GP2 LAN problem

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Philip00
GP2 Newbie

GP2 LAN problem

Post by Philip00 »

Hi all!

I have 2 win 98 machine with both installed gp2 with gp2lap etc.. . The lan working with 2 machine(i can share files etc..). But when i want to play gp2 only one machine find other. I mean just one machine said 1 player found waitng for reply, but in other machne(what founded) still searchin player screen i have. PLS Help me i really want to play this game via lan

EDIT: i try one machine winME and other WIN98 but same result:( only one machine can find GP2LAP, other not answer just searching player, What i did wrong? (cross cable i have, LAN working perfectly, i mean i can share files etc..) ?
Philip00
GP2 Newbie

Re: GP2 LAN problem

Post by Philip00 »

I try other machine, but always just one recognize in gp2lap other no answer just search player, why?
please help me:(
fantomas76
GP2 Newbie

Post by fantomas76 »

Maybe a stupid question, but who knows... Have you installed the Netware Client Service in both machines? Because only one of them has to host, I think it has to be installed at least in the follower one. I have it in both and they can see and invite each other. In other words, in the General tab of your internet card, I think you need to see the Netware Client Service, the NWLink NetBIOS and the NWLink/IPX/SPX... Transfer Protocol altogether. You can install what missing very easily by clicking the proper install button in the same window.

With this configuration, my IPX connection seems to work only in wi-fi, in fact when I try with the ethernet, I often get the message "Send error 254 for completion code", but I would be more than happy to play without a cable and with the PCs well distant one to each other. And I still haven't played because after getting the invitation and synchronization of the machines, a black screen appears. Not enough, but a little bit more than you and I hope I can help you.
Philip00
GP2 Newbie

Post by Philip00 »

fantomas76 wrote:Maybe a stupid question, but who knows... Have you installed the Netware Client Service in both machines? Because only one of them has to host, I think it has to be installed at least in the follower one. I have it in both and they can see and invite each other. In other words, in the General tab of your internet card, I think you need to see the Netware Client Service, the NWLink NetBIOS and the NWLink/IPX/SPX... Transfer Protocol altogether. You can install what missing very easily by clicking the proper install button in the same window.

With this configuration, my IPX connection seems to work only in wi-fi, in fact when I try with the ethernet, I often get the message "Send error 254 for completion code", but I would be more than happy to play without a cable and with the PCs well distant one to each other. And I still haven't played because after getting the invitation and synchronization of the machines, a black screen appears. Not enough, but a little bit more than you and I hope I can help you.
Check your pm mate:)
Philip00
GP2 Newbie

Post by Philip00 »

Philip00 wrote:
fantomas76 wrote:Maybe a stupid question, but who knows... Have you installed the Netware Client Service in both machines? Because only one of them has to host, I think it has to be installed at least in the follower one. I have it in both and they can see and invite each other. In other words, in the General tab of your internet card, I think you need to see the Netware Client Service, the NWLink NetBIOS and the NWLink/IPX/SPX... Transfer Protocol altogether. You can install what missing very easily by clicking the proper install button in the same window.

Check your pm mate:)
Now they find each other one machine with xp and dosbox(installed odi driver) and other laptop with win98. I can start the race but randomly freeze(sometimes in the start, sometimes after one or 2 laps) pls somebody help me