Only tyres Pit stop and change time of pit stop for GP2

Here you can post everything that fits in the topic "GP2 Screenshots & GP2 Patcher"
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Only tyres Pit stop and change time of pit stop for GP2

Post by Michael82 »

Hi all!

I found a patch on grandprixgames.org for GP3.. and I applied this in GP2 with an hex editor.
http://www.grandprixgames.org/read.php?50,950791

All cc have full fuel in starting race in GP2 with one planned pit stop (for change tyres) like before 1994 and since 2010. (Doesn't work with 2 pit stop). Also, it's possible to reduce time of pit stop. (3 sec. like today, 5 sec. in 1992 or 15 sec. in 1984)
If you want the files contact me.
Best regards

Michael
Last edited by Michael82 on 17.08.2015, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
tlm70
GP2 Newbie

Re: Only tyres Pit stop for GP2

Post by tlm70 »

Thanks for making this patch available. I'd like to try it out ASAP. Is the maximum time for pitstops 15 seconds or can this value be hex edited for longer pit stops?
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Re: Only tyres Pit stop and change time of pit stop for GP2

Post by Michael82 »

What's ASAP? yes you can changed until 255 in decimal (FF im hexadecimal) but i don't know about the time of pit stop with this value.. You can changed the number line 0xA25F0 : 58 1B (default value) must to be changed by 01 00. 1B is the default value (8 sec.) and 00 is 2-3 sec. approximately... I don't know for the other values changed. Say me if you see another things..
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Post by eky78 »

I've tested and it should be around 1 minute...yes it's always great to find something new for this game...
tlm70
GP2 Newbie

Post by tlm70 »

What's ASAP?
As Soon As Possible...
Wow, I guess people really don't use that expression much in these modern times. And I didn't even notice there was already a link to the download. I feel so old now... :lol:

Thanks for the info. I'll play around with it and let ya' know if I find anything new.
ClassicF1fan
GP2 Newbie

Post by ClassicF1fan »

Sounds like a great feature. I've always preferred the tires only rule, like it was back in the 80's and early 90's. This might be a newbie question, but once you have the hex editor program, what file in gp2 do you edit to change the races to pit stop only?
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

You must just making changes in GP2.exe ;)
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Hey Michael!

Sorry for replying much later than I promised.

If is just changing a value, setting up a patch should be no problem. Except that some of my tools are not working anymore since I updated my system to Windows 10 lol. Once I get this solved, I will add this feature to my editor. But I also want to make a standalone patcher so you don't need the full editor for this to work.

I haven't been able test the values yet, but can you clarify something? You say you changed the value from 58 1B to 01 00 and as I understand you said that the 1B to 00 is what matters. This is not unlikely in GP2 values since the whole thing is probably a single number and the 1B is what accounts for most of it. Does changing only the 58 part produce any changes? Can you make tests with 00 01, 00 02 and 00 03 and them 00 10, 00 20 and 00 30 and post the results? That way we can make more sense of it to decide the better way to produce a patch.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

Hi Roberto!

Late answer too... sorry
It seems to me that change 58 number isn't very important. I didn't see any change during the game with your proposed values. However the number 1B match to time of pitstop and i changed this with 01 values (3 seconds approximately) and max value "FF" (More one minutes).Others values are for the fuel. I hope i was clear with my bad english..
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

Hi Michael,

great find.
Changing "xa25fa" and "xa25fb" from "58 and 1B" to "01 and 00" is easy
with an editor like "frhed".
Works great in the game.

Now I want to change the other data from the "GP3 2010 fuel/pit stop" patch
in my Gp2.exe.
Unfortunately I can't find every offset.

Please send me your files.

You wrote: (Doesn't work with 2 pit stop).
Maybe we should explain how to change this!?
- open track in TrackEditor
- click Pitlane
- click Pit Stop Strategy
- doing 1 Stop : 100% (2 Stop and 3Stop to 0%)
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

Hi Andreas!

Sorry for the bad explanations.. On this picture, you can see the offsets and the values that you must change (in red) and i surrounded in red the value of time of pitstop. Do you want that I send a modified version of gp2?
Attachments
Hex - time of pitstop.jpg
tlm70
GP2 Newbie

Post by tlm70 »

Thanks again for making this info available. It's just what I need for more realistic pitstops when using WSC carsets. I've also found out that the pitstops can be set to last much longer than one minute. Just change the values for 0xA25FB in conjunction with 0xA25FC. Right now I'm using 1F 01 for 1m14s pitstops more or less and I've kept them on a normal pitstop strategy as opposed to a one stop. I had it previously set for 2m12s but it caused problems with the cc cars. It seems that the cc cars on the same team have the same fuel laps loaded so they sometimes tend to send a car in for fuel while the pits are occupied. When one car parks behind the other car still being serviced this can sometimes block the cars of other teams trying to get into or out of the pits. If the fuel laps between cars on the same team could vary by 4 to 6 laps that could be enough to keep one car out on the track long enough for the other car to finish the pitstop. Is there any way to separately edit that data for each car on the same team?
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

Michael82 wrote:Hi Andreas!

Sorry for the bad explanations.. On this picture, you can see the offsets and the values that you must change (in red) and i surrounded in red the value of time of pitstop. Do you want that I send a modified version of gp2?
hi mate,,, i would be gratefull if you could upload in this thread a modified version of the gp2, personally speaking i am not so familiar with these codes and values and i would be gratefull if you could upload a version here to see how it is..
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

Hi!
Here it's a modified version of gp2 with 5 sec. in pit like in 90's.
Attachments
GP2 pit 5 sec (90's).rar
(656.06 KiB) Downloaded 717 times
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

After some headache, I was able to completely remove refuel from the game, so now it works with any number of pits in the race.

I also created a patcher so you don't need to use the hex editor. The problem is, I didn't notice one of the numbers Michael was changing, so it is just changing 2 of the 3 values (the missing one is the one he was changing to 00 28).

You can download the patcher here
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!