VDMSound installation problem

Smalltalk
Here you can post everything which doesn't fit into the other forums!
tecnorge3
GP2 Starter

VDMSound installation problem

Post by tecnorge3 »

I have a problem with the installation of VDMSound. When I start to install it, an error message occurs: Error 1500: Another installation is running. Please close this installation and try again.
But I have no other programs running and I feel annoyed. :evil: ](*,) Can anyone help me, please?

Cheers
AD
GP2 Acc

Re: VDMSound installation problem

Post by AD »

I've read about this before, that error coming up apparently has something to do with Windows Installer getting stuck and for whatever reason thinking there still is an update in progress which hasn't finished yet.

A common suggestion to try and fix this involves making a change to the registry, so if you feel comfortable to do that, here is one suggestion of a workaround.

The article in MS's knowledge base is a little bit more of the callcenter let's try this and that and see if you can still reproduce the error variety, but the discussion below also links to the blogpost above, and there's a bit more discussion about possible alternatives if that doesn't do anything, as well.

Maybe that can help you some of the way. :)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
tecnorge3
GP2 Starter

Post by tecnorge3 »

I'll try that, thx for your solution, AD. :)
tecnorge3
GP2 Starter

Post by tecnorge3 »

The first solution with regedit.exe doesn't work for me because I can't find the path 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Installer'. :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)