A new track ?

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Re: A new track ?

Post by Peze »

It's no rally track ;) It's based on a real track which had no track sidelines. And there is one who knows the track for good reason :) If someone knows the track, I may send another picture :D

@V12-Power:
I hope it will be soon ready. There's always seem to be something new to edit, but hopefully not much anymore.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I know :twisted:

Andreas, thank you very much for you work with Halle Saale Schleife...it's GPL in GP2! =D>
Peze wrote:I've checked some new tracks lately, and they're solid work.

Sachsenring and Halle-Saale-Schleife, great tracks, and again great textures, thank you Andreas.

And also thank you to Antonio and Roberto for those Brazilian tracks, well made. And my knowldege about your tracks has increased, not just the Interlagos anymore :)

And Curitiba, finally :) Layout, cc-lines, textures.. great work Roberto!
Thank you Petri! There are more to come...someday...
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Mad_Troyden
GP2 Starter

Post by Mad_Troyden »

This is great that a lot of new tracks coming into GP2 :wink:
So, I wonder why you don't make an F1 track.
There is some new tracks in F1:Korea,India, and some old tracks need to update:Spa,Suzuka,Montreal(making it more F1 :wink: ),Monaco(maybe).
And on site of another Russian GP2-fan and track-maker Alex Cherkashin I found two updated tracks:Sakhir and Silverstone.
silverstone_2011.zip
(200.12 KiB) Downloaded 479 times
bah2010.zip
(81.51 KiB) Downloaded 478 times
In Silverstone we need to copy and paste pitlane and finish straight to original f1 place.
In Bahrain we need to make height right.
I anymore working on new tracks? [-o<
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

rremedio wrote:I know :twisted:
Ok, that means another picture then :) For everyone else about the track: this is Roberto's unfinished track which I began to finish it in autumn (is it over half year already?). I've done for the track less important things like scenery, objects & textures.

It's been a place for F1 races, but there haven't been F1 races on this great track ;)
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

V12-Power wrote:Nice idea to do a carset with these old GDR racingcars. I think the carshape looks very realistic and can't be done better for GP2. I didn't know all teams used the same chassis, I rather thought that everyone who participated built a car on his own. Wikipedia says they had a Lada engine and a Wartburg gearbox, that sounds not really fast. So these cars probably didn't go over 300 km/h as in the video, did they? All in all a great carset, thumbs up for it! :yes:
Thank you. :D

The MT 77 has won almost all national championships and several times the "Pokal für Frieden und Freundschaft der Sozialistischen Länder" - Formel-Easter. Most of the drivers in the carset drove a MT77 sometime.
I think the MT77 shape is the best choice for this set.

Maximum speed 265 km/h is realistic. Not over 300 km/h as in the video and the carset.
I'm not a expert for GP2 performances. Therefore I have used the settings from original GP2.
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

:o absolutely brilliant
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

AAS wrote: The MT 77 has won almost all national championships and several times the "Pokal für Frieden und Freundschaft der Sozialistischen Länder" - Formel-Easter. Most of the drivers in the carset drove a MT77 sometime.
I think the MT77 shape is the best choice for this set.

Maximum speed 265 km/h is realistic. Not over 300 km/h as in the video and the carset.
I'm not a expert for GP2 performances. Therefore I have used the settings from original GP2.
New things to learn. And 265 km/h with Lada-Wartburg combination, that is fast :D
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

Thank you AAS and all for the comments about the track. And here is the another picture:
Attachments
pic2.jpg
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

OMG, this is awesome Peze!

This doesn`t look like familiar GP2 anymore, this is a new level =D> Your previous tracks where also awesome in scenery, but this is amazing!
nimrod111
GP2 Gamer

Post by nimrod111 »

It reminds me GP Legends! :o =D>
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

This is GP4 level quality awesome man I vote for you to make new tracks from now =D> :wink:
Life Racing Engines
GP2 Newbie

Post by Life Racing Engines »

Unbelievable pictures from Peze :shock: , interesting to see that track.
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

Thanks again for the comments. But biggest thanks goes to rremedio, without him this track wouldn't exist. And it is convenient to start (or continue) editing when layout, pits or heights are already (well) done.

Comparison to GPL or GP3/4 may be an exaggaration:) GP2 has less colors and resolution to achieve anything similar. But sure it's one of the motivations for me to try push the limits of this old game.
RacerBG wrote:This is GP4 level quality awesome man I vote for you to make new tracks from now =D> :wink:
So my previous works wouldn't qualify? Just kidding :D

Hopefully there will be many other track makers to keep things alive. And to drive them: if there would be only original tracks, GP2 racing would be very minimal or none to me. And I dont' use my own works after they finished (how about other track makers?), I prefer to drive a track of others that I haven't spend dozens of hours with it :D
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

The colors or the resolution arent problem with DOSBOX are perfect :wink: If you have a talent you can make perfect tracks even in F1GP, I hope you understand what I mean :)
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

Long time without posting here, but the quality of this track is awesome :o