Help with Carshapes Please

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
El Stumpo
GP2 Newbie

Help with Carshapes Please

Post by El Stumpo »

Hi all,

I'm going to do some championships from old years, and obviously it would be better if the cars looked old as well :D

I'm hop ing someone can find the time to answer some very basic questions for me.

Say I have downloaded a carshape file from the site:

How do I use this carshape in the game?

Which files in which folders do I have to replace and what names must I use?

Do I need to download any particular program to do this?

Am I right to think that there are two car shapes in the game and I have to replace both of them?

Are there any other questions I should have asked, and if so, what are the answers?

Thanks very much in advance to anybody who replies.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: Help with Carshapes Please

Post by rremedio »

Hi!

To install carshapes you need the Carshape Editor (download it on the Editors, Patches, Utilities section). To install the program just extract it to any folder you want, run the program , go to Edit -> Edit GP2 Location and chose the folder where your GP2.exe is within.

To use it go to File -> Load Car and select the carshape you want then export (icon with "GP2" and an UP arrow). It will install both carshapes (GP2 has two carshapes, but the carshape files contains both shapes). Now you are ready to go.

Besides that, the only thing you probably want to fix is the Carshape Distance (also known as Rcr Distance). I suggest that you use GP2Lap to do this (just check GP2Lap readme to understand how).

I hope it helps.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

In some point you may want to have two different shapes from two separate shape files which is now possible with great tool by rremedio, see the topic:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=909
El Stumpo
GP2 Newbie

Post by El Stumpo »

Many thanks to both of you.
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Peze wrote:In some point you may want to have two different shapes from two separate shape files which is now possible with great tool by rremedio, see the topic:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=909
Why I haven't saw this yet. :lol: