rremedio's website and thread

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
ismael
GP2 Racer

Re: rremedio's website and thread

Post by ismael »

Running GP2limit in DosBOX and appears this:

path not found in module gp2limit at address 018b:0123

It's Win 8.1, running as administrator does nothing.

What could I do? Thanks
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

It won't work without DosBox. You need to make sure you are using the correct path with GP2Limit in DosBox. Or you can use the Slot and Tyres Editor 4 beta direct from Windows for the same effect (go to the Misc tab and use the GP2Limit feature).
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

As one might guess, the recent Singapore GP was the reason for me to remind that I still hadn't solved my issue with file size limit and GP2Limit.

Now I've already done a couple of laps at Marina Bay, track by Thomas Kost and Tim de Klein, a lovely job with a night track in GP2! Very likely to included in my future gaming too. Next ones are Abu Dhabi and some others requiring a file size increase.

Again, thank you all!
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

I just noticed the version 4 (above) of the slot and tire editor. I already downloaded 1.1 but i was having problems getting it to start with wine. Will this version 4 need the same things to work?
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

It won't but it has the whole Ruby interpreter bundled into it so I think chances are slim that it would work on wine.
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

My site needed to be updated so it wouldn't stop working because of changes in the technology supported by the server. It was possible to replace the database access code and keep the site mostly unchanged but replacing the old syntax with the new one was proving very annoying for me and I didn't have much free time. So I made a new quick site today. It is much uglier than the old one and it doesn't have all the same features (like individual pages for each download...I may add those back eventually...and the useless blog) but at least it is much simpler to deal with.

I added all the old downloads to the new version and I hope to add the missing downloads (tracks and tools that I released here in the forums, but they never made it to the site, and most of them never made it to grandprix2.de either) by the weekend.

I really don't have much free time right now (and that site doesn't get many visits anyway). Eventually, I hope to get the old grid layout for the file lists back, and some sort of responsiveness.

http://caccere.herokuapp.com
Early 90s F1 forever!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

It looks like not as "funky" as modern sites, but I don`t think that is necessary. I like the design and finding the stuff works fast and easy. =D>

Updating a homepage is truly tedious and many hours run into such a project :D
peke12
GP2 Newbie

Post by peke12 »

I get a positive threat detection from Windows defender every time I start up Slot & tyre editor 4.
it creates a file rubyw.exe in my %temp% folder.
The folder disappears when I close the program again.
Is this something you are aware of? Should I be worried?
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

peke12 wrote:
27.01.2021, 17:56
I get a positive threat detection from Windows defender every time I start up Slot & tyre editor 4.
it creates a file rubyw.exe in my %temp% folder.
The folder disappears when I close the program again.
Is this something you are aware of? Should I be worried?
No, this is a false positive.

The program is written in Ruby which is an interpreted language, meaning that for it to work you would need to have Ruby installed on your system (much like Java, for instance). In order for not to require you to do that, the program comes with Ruby packaged in the program file. When you run it, it will extract Ruby to a temporary folder and run it in order for you to be able to use the program.

Unfortunately, similar methods are used for some threats (extracting executable files to temporary folders) and some anti-viruses and other security programs won't like it.
Early 90s F1 forever!
peke12
GP2 Newbie

Post by peke12 »

OK. Good to know what it is.
It is indeed a red flag for many antivirusses if a program extracts an exe.
But in this case, I will make an exception in the settings.
Thanks for the explanation. O:)