Finally I got GP2 working again!

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Finally I got GP2 working again!

Post by MaxX »

After many tries I finally got one of my all-time favorite games working again! An awesome feeling ,I will have some fun in the next couple of days \:D/

This is how it worked for me:
1) I`ve setted up an old Lenovo W500 with a Dual-Boot WinXp (32bit) and Win7. For Gaming the old games I use XP. I call this baby with a fresh 750GB HD my Portable Gaming Station :mrgreen:
2) I installed GP2 and GP2Edit and the usual stuff like GP2Lap
3) I installed VDMSound and CPUKiller3 (unfortunately no freeware, but not costly). I also tried the Freeware SlowDonwCPU, but that didn`t work somehow
4) Set Slowdown and enjoy the game

Awesome, now I can play with my 24 ready to race carsets again :) for this I simply copied the entire gamefolder, patched it (cars, menubackgrounds,tracks, etc.) and can play various seasons with one mouseclick :)

It also works with Dosbox for some guys, but not for me (tried it on 5 different machines, all have had heavy performance problems). I also tried setting up virtual machines with VirtualPc and VMWare, but these also didn`t work out. But that`s all yesterday, now I`m back behind the racing wheel :)
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: Finally I got GP2 working again!

Post by rremedio »

Nice to have you back, Max!

Portable Gaming Station sounds nice! I need to get one of these for me too! (well, my laptop can be called like this anyway, it has GP1 to GP4 and a bunch of emulators: Atari 2600, Nes, Master System, Game Gear, Amiga, Mega Drive, SNES, MAME, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2 and many more. A shame that I don't have time to play any of this...)
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Thank you Roberto, the grandprix2-community is still awesome :)

What else do we need, a bunch of emulators and GP1-4 running that`s great. Due GP2 didn`t work I was playing GP4, but the seasons are way better patched in GP2, due the ones in GP4 most times lack the tracks and so on. I only have some seasons which are really good in GP4.

I only have NES, SNES, Genesis, MasterSys, C64 and DOS-Emulators, but they do the trick :)

But I have to get used to GP2 again, my laptimes are much slower than they used to be. But I`m getting competitive again :)
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

"Turbo" is free, nice and small CPU killer at least for me. Well done for returning to GP2. :)
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

I`ve tried some of these tools, but somehow nothing worked. But at least it does now :)
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

Great that everything works, and welcome back :D
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Peze wrote:Great that everything works, and welcome back :D
Thank you very much. It`s amazing that all people are still around here, which were one and a half year ago :)
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Yeehaw, the first victory on ace difficulty on my belt after my comeback to GP2 \:D/ Starting 26th - finishing 1st :mrgreen:

Still some gap to my prior laptimes but it`s getting better :lol:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us