Members info - please write in!

Smalltalk
Here you can post everything which doesn't fit into the other forums!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Well I never got to do any racing, or engineering, or indeed anything interesting at all... Because I was a first year at the time all they'd let me do was clean up some rusty bolts off an old Ford Sierra... Still, we all have to start somewhere...
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Why didn't you go on then!?

I'm studying the same and I'm planning to 'work' in the formula student team later (when I have some years behind me and more progress in my studies and also more knowledge to put in).
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I found university a lot harder than I expected and so it took me three years to pass my first year! Then I ran out of money so I had to leave and move back home. I was hoping to get a junior position with one of the English F1 teams (they are all based close to where I studied) but it didn't happen and now I'm doing a job I hate!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Hmm yeah, I can confirm that (machine) engineering is not the easiest course you can choose. :wink:

And well, I'm living close to the Nürburgring (and Cologne were Toyota F1 is based), so I once had this 'dream', too. But I think it's unrealistic now and so I stopped thinking of that. ;-)
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

You don't want to work in a F1 team, trust me....
You won't be able to have a private life and it's not as glamorous as you might think, that's for sure.
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Exactly that is the point. And in addition to that you need to have a lot of experience from other racing series which you have to gather first and then in F1 it may be that you only construct the front suspension and develope and refine it over years and years.
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

What would I do to study on a university right now *dreaming* :wink:

School is so boring! :lol:

I'm living next to Ralf Schumachers indoor and outdoor cart track. I still love it either I was there only one time :wink:
- . -
Chico Landi
GP2 Starter

Who I am ???

Post by Chico Landi »

Carlos E Pereira
"Chico Landi"
Age ????
Tec :wink: . Telecom
Brazil
São Paulo
I Love the GP2 !!!! and Fast Tracks !!!!
I made some cars, carsets, tracks (???) and trackmaps for GP2.
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Welcome aboard. :)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Yes Chico, welcome :D

There may not be quantity here, but there is quality :P
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
npgp2
GP2 Newbie

Post by npgp2 »

Name: Nick Pathuis
Hobbys: Music, Internet, Guitar, and back on a firm dose of Gp2.
How I got into gp2:

I had F1gp long loooong time ago... Then, in 1997 my dad got me a copy of gp2. I played it for days, and when I got a cd with patching utils, I loved it even more. Can't remember when I started patching, but in 2004 I released a carset with stolen Ferrari's. :S But, that's where I started. I worked with SW for a while, as SWNP we carried the flag for sometime. But in early 2005, he left for the army and I was left alone, to 'fight' EVDJS. In early 2006, me, DJS and FK formed the shortlived TeamGp2.

I think I fell off a cliff or so and went mental, closed my forum, misused HF's trust and let someone else, even tough it was out of my power, close his forum. :S Really regret that now.

But I'm back. :D
Romeo loved his Juliet
their parents told them "Stop"
then it all turned out peculiar
he couldn't get it up
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Hobbys: fitness, football, music, GP2
Me & GP2: Bought it mid 1997, bought a GP2edit-package the same year, started patching the same year (so this year I celebrate 10 years of painting cars for GP2), released first cars in 2002 (Minardi PS02, Arrows A23), made some (as I think fantastic) carsets together with Patrick, worked together with the famous EVDJS-team, did some own stuff (actual project sportscars, just released a 1991 carset). [And I won a GP2-hotlap-competition once. :D]
kimi_mp4-18
GP2 Newbie

Post by kimi_mp4-18 »

Name : Patrick Augusto-Lopes
Nickname : C@rt-man
Hometown : Paris Plage, France
Hobbies : TBA
Starting patching GP2 : since 1997.

I've started patching GP2 with a ( awful, I must admit ) 1995 F1 carset. There was too many people who making some F1 stuff, and I decided, with a friend ( Christian Culioli, also known as James Buster ) to start a complete IndyCar / CART / ChampCar carsets collection.

"James" has left the business after creating an amazing carsets collection. My best GP2 memories were with FK : we have designed together really nice ( I think ) carsets. Some projects are currently in progress, and news will be available soon ( not for the moment because of my health problems ).

See you soon !

NB : "TBA" is for "To Be Announced".
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Well I never realised that James Buster and Christian Culioli were one and the same. Mind you, I am a bit slow...
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Well, a little change on my details, as I've left my job:

Name: Roberto
State: São Paulo
Work: engineering student
Hobbys: Soccer (São Paulo FC 3 times World Champion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), drinking, girls , gp2, gp3, gp4, gpl, f1c, ayrton senna's super monaco gp2 and so on