A new track ?

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Re: A new track ?

Post by Peze »

deMeadville wrote:Thank You Sir Peze! "You da man!"
hahahaa
Still, just Peze without prefixes :D
deMeadville
GP2 Newbie

Post by deMeadville »

Ok Belo :)
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Post by eky78 »

After being away from here for some time, so nice to see a lot of new good stuff! \:D/
I've found beautiful Florianopolis and Punta del Este. Great work also on Brno and San José tracks!

About american tracks, anybody planning to do Streets of Baltimore Indy track or the new Edmonton layout?
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

Hi guys! :mrgreen:

I'm back.

I'm working in Baltimore IndyCar street circuit, since 2011!
Last weekend I changed the GP2 track layout of Baltimore, to create the 2012 layout, including the tight chicane in the main straight.

Edmonton Airport 2011-2012 layout I'm planning, but I didn't start any work on it. Is in my list of future works.

Austin is in my list of possible tracks to do in the far future, but I'll ask TK or AAS if they are planning something about the new Texan circuit. I think they are better trackmakers than me to create Formula One tracks for GP2.

Trois-Rivières in Canada is ready.
Tim de Klein's Zhuhai, released by him at this forum when his retirement few years ago, I'm working on the scenary.
There is work in progress in a European current Formula One circuit, together with Thomas Kost.

(Good news: Someone is working in Portimão and Slovakiaring. And it's not me...)

And one of my next works will be a 70's track in a new country for GP2... this nation got his 1st win in Formula One this season.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Mexico :?:
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

Awesome job !
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Post by eky78 »

Well, the track I think it's in Venezuela!
Curious about that european track...only tracks needing updates are Monaco, Silverstone and Spa! A new Spa would be awesome!
Nice idea to have both 2011 and 2012 Baltimore GP! :)

Can't wait to see those works!! \:D/
deMeadville
GP2 Newbie

Post by deMeadville »

\:D/ And Austin Please! \:D/
IDdrivers
GP2 Newbie

Post by IDdrivers »

how about Lippo Street Circuit(Indonesia)? rFactor version for Lippo Karawaci Curcuit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8YKE8s2 ... re=related
Attachments
Lippo Karawaci Street Circuit Lay out
Lippo Karawaci Street Circuit Lay out
SUPPORT RIO HARYANTO.RIO HARYANTO GOES TO F1 Image
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Well, a small update on some tracks being developed:

Caruarú - Antonio has kindly agreed to finish it and the track is on his hands now. But he says there's no release date becouse he's very busy. Anyways, it's good news becouse it would take much longer if I was to finish it by myself. It's the most important of the missing brazilian tracks.

Cascavel - I've put my data on AAS track (I believe the layout and ccline of his track need improvement) and Antonio have fixed most bugs caused by the data change. After I fix the remaining bugs, I will make a new version with the new 2012 layout (with enlargered track and moved finish line position).

Potrero de los Funes - I'm thinking about erase part of the work already done (scenery - ribbons and stuff) becouse I'm not happy with them. So it will take even longer than it would already take.

Oulton Park - I did not touch it for more than a year and maybe I will wait until Funes is finished. But if someone wants to finish it, I would be very happy. It's a nice track and deserves a good GP2 version (after it's done, I will add the International and the Club layouts as well as historical versions).

Fictional tracks - 2 of them are almost finished, the third is also on the way, but as they are fictional they get no priority. There's also some other tracks on my hd with layouts and cclines, but I don't know if I will ever finish them.

I know there's a lot of expectation for modern F1 tracks which need updates, but sometimes the trackmakers rather work on something new than updating F1 tracks. I hope you guys understand this. And I'm sure someone will update them, eventually, and the long wait will be well paid.

Lippo Street Circuit is not my kind of track, but making the layout and ccline should be easy, so if someone else says he would make the graphical part, I could help with the layout and ccline (in fact, I could do it for any track you want). The fact is that we are very few trackmakers now.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

@AAS: Maybe you remember, I had a problem with 0xc5 command on my Guaporé track, which I couldn't solve. The same happened now when Antonio used 0xc5 on Caruaru. I've found out that contrary to the tutorial, values 3968 and 3978 are not safe (at least they were not for those 2 tracks), but changing the values with hex editor to 8064 and 8074 rescued the tracks (had to load and save them in the TE after the hex editing to get the correct checksums and GP2 accept the tracks). Maybe you should add that information to the tutorial.
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I've just checked the new tracks. Vila do Conde is a beauty! Trois Rivieres and Caruarú are slow tracks, but very nice too. When I've sent the Caruarú files to Antonio, the track was completely naked, in 10 days he has made all those graphics. The guy is a monster :mrgreen: Thank you very much!!

And it's nice to see an update for Lime Rock, one of my favourite USA tracks. @Andreas: any chance for a bigger update if I correct the ccline and the height changes?
Early 90s F1 forever!
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

@Antonio,
thank you for all the new tracks, very great work. =D>

rremedio wrote: And it's nice to see an update for Lime Rock, one of my favourite USA tracks. @Andreas: any chance for a bigger update if I correct the ccline and the height changes?
YES!!!
gp2hbsl
GP2 Starter

Post by gp2hbsl »

AAS wrote:@Antonio,
thank you for all the new tracks, very great work. =D>

rremedio wrote: And it's nice to see an update for Lime Rock, one of my favourite USA tracks. @Andreas: any chance for a bigger update if I correct the ccline and the height changes?
YES!!!
That sounds great :D You're doing a really fine job in making tracks for teh GP2 community, thanks a lot... :)
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

After several weeks or months of no new releases it's always nice to see new tracks or updates at least:) Great work rremedio, Antonio and Andreas!
rremedio wrote:Vila do Conde is a beauty!
Yep :D