Members info - please write in!

Smalltalk
Here you can post everything which doesn't fit into the other forums!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Name: Markus Rotter
Hobbys: Computer Games, Dancing, Riding my convertible, Handy
Work: Systemadministrator - currently learning C++ programming

I play GP2 since 1996 an it still provides much more fun than all the "newer" F1-sims, thanks to the community I can almost try any year of F1 I want and that is just amazing. At work you can also win using the keyboard and this is great.

I also did works for the following games:
GP2, Indycar Racing (1 & 2), NASCAR Racing (1, 2, 3, 2001, 2003), TOCA II, Unreal Tournament (UT, UT2003, UT2004) and some other
Nebur
GP2 Newbie

Post by Nebur »

Name: Ruben Lampe
State: Limburg
Work: Student
Hobbys: Cycling, Formula 1, Soccer

Homepages:
TDMagazine.nl
Cycling Manager Benelux
GrandPrix2.de
My name is my username spelled backwards...

Jos is still the BOSS!
Rej40
GP2 Newbie

Post by Rej40 »

Name: Rej
Province: New Brunswick
Work: business student
Hobbys: GP2, Karting, Hockey (of course, i'm canadian :lol: ), Racing of any kind, music..

I first tried Grand Prix 2 at age 9 in 1996, when my friend bought it. I got it for my 10th birthday in '97 and played endlessly since. In 2002 I discovered modding and have tried my hand at creating custom cars but I am no artist :lol: I did not play much between 2004 and 2006 but this year I am planning on playing again!
Last edited by Rej40 on 05.07.2020, 22:28, edited 1 time in total.
"WD-40 and Duct Tape are all you need, if it doesent move and it should, use the WD-40. If it moves and it souldn't, use the tape."
- Unknown
mira666
GP2 Newbie

Post by mira666 »

Name: Cameron Smith
http://www.myspace.com/djmira
Hobbies: Playing traffic management sims e.g. transport Tycoon Deluxe by Chris Sawyer, Traffic Giant and Transport Giant by Jowood Productions and just starting to get back into GP2

Work: Currently unemployed but spent the last few years working for O2 Telecommunications :)

Peace out

Cam[/url]
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Transport tycoon Deluxe is great! i still play that game after over ten years!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
mira666
GP2 Newbie

Post by mira666 »

Greyhead wrote:Transport tycoon Deluxe is great! i still play that game after over ten years!
Its brilliant, have been sorting out my old bedroom after moving back home and am turning up all these old games, my mum can't get near her laptop, whats she gonna think when GP2 drops through the letter box

oh dear
mwi
GP2 Newbie

Re: Members info - please write in!

Post by mwi »

name: merten wischnewsky
work: on the way to a bachelor of science (computer sience)
hobbies: well, gp2 and gp2 and let me think over about it,...yes, gp2! :mrgreen:
starting patching gp2: since 2000

the first car i made was the toyota am01. well it was no great success but good enough to keep on working.
in summer 2006 i had to quit with gp2 because there were much more other things in my life which where more important. but finally i solved all these problems and so i'm proud to say that i'm back :D

cya
mwi
if you can't persuade somebody, try to confuse him.
Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

Hi, I'm the new one. ^^

State: Schleswig-Holstein
Work: state certified commercial assitant (in training)
Hobbys: GP2, motorsport, Fantasy Wrestling, video editing
Last edited by Klon on 28.04.2015, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Almost everyone made a post here. So i will too:

Name: Tim de Klein
Work: Audi/Volkswagen car-mechanic.
Hobby's/interests: Uhh; Gp2, general motorsport, everything that has to do with cars, electrics and computers.
Started with Gp2: Bought it in 1999, and found out about patching in 2000. Start making my own stuff in 2001, starting with carsets and separate cars. Started in 2002 with creating my own tracks, with the first one to make it to the Internet (Austraring - Austria) in 2003. The rest is well known i guess.... :wink: 8)
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
Ian
GP2 Newbie

Post by Ian »

Might as well bump this since I'm pretty sure I disappeared from wherever the last forum was long enough ago that I won't be remembered.

Name: Ian K.
Been playing off and on since 1997, mostly off lately since I've had a few, err... compatibility problems with the game since I got this computer a couple years back.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Edgars Erix
GP2 Gamer

Post by Edgars Erix »

Name: Edgars M?lkalns
Work: Project director at corporate finance company
Hobbies: GP2; F1; Metal music; Latvian history, folklore and mythology

First discovered GP2 in 1999 or 2000. Played for a year or two and then had a break for some years. Now I'm back! \:D/
Belatti
GP2 Starter

Post by Belatti »

work: finishing mechanical engineering this year, working in project engineering office at BASF (car paint factory)
hobbies: gp2, chess, playing football and tennis, (unfortunately dont have enough money to race karts or anything, otherwise you bet I would)

I began playing Gp2 in 1998 more or less, I had a lot of F1GP experience so I learnt rapidly
Then when I began using Internet I began downloading Gp2 stuff and... :D :D discovered the best game ever (actually I like driving PS2 GT4 and GP4 more, but those are not as easy to custom as GP2)
Since last year I have no Computer so I built a "Frankenstein" Pentium I and began playing GP2 again thanks to that.

Now Im raising some cash to buy a new Pc and play GP2 in a decent SVGA res, like never before :D
MaxD1976
GP2 Newbie

Post by MaxD1976 »

Name: Max Davies
Work: Franchise Director of http://www.yellowtom.co.uk/leeds
Hobbies: GP2; F1; other motor racing series' but most importantly, my family and my baby girl Melissa who is 3 today!

Right then, my GP2 story? QUite simple...
Been playing it since xmas 1996 (i think) when my sister gave it to me as an xmas present.
I still remember opening the wrapping paper, then foaming at the mouth like an escaped lunatic in excitement!
Practically ran through every closed door in the house to switch the PC on, installed the game, double clicked the GP2.exe, and then THAT music and engine noise began...

WOW, what a game. Have tried others namely GP3 and though graphics were a lot better, for sheer enjoyment and ability to alter the game to your own specifications, nothing compares to GP2.

As a 31 year old who runs their own business, I really shouldn't be playing this game. I should be taking care of my customers, getting new ones etc.
But let me ask you this.....

IF THE POPE WAS ASKED TO STOP SAYING MASS, WOULD HE??????????
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Name: H.
Work: Student in 11th
GP2 (Playin' and patchin')
- . -
MaxD1976
GP2 Newbie

Post by MaxD1976 »

I always wanted to play handball HF.
No-one play's it in this country near where I live.

Besides, if I were to play it I wouldn't last 2 seconds now as I recently stopped smoking after over 10 years! Gotta give the lungs a chance first!
:o)