I'm not as good as in every track.

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
tadano
GP2 Newbie

I'm not as good as in every track.

Post by tadano »

Let me present my self first. I play gp2 for very very longtime. I started with gp1 when it first came out. Then had a long break on GP simulation games and had re-started when gp3 came out. I discovered gp2 after playing gp3 for a really long time completing dozens if not hundreds of %100 distance racers. For the last 3-4 years i only do GP2. I only tried GP4 2 or 3 time and decided it was way to detailed and asking too much time and effort to master it. At 38 years, I only do may be one race a week at most and don't have more time to spare for GP sim.

Now, my question is that with GP2, i already done more than 10 %100 races in every track and i am frustrated about not being as good as in every track. With a given carset, i may set pole and win a %100 race at Hockenheim, Monza,SPA Francorchamps,Suzuka,Silverstone and Adelaide for exemple. Not that much on top edge but always in the top 4-5 at Interlagos,Barcelone,Aida,Monaco,Canada for exemple and struggling in the mid field at Humgaroring and Jerez. What ever i tried , I can not be good enough on this two.

Also, regardless of the circuits, I am generally better in the race than in qualifications. I don't remember having these issues with GP3 that I actually discovered before GP2.

Is it me or the game (software) ??????????????????

Thanks for your advices in advance.
bb49
GP2 Newbie

Re: I'm not as good as in every track.

Post by bb49 »

Hungaroring is not the easiest track, but there is a specific reason that users will struggle at "Jerez", because each slot (1-16) has different 'data' set into it - lets just say that CC cars are much faster at slot 14 and you will easily win at Hockenhei, Gilles Villenueve and Adeliade because the data slots 6, 9, and 16 makes the cc cars slower there. If you known about gp2 no cd then you an change, for example, f1ct16 to f1ct 14 and vice versa, and then you will see adeliade at slot 14 and Jerez at slot 16 and you can win easily.

Also, nowadays there are so many upgrades you can add to GP2, so I would suggest finding all about gp2 no cd, downloading and enabling it, and trying out some of the amazing circuits that have been created by every day people like you and me, which are freely available on this site. There are THOUSANDS of new circuits that have been created for the game, some with breathtaking graphics.

Anyway, hope this clears it up for you.