt and it's fun to drive. The track is very well done, especially graphics and objects :shock: The track has narrowest main straight I've seen, cars barely fit in their starting position :D PO shows 600-800% in the end of that very long straight from track-side camera! GP2 was cpu demanding game when I had P166 MHz and yet it is today :) - of course view distance and no. objects affects - although running without dosbox everything runs (too) fast).

There is (surprisingly :roll: ) reason why i'm commenting the track and that is I have made similarly styled western track but never quite finished it - it's about 90-95% done. After seeing your track, my track seems outdated, at least what comes to trackside textures (like cactuses in your track, couldn't be better). I was going to send the track to this site after finishing it, but I'm wondering now should I do improvements to the graphics. I'll propably end up leaving it way it is and just finish the track :) I may send some pictures of the track (maybe in thread: fictious track(s) from the past).
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

you should make your track(s) in your own style. Image

but if you want you can use textures or object from every track I made.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I need to come back to Westsand and improve that ccline...I'm not happy with the layout in some corners also.

It was one of my earlier tracks and It could be a lot better.

Anyway, it looks fantastic with all AAS's amazing graphic work.

About your question, I don't see anything wrong when you see a texture you think should fit your track and use it. I do it all the time. Just give the authors the credit.
Early 90s F1 forever!
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

That is right (AAS). I like to make the tracks completely with my own stuff. This track of mine is all based on my ideas and graphics (well, except style/ idea :) I let the graphics be, this track has consumed too much time anyway :) And the look of the track will be at least different eventhough the style is similar. I started to making this track in 2000-1 according to jam file dates and made some changes later in few years ago, cause wasn't satisfied - and seems that what comes to this track I won't completely be :) Thanks anyway of possibility using your textures :D
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

@rremedio: So that was the "division of labour" (with two authors of the track :)

I think the track is fine. I've noticed in track editing that there is always seem to be things that could be improved when you make tracks (like layout etc.) after you think it's finished.

CC-line of your track has some parts where it goes quite wide on kerbs, but still very drivable.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I've had the idea (base on the terrible movie Joshua Tree or something like that), made the layout and the ccline.

Andreas did create all the graphics and finished the ccline on the main straight becouse I was a bit lazy when I've made it. :D

I don't like the ccline, but the real problem I think is that the track has a lot of similar corners and it make it a little boring to drive.

I think it all should improved to match Andrea's fantastic work and then we would have a fantastic track.

Anyway, I think it's normal becouse I've driven on it a thousand times. :D

Regards
Early 90s F1 forever!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

rremedio wrote:Thank you for the updated Zandvoort, TDK. It's the best circuit to drive in GP2. Even if it's not that exciting in real life.
Thank You! I personally love Zandvoort too, for a drive in Gp2, but also in real-life, but that's because i'm Dutch i think... :mrgreen:
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

Absolutely amazing the newest Zandvoort circuit :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
canon1753
GP2 Newbie

Post by canon1753 »

I'm a little late, but the Sanair oval is fantastic. That is one of the tracks closest to me. I saw my first CART race live there (1986) and some great short track stock car races there.