Slots and Tyres Editor 4.21 beta

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Slots and Tyres Editor 4.21 beta

Post by rremedio »

Hi, guys!

I updated the program and I think it is time for a more organized topic.

Current features include:
- Magic Data Editor
- Physics Editor
- Tyre Performance Editor
- Overall Difficulty Level Editor
- Human Grip
- GP2Limit
- Session Duration and Number of simultaneous cars in non-race sessions limit
- Pit Stop Patch (NEW!)
- Experimental Saved Game Editor (NEW!)
- GP2Lap Track Manager (NEW!)

The README file has a general guide to all features. It needs to be replaced by a more comprehensive help file. This will happen eventually.

Next versions will be focused on stability. Next planned features are the missing saved game stuff and a way to load a full season file that can update everything at once.

Download Here!

==================================================
Not a Roadmap (improvements I'm working on)

Probably on next version:
- Improve the "Remove Refueling" code after suggestion from René Smith
- Add ability to save and load cfg files with different names in the Track Manager
- Add ability to change number of laps in qualifying

On a (maybe not so) near version
- Enable Computer Cars Pit Strategies and Car Failure Probabilities widgets in the Saved Games tab
- Fix strange behaviour in the Saved Games popup widgets
- Fix undesired behaviour in some buttons (like clicking Export in the Track Manager by accident before you import any data, which will remove all tracks from gp2lap.cfg)
- Add a real manual
- Add the ability to load settings for Magic Data, Physics, Misc and (maybe) Track Manager values at once from a single file. Add the ability to export all these values in a single click.

Probably will take a while...
- "Human Grip" has a small influence in CC performance. This is not desired
- Review some Physics factors which are not very useful right now. Add more factors that could be useful
- Rebuild the whole interface
Last edited by rremedio on 01.02.2017, 08:19, edited 3 times in total.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Aerond
GP2 Starter

Re: Slots and Tyres Editor 4.21 beta

Post by Aerond »

Wow, thanks a lot!

I'd like to ask for a readme feature, which is to indicate some guide values for each of the parts of the editor, so as not to edit something completely in the dark and save users from lots of trial & error time
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Yeah, it really lacks it.

As stated above, a help file is in the works, but I don't know when it will be completed. The current README file explains all the features, even if it isn't very nice to navigate and it doesn't include sample values.

You can check the original Magic Data values at http://grandprix2.de/Util/Magic/GP2_Magic_Data.htm they are good guidelines, but most values effect depend on each other, on the track file and on other things.

I'm also writing a tutorial to show how I use mostly everything in the editor, combined with other editors (like GP2Edit and GP2 Track Editor) to create realistic races.
Early 90s F1 forever!
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

Absolutely brilliant work :yes:
Aerond
GP2 Starter

Post by Aerond »

A couple of Quick Questions:

1) How does changing the max. revs affect gear ratios? I mean, if I'm on 900 bhp engines, and if I put up the revs to 18000, should I up, down or not touch the gear ratios?

2) How do you change the tyre type assignment for a track? Do you think it'll be possible in the future assign different tyre types to different CC?

Thanks for your help! The editor is awesome! \:D/
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Thanks, guys!
Aerond wrote:A couple of Quick Questions:

1) How does changing the max. revs affect gear ratios? I mean, if I'm on 900 bhp engines, and if I put up the revs to 18000, should I up, down or not touch the gear ratios?

2) How do you change the tyre type assignment for a track? Do you think it'll be possible in the future assign different tyre types to different CC?

Thanks for your help! The editor is awesome! \:D/
1 - If you are talking car setups, the same gear ratios will make the car change gears at higher speeds, but won't change the power. You will probably want lower gear ratios so you can reach the 6th gear. You can also increase Differential Final Ratio 2 (I think 2000-2300) for a quick way to keep using the same gear ratios as before on your setups. The effects of changing RPM settings have been underwhelming in my testing, so don't expect wonders.

2 - You change it by opening the track in the GP2 Track Editor, going to Edit -> CC Car Setup. There is a tyre type selector (there you can also change wings and gears). I have tried many tricks to make it possible to assign different tyre types to different ccs but I have failed so far. I have no idea if it's really possible.
Early 90s F1 forever!
Normal
GP2 Newbie

Post by Normal »

The savedgame feature seems to be unstable, as it frequently CTDs the editor. It also seems that my antivirus (AVG) seems to be detecting it as malware for no real reason.

A quick question; when will the "Car Failure Assigments" feature be ready?

Apart from that, the editor is pretty fantastic, great job!